• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Update) Aerial C-Stick Issues +*Workaround*

NFTsmasher

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shoob24
This is the reason I didn't want to switch to t-stick....
FYI, tilted f-tilts were never possible with the c-stick.

I've changed my view on this since my last post on this topic. I believe tilt c-stick to be much better than Smash stick overall. It just requires more practice to get the hang of it I think.

---

Oh, was just testing this out: I think you can't do a pivot attack with tilt c-stick if you input the diagonal direction. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

ProphetEyes

Smash Rookie
NNID
ProphetEyes
Why is it that sometimes when I use c-stick to aerial, I get a N-air, even though my stick is set to smash?

Last edited:

Lizam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lizzam
Even if you're insanely quick with flicking the c-stick for aerials with a smash-stick, it still eff's up your momentum.

I was playing around in training mode yesterday with 2 Sonic's (the CPU set to control), and with 1P set to tilt-stick and the CPU set to smash-stick.

With 1P, I was doing retreating short-hop fairs from one side of the stage to the other. It flowed naturally in the way you would expect.

Then with the CPU Sonic, I did the exact same thing (flicking the smash-stick, not holding), and I would notice that my fairs would weirdly pull Sonic forward as I was trying to retreat. It looks and feels really weird and explains why I felt I had better control of my characters in the air when I switched to the tilt-stick.

Even the minor 1 or 2 frames you flick a smash-stick with for your aerials is enough to ruin your flow, in my opinon.

shadee88

Smash Apprentice
this mechanic has really ****ed me up in tourneys,,,,,,,,, I had didn't have that problem in Brawl tourneys.......

IMO, i prefer Brawl's 1% tripping than Smash 4 (35%????) aerial issues......

Top Bottom