• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Update 1*Middle Tennessee Tournament @ KOKingpins's

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Whats up everyone! I'm Moving to Smyrna, TN in November and i wanna hold a Tournament! There will be Pizza and Drinks! Everyone is Invited!

*update here* So yeah the realizeation of thanksgiving hit me and so i moved the date to December 2nd hopefully for people will be able to make it this way

*glares ar virgilijious and handorin and anyone else who thinks that the 25th was a bad idea cause of thanksgiving.*
HAHA jk

i think this will give more people the opportunity to go (hopefully)

and also the address of the place is 600 Nissan Dr Smyrna TN 37167 my Apartment Number is 25

Rules for the tournament will be as follows:!

- Matches will be best 2 of 3 and Finals will be best 3 of 5
- Matches will be 4 stock with an 8 minute time limit
- Items will be turned off
- Stages and Match rules apply to both Single/Doubles

Stages:

- Banned Stages are as follows: Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Termina, Yoshi's Island, Flat Zone, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island Past Stage.
- Random Stage selection is as follows: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dream Land, Pokémon Stadium.
- No stage maybe used twice in a single match, be it by random select or stage picking
- Each person knocks out one stage for the entire set. The stage must be picked at the begining after each person selects his/her character.
- Advanced Slob Picks: After the first match, the loser says the stage out load, the winner then picks there character, and the loser picks the character after that.

Addtional Notes to follow:

- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

- Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.

- Also we will need people to bring setups (TV's, Cube's, and Power Strips if possible).

Handorin

Smash Hero
Everyone has basically posted in the TN locator about this. >_>

But I miss that sexy fox and must go.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
so can i get a show of hands (or names) on everyone who thinks they can come

i will most likely be able to house like 10 peeps (not very comfortably but still >.>) so that makes it easier on everyone. If i have to im sure we could fit in more. just make sure you bring a cover and pillow to sleep with

Ill order some pizza (if alot show i might have to charge like $2 for food cost) as i said before and i think my GF wants to make snacks for everyone (cookies, cake, etc)

but anyway this is a good oppotunity to bring TN smash together just like INNsomina...

*edit* Oh and this could be a great way for us to do the Tennessee Power Rankings. With Run7, Me, Aurafox, the rest of memphis, and east Tennessee we could make this tourney huge for TN!

Handorin

Smash Hero
I think I can go, and if I go Yang might go.

I asked Nite awhile back, and he said that the Run7 will most likely not be going. Lance and Fizz will have work and Lance is a major ride factor. And they dont really want to waste gas money going out there.
Might want to verify this with them though.

moogle

Smash Ace
I was planning to go to GAWes's Devotion tourney (near Atlanta) on Sunday, November 26. Maybe I could go to both tourneys. :p Smryna/Nashville is 2 hours or less from Huntsville.

Though if you ever want to move it a week earlier or a week later, I'd be in favor of it.

Handorin

Smash Hero
A week earlier is the START Smashing Tournament in Muscle Shoals, AL. A week later is... too late?? I dunno

moogle

Smash Ace
Nono, Muscle Shoals = Nov 11, This tourney = Nov 25, Weekend before that = Nov 18.

November 25 probably could still work for me. Though Nov 18 would be preferable.

And.. I'm definitely going to the Muscle Shoals tourney. Middle Tennessee people should show up too. :p I'm guessing it's 2.5 to 3 hours from Nashville.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
either way imma try to get some locals that way the pot will get bigger. Hopefully Nite and The rest of Run7 can show id like to see them again (although i havnt really met Nite and lance) as well as some of the INNsomniacs

Oh and the problem with the having the tourney the week before/after is that they are INN Bi-Weeklies so nov 25th seemed like the best date.

TridenT

Smash Cadet
If I can get time away from stuff to come out to this, I might just be able to make the trip.

Heck, I might even bring my new Wii to distract you folks and throw off your game. >_> (Lies! The Wii stays with Mii!)

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
KO: I wish I could make it, but I'll be in Memphis on the 25th. No worries though, as I believe, if Red Ninja told me right, I'll see you on the 14th...

Handorin

Smash Hero
Then why dont you go to Ko's place. All of Memhpis is transfering there on that day ;)

Nite

Smash Champion
Hopefully I will be able to make this. If Lance goes, I'm down for it no doubt. Oh, and moogle is the ****, lol. It'll be nice to see KOkingpin again (this will be after Muscle Shoals). Aurafox is cool as hell too, so it would be nice to chill with him again. We'll see what happens.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
excellent guys its starting to look like this will be nice and big. im still bugging Aura hes off on weekends but is slacking it looks like ima have to go pick him up >.>

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
Well, I've been aching for a tournament to come near my area, and I've finally found one. I would love to attend, and you will most likely see me there. Also, I have a few SSBM peeps who may be able to come down as well. We're all no-names, but the more the merrier, right?

