• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up+b

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Out of all the Yoshi brawl gameplay videos I haven't seen one actually using it to recover from off the stage :(. I heard it's alot like mario's cape, so does that mean that if your trying to recover from off the stage it will kill most of your horizontal movement?

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Only seems to help you stall air time to get a little horizontal movement so you can use your 2nd jump, which I never found to be a problem

its alot like marios cape

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Jump, Air Dodge Up, Second Jump, Air Dodge Up, Up B. (Air Dodge again, though I don't know if you can after using your Up B.)

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't you have to rely on yoshi's second jump. His up b is just his egg toss
This is Brawl discussion. In Brawl in acts sort of like Mario's cape, but can be used faster in succession. It gives him just a tad, itty-bitty distance, but that's it.

Ohh, and good video find. I love watching vids. that are clear and understandable. :)

dinhotheone

Smash Apprentice
idk if you played mario, but his cape was not really a momentum killer during recoveries. and this looks much more effective. the fact that yoshi had no momentum to start with is the problem, thanks for the vid.

startoonhero

Smash Apprentice
wait, we CANT aim our airdodges now? hmm.. didnt hear that.. was it on a update in dojo?
as for yoshis egg, yeah like marios cape lol

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Except it goes a little higher and it can be used multiple times without going into a helpless state. So I wouldn't say useless.
That's correct. Is Mario's cape useless for recovery? No. This just like Mairo's cape, if not better. We have not seen it in action, but I believe it can be directed, like the cape. He also uses it very quickly in succession. Stop complaing, because this is exactly what we need. They aren't going to give him a super power jump when he does it, right? This was exactly what I was looking for, and now we have it. We got along in Melee just fine without it, so now why is everyone (except Yosher and I) complaining about this?

Also, in case you guys didn't know, Yoshi's Side-B can be used to grab the stage now. Before, Yoshi would just bounce off and fall to his death. So, Yoshi has everything he needs.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
That's correct. Is Mario's cape useless for recovery? No. This just like Mairo's cape, if not better. We have not seen it in action, but I believe it can be directed, like the cape. He also uses it very quickly in succession. Stop complaing, because this is exactly what we need. They aren't going to give him a super power jump when he does it, right? This was exactly what I was looking for, and now we have it. We got along in Melee just fine without it, so now why is everyone (except Yosher and I) complaining about this?
Yeah, but in Melee, we had the directional airdodge instead of his recovering Up+B. I still think this is a good change though, he can use it multiple times and he can still use other moves afterwards too, which you can't with DA in Melee. People just like to complain a lot, and they just HAVE to find something to complain about. XD

Also, in case you guys didn't know, Yoshi's Side-B can be used to grab the stage now. Before, Yoshi would just bounce off and fall to his death. So, Yoshi has everything he needs.
Perhaps that's why they otherwise weakened this move. Or maybe Yoshi has been buffed in all other area's, and was downgraded with this move. Heh.. I wouldn't mind if that was the case!

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
People just like to complain a lot, and they just HAVE to find something to complain about. XD
Yea, lol. :dizzy:

Perhaps that's why they otherwise weakened this move. Or maybe Yoshi has been buffed in all other area's, and was downgraded with this move. Heh.. I wouldn't mind if that was the case!
I never thought of that, it's quite possible.

ugg1020

Smash Cadet
I'll take anything when it comes to helping Yoshi's recovery. I don't know how many times I have just barely missed the edge from my double jump and then fell to oblivion because I couldn't get that last oomph.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
As The Corax King said earlier, it just seems to stall him there. Useless.
Maybe just MAYBE she's not pressing the left and right directional buttons?

The amount of whiners on this forum is AMAZING.

Ive seen a video of it helping yoshi's recovery, I don't feel like looking for it now though cause I should be writing a paper.

dinhotheone

Smash Apprentice
dinhotheno, I think your definition of "momentum" is twisted.
ahh, true, i meant horizontal momentum, whos to say that this move kills horizontal momentum when there is no way to tell from this video. what we do know is that it killed the negative verticle momentum which is good. plus, we do not know whether you can generate momentum with this move. holding left or right my be good. finnally, you do realize that by saying you dont think it will help recovery, you are calling sakurai, the creator of our beloved game, a moron dont you? he himself says that it helps recovery, a claim he would not make unless it obviously did help. the fact that some people (not all) take unhelpful, video evidence over the word of this man astounds me if someone finds a vid of yoshi saving himself, it would be most appreciated.

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
Maybe just MAYBE she's not pressing the left and right directional buttons?

The amount of whiners on this forum is AMAZING.

Ive seen a video of it helping yoshi's recovery, I don't feel like looking for it now though cause I should be writing a paper.
Man,

Don't you think you could've sad that alot nicer? I mean come on. Was I whining when I pointed out that his up b is not that great? No. I simply made an argument that COULD be true. There's no need to act all sarcastic and stuff. Just post nicely and everyone will have a good time on the boards.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
finnally, you do realize that by saying you dont think it will help recovery, you are calling sakurai, the creator of our beloved game, a moron dont you? he himself says that it helps recovery, a claim he would not make unless it obviously did help. the fact that some people (not all) take unhelpful, video evidence over the word of this man astounds me if someone finds a vid of yoshi saving himself, it would be most appreciated.
YESH! :grin: I think that's what someone(s) needed to hear, lol. Also, I don't want it to completely kill horizontal comepletely, but enough so after using it a couple times you sort of dirft towards the stage, a lot like Marth's Side B.

Sometimes people misinterpet text on the computer.
Well that's their fault for not making it clear (no offense, dinhotheone).

suzuki brawl

Smash Journeyman
they buff and nerf yoshi recovery at the same time because he lost he jumps cancel ability but now egg toss help him recovy ...

peachy!

super princess
You know what's really weird? Remember when Sakurai confirmed Yoshi, he said that now his Up B move will be "Egg Toss". Well, check Yoshi's profile and read the box that contain his special moves. It says "Egg Throw". I guess he's just too used to Melee! Lol!

peachy!

super princess
You know what's really weird? Remember when Sakurai confirmed Yoshi, he said that now his Up B move will be "Egg Toss". Well, check Yoshi's profile and read the box that contain his special moves. It says "Egg Throw". I guess he's just too used to Melee! Lol!

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Top Bottom