• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

upB out of shield

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
first of all, i've spent some time away from peach.
not just using her, but following other peaches on youtube and/or reading the forums and whatnot.

i was playing a little peach again after a notable hiatus.
my friend was falco and i was utilizing upB oos like i used to when i came up with this question.

if done right, could nair or FCnair oos replace upB oos? or are there specific times when upB oos is better for the job?

edit: are the peach boreds still dead?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Naw, we are slightly alive. And i don't think nair can realistically replace up-b against fox or falco. It can vs everyone else though (i think). Light shield seems to be the best option.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
that's what i was thinking. maybe upB is better in some situations because you gain height faster than you would with a full hop (i think) and because you can follow it up much easier than a nair at certain percents.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
so i was right to suspect upB oos of being obsolete?

i still don't fc nairs oos every try lol

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
@Mistah Lumpy from Modesto: Not that I play anymore...but OOS umbrella gets u out of **** and OOS nair punishes ****. And u really should start playing sf 4 with me lumpy.

Tamoo

Smash Master
how many frames does upb oos take? Edit: Just checked it's about 12 amirite?

I haven't really thought of using it that much

Also is fcnair oos better than just nair oos? Ive been simply nairing cos in my head, it sounds like an extra frame advantage lol, which i'm always looking for, only fcnairing if i know i have enough time

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Also is fcnair oos better than just nair oos? Ive been simply nairing cos in my head, it sounds like an extra frame advantage lol, which i'm always looking for, only fcnairing if i know i have enough time
If your enemy is at low percentages, fc nair can lead to other things. If your enemy is at higher percentages, nair out of shield ( its barely faster and you cannot combo anyways).

Thats what i do, at least.

just nair after the shine when they shield pressure you lol
I've found this not to work against falcos that can pillar (near) perfectly.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
@Mistah Lumpy from Modesto: Not that I play anymore...but OOS umbrella gets u out of **** and OOS nair punishes ****. And u really should start playing sf 4 with me lumpy.
PAUL i miss you :)

yeah when i'm feeling pressured, upB feels safe. idk.
it'll prolly be a long while till i play peach again anyway.
i'm still more confident as peach than anyone else against fox, which sucks considering i think fox ***** peach beyond belief.

i'd play sf4 but i really suck with an arcade stick. hehe
i think i could be ok at it though.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
he got 2nd at the cgc, paul.
i don't even go to tournaments.
and my hero abandoned me so i don't know how motivated i could be right now. hehe

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i think i'm older than you. lol

edit: this thread doesn't need to exist anymore. (although it is my only remaining connection to my hero)

Top Bottom