• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions v2.0 - Read the OP before posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
^i wouldn't say that's all that unpopular. From my observations Ridley has many fans and pyrosphere has very few(along with the craphole game it came from but i won't get into another rant on that)

D

Deleted member

Probably Noone will agree with this but I think Pit has the best outfit out of all the characters.

Probably Noone will agree with this but I think Pit has the best outfit out of all the characters.

Sorry for the duplicate post

Last edited by a moderator:

JapanGuy

Smash Cadet
Alright, time for my unpopular opinion. *cracks knuckles* Bowser is the coolest character out of the entire roster. (visually)

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Alright, time for my unpopular opinion. *cracks knuckles* Bowser is the coolest character out of the entire roster. (visually)
I like his cartoony design a lot in Smash 4. But his Brawl design is way more badass, then again, the whole cast was because of Brawl's theme.

JapanGuy

Smash Cadet
I like his cartoony design a lot in Smash 4. But his Brawl design is way more badass, then again, the whole cast was because of Brawl's theme.
I didn't like Bowser's Brawl design at all. But I really like his Smash 4 design. It's not just the way he looks for me. It's also the way he runs and attacks. I think it's more about how he stands up straight in Smash 4.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
- The best thing about this thread is the people failing to read the unpopular name of this thread, and breaking the first rule in order to fanboy their opinions to you.

- I'm still not entirely sure if getting a mass of likes from your opinion should be considered a success, or a failure in this threads eyes.

- Japanese players are a**holes

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Music is easily one of the most important things in the game, as important as characters or gameplay.

-If a stage doesn't have good music, but it looks awesome, I would still not play in it.

-I don't like that some stages are FULL of excellent music, like Mario Galaxy, and some of them have zero, like Wii Fit Studio, Pilotwings or even the Kalos Pokemon League (this one is weird, it has a lot of decent music, but is just ... decent, it needed the Kalos Elite Four Theme).

-I personally don't want more human/anime looking characters, but I would like Isaac in Smash ONLY because the Boss theme in Norfair is awesome.

-I dislike the Brawl stages in Smash 4 (with some exceptions, like Norfair thanks to the Golden Sun music or Onett), they look ugly (Example: Luigi's Mansion, Delfino Plaza) and I personally don't care about them (75 M., Bridge of Eldin, Smashville, Skyworld, Pokemon Stadium 2, Mario Circuit).

-The new Stages are terrible (most of them), huge and full of hazards.

-I only play in Omega Stages and Battlefield (not Smashville ... because my game crashes :awesome:, Town and City or other "competitive stages".)

-Why the trees of Yoshi's Island (Brawl) are flat? and why its name is Yoshi's Island in the first place? I hate that.

-I dislike 8 Player Smash.

-I don't like the Kirby Stages in Smash 4 because they don't represent Kirby well.
Halberd is just incredibly boring looking and "dark", why not put some Wheelies in the background? that would be awesome.
The Great Cave Offensive is disgusting and it looks nothing like a Kirby Stage, not even in Omega Form, seriously why not just put a minecart or a gold Kirby statue in the background, or ... something. It looks like the Metal Mario stage in 64, but with some palm leaves.
They have good music, at least, but this game still needs music from the new Kirby games.

-This game needs more "night stages", Onnet at night with some U.F.O.s and the meteorite glowing in the background would be much better.
The return of Fourside would be awesome too.

-The worst stage in Smash 4 is Orbital Gate Assault, not 75 M.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
If you ask me, Project M is almost as bad as Brawl in terms of balance. Really, how did they manage to make one character (Mewtwo) so much better than everyone else?

Troykv

Smash Master
If you ask me, Project M is almost as bad as Brawl in terms of balance. Really, how did they manage to make one character (Mewtwo) so much better than everyone else?
Maybe bias? Anyway... I find it funny how one of the worst characters in Melee is now the best in Project M xDU

My favorite character in the game is Dark Pit... Considering the hatred of the character I guess it's not a common opinion xD

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Even though he's not my favorite lord, this guy should have replace Roy in Melee:

Troykv

Smash Master
Even though he's not my favorite lord, this guy should have replace Roy in Melee:
Oh, something you may not know, Leaf / Leif actually became initially considered to be the Marth's clone in Melee ... But in the end decided to change this by Roy, I guess a mix between New Game promotion and differentiation more evident by the fact the flames of the sword.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Oh, something you may not know, Leaf / Leif actually became initially considered to be the Marth's clone in Melee ... But in the end decided to change this by Roy, I guess a mix between New Game promotion and differentiation more evident by the fact the flames of the sword.
Yeah, Sakurai may have not wanted a complete clone of Marth and went with Roy for his "flame" feature.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Personally, I feel that Snake worked quite well as a Smash Bros. character, and I think that he should have been brought back. On a related note, I feel like the third party choices for this game seemed too safe, too predictable - it would have been nice to see someone who was completely unexpected, but still worked well as a choice because their series contributed a lot to the video game industry. (or alternatively, because their games were just that good)

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Another one that i would probably get flame for anywhere else. -I don't think Roy should come back. though, if fire marth's moveset really was popular enough to garner a lot of demand i'd prefer it to be given to his more interesting father; Eliwood.

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I actually like Smash Tour. After playing it so many times in an attempt to complete all of the achievements in Smash 4, I've really started to enjoy it. Smash Tour kinda seems like a unique, Smash Bros-esque twist on Mario Party to me.

