• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up Throw > Dimensional Cape

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
So is this just a thing? I was testing it with a friend, and although you have to know the spacing/ read and/or react to DI, it seeeeeeemed relatively guaranteed on the characters he was playing at certain percents.

In general, it seems to work in the 70 - 90% window on non fast fallers, and I hit it on my buddy's wolf at around 120%, but I would think it is the 100% - 120% window for fast fallers.

Specifically against Bowser, it was working at right around 80%
But I did also manage to pull it off against his Sonic, ROB, Mario, and Falco. (Which is why I made the post)

My friend has good DI, so I am inclined to believe this is a thing, and I was wondering if it was something that was widely known because if it is a thing, it should be, although it seems like the timing for the DC to work is fairly strict as one might expect.

EDIT: I just found in another article that someone had posted about this... Oh well, I still think it is something worthy of being mentioned. xD

Last edited:

Brikmaethor

Smash Cadet
Indeed, this is something that I've been toying with more and more. It feels guaranteed with good reactions and cape control, but I've yet to push it very far past an idea, personally. Awesome to see other Meta Knights implementing it!

Last edited:

Narelex

Smash Journeyman
It works on lighter characters due to their longer time in hitstun and floaty-ish ones (:mario2::zelda::sonic:) since they can't fall quick enough to escape it however characters with really quick/big aerials can stuff you if they DI away and use their option to challenge you.

:bowser2:Bowser is a good example of a char it doesn't always work on since his Nair is 3 frames and he either wins or trades with the armour on it.

Up air strings into an IDC is also a really good option for kills off the side.

Last edited:
Top Bottom