Hopefully, everyone will be able to see my big furry face in 3 weeks. :cool:

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Nites too good.

Hopefully you can go Nite.

I know if you do you'll pwn :).

Handorin

Smash Hero
Hmmm, I forgot I have a band trip to Hollywood on the 25th >_<
looks like I will be a no show

Nite

Smash Champion
Nites too good.

Hopefully you can go Nite.

I know if you do you'll pwn :).
<3's Shizwiz. Thanks man.

I'll most likely be going to Devotion in Georgia. Are you going to that Shizwiz? I know some other FL people like Doodah, XIF, Chops, and Green Mario are planning on it.

TridenT

Smash Cadet
Well, to the best of my knowledge, I can make it, so the main thing to know is when it's going to begin so I know how early to leave, and where exactly it's going to be so I can MapQuest my way there.

I'll see if I can russel up a friend who Smashes, but nobody I ever play with is in town any more (and they aren't good enough to beat me anyway) so I may just have to troll the nearby GameCrazy, see who's interested.

But at the very least, I'll be bringing the Knoxville heat. (Pfft, more like Knoxville tiny candle compared to them western TN'ans.)

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
@ trident - Dude Get on aim or Call my Cell phone (931)409-5903 Im gonna be in K-Ville on Nov14th
@ Nite - oh and a new rule was just added to my tourney No Fox or Falco for you in tourney, they are gods (hehe jk)
@ Jmoan - Sweet man bring all your friends so they can take the Zelda Challenge muahahahaha

Nite

Smash Champion
Lol, KOkingpin. Fox and Falco are gods, sorry for using them. Whenever you can, catch me on aim, so that I can talk to you about this.

Red_Ninja

Smash Cadet
KO, hope I can make it to your place on the 25th, I just don't think its gonna happen due to work. Had a sweet time smashing with you for the past 2 days about 15 hours nonstop lol. We had some really awesome matches. Happy B Day and I guess I will talk to you soon so we can figure out when our crew is gonna get set up and have everyone meet together.

Nite

Smash Champion
Happy Birthday KO!

I hope you can make it Red_Ninja. I look forward to playing you sometime. If you can go to this tournament, hopefully KO can help me out and pick me up. It's a ittle ways away though, so I understand if he doesn't want to. I'll be your doubles partner though!

Nite

Smash Champion
Aw that sucks, but I understand completely. Money is kinda tight right now. I'll still see if I can come to this. Hit me up on AIM sometime.

Sawwy GA people!

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
KO, your code didnt work on the original post. Your missing a [ in the end. I would love to do this but 1. I suck 2. money 3. Im probly comming anyway. We shall see though.

edit: Poop, I just saw it was Dec. 2. Kind of got that thing at my school.

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
Odds are, I'll still be able to attend the new date. Gotta get a ride, but that shouldn't be too difficult. Also, odds are I'll be able to bring more peeps.

I approve this day. ::two thumbs up; way up::

Handorin

Smash Hero
It isnt because of Thanksgiving, it is because I would be on a band trip. ;)

I looked at the calender and that happens to be someones wedding shower (whom we have known a long time). I dont know if I could get out of it or not. I could say I havnt heard anything about it, even though I just looked at the calender to look

Red_Ninja

Smash Cadet
I look forward to playing you too Nite, me or KO for doubles though?? I just wish that I waited till Januray to get my job then I would definitely go to it.

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
So who all exactly can show? Since the date change I haven't seen too many people responding. Hopefully, most will still be able to come.... :confused:

Including myself, I know of at least 6 people who will come. (And none of them save me have an account on Smash Boards, sadly.)

TridenT

Smash Cadet
[3rd Time's the Charm EDIT]: YAY! You moved it to the 2nd!

I didn't even think about it yesterday, but I had a sticky note left to myself here at work saying Nov 25th, Smyrna... and I completely failed to put 2 and 2 together to get DURR That's The Saturday After Thanksgiving.

I would definitely have forgotten to be there, and even if I'd remembered in time, I wouldn't have been able to make it out. (We have two Thanksgivings... one is on Sunday and at our house, so we had mass cleaning to do.)

Turns out I have December and January confused, so I'm a doof. The 2nd of January, I WILL be gone, but if this is happening the 2nd of December, that being this Saturday, count me in!

[Final EDIT, not going to erase this time]: Well, turns out I've got to work this weekend. Phooey. :(

Top Bottom