Manta

Smash Cadet
I didn't want Bayonetta in. She wouldn't have fit with the cartoony style and probably would've given the game a T, or more likely, an M rating due to her design.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
He's not nearly as broken as he was in 3.0. He can't act out of teleport anymore and his tail isn't as big, for example. Most people think Wolf is the best now, apparently.

Anyways, on topic:
I think there should be an unwritten, understood "rule" or set of "rules" against overly campy/defensive play. Like, nothing officially banned by TOs, but have it considered unsportsmanlike and like, you could get called out for doing those types of things too much in a match.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
The recycled voice clips don't bother me.
Ryu AND Megaman could be in the game.
I think Mute City (3DS stage) is underrated.
Star Fox should have more remixes.
I prefer Xander Mobus to Dean Harrington and Jeff Manning. Like...
And, I think Lyn is hot.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
As far as unpopularity goes, I guess I'll have some more;
  • I dislike Mewtwo's playstyle in Melee despite him being my main; he's too easy to send flying and many of his attacks are too predictable. If Smash 4's Mewtwo gives him a more physical moveset and made him suitably heavy, I wouldn't mind even if he plays nothing like his Melee counterpart.

• If I had to choose between Ridley and Rayman for DLC, I'd choose Ridley in a heartbeat.

• If I had to cut anybody from the roster (who wasn't a clone) in a future game, I would cut Greninja (in favor of a more unique Generation VI representative, like Tyrantrum), Dark Pit (in favor of a crowd-pleaser like King K.Rool) and, don't crucify me for this, Lucario (in favor of Mewtwo, who was the first Pocket Monster to ever show off Mega-Evolution).

• I think Shulk was unneeded, but I'm hardpressed to find anyone to replace him with.

• People who thought that Lucas wasn't one of the first on the chopping block were, to me, always going to be dissapointed. He came from an unsucessful U.S franchise and Mother 3 is the last official Mother-series game. It was either him or Ness, and Ness had fan-favouritism on his side.

• That being said, the only cut I miss from Brawl to this game is Wolf, because he was a unique (if derivative) fighter. I didn't use Squirtle or Ivysaur unless I needed to, and the Ice Climbers were irrelevant. I already explained why I don't miss Lucas, and Snake was never high on my Smash wants, so seeing him get the axe wasn't even painful.

• I would have taken Ridley as an Assist Trophy in Brawl if it had meant he didn't get degraded into a mere Dyna Blade reskin in Subspace Emissary.
  • I also think that Hazardly is just there because Sakurai didn't want to bother making him playable, and not because it "fits his character"; a playable Ridley would inherently be more accurate to Ridley's character than a boss Ridley simply due to the fact that his attacks would look more brutal and vicious.

• I think that Rosalina was an absolutely pointless addition, and I'm getting sick of her being in everything even remotely Mario-related. Give me Ridley or K.Rool over her, and I'd be pleased.

Manta

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
ZSS doesn't have anywhere near as much skin showing and Snake got an M from the gameplay/content of MGS, nothing to do with his character design, he was more or less an average soldier.
http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...itg=1&ved=0CIoBEMo3&ei=g6YYVaWfHZLXoASUoIDIBg

I couldn't see the ESRB passing this as E10+, especially when a game like FE: PoR gets a T for no reason.
She's showing her back and nothing else, I'm failing to see the issue here

Aren't pretty much all FE games rated T?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Would it be an unpopular opinion for me to say that I think Bayonetta could work well in Smash Bros.? I feel like her appearances in the Wonderful 101 and Anarchy Reigns show that she can be toned down while still staying true to her character.

Manta

Smash Cadet
Aren't pretty much all FE games rated T?
No, it's sequel, FE: RD, had an E10+ rating and it was arguably a more mature game. I'm pretty sure that and FE: A were the only T rated ones. and her design is pretty sexualized compared to Snake and ZSS, reviewers on Bayo 2 were even commenting on it. She could work if her outfit was tones down a bit though.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
No, it's sequel, FE: RD, had an E10+ rating and it was arguably a more mature game. I'm pretty sure that and FE: A were the only T rated ones. and her design is pretty sexualized compared to Snake and ZSS, reviewers on Bayo 2 were even commenting on it. She could work if her outfit was tones down a bit though.
People were also complaining about Zamus' design, I repeat, she's showing her back, there's nothing even vaugely sexual about it

Manta

Smash Cadet
Ummmm..... the amount of her butt showing, and how tight it is around her butt, and some very low back. Zamus' thing was mostly because people hated the heels for some reason. And are you blind NOTHING sexual in any way?? And we aren't supposed to be arguing/disussing any of the opinions in this thread so....

edit: can't upload an image but it clearly shows her butt that isn't covered.

Would it be an unpopular opinion for me to say that I think Bayonetta could work well in Smash Bros.? I feel like her appearances in the Wonderful 101 and Anarchy Reigns show that she can be toned down while still staying true to her character.
not really

Last edited by a moderator:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
i really fail to see how bayonetta's design is any more sexualized than zss.(an atleast with bayonetta it actually fits her character) and even then outfits much more risque then bayonetta's have gone past the radar many times so i really don't see the problem. but anyway, i think we should start to cease this discussion for now before the thread gets too derailed.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Ummmm..... the amount of her butt showing, and how tight it is around her butt, and some very low back. Zamus' thing was mostly because people hated the heels for some reason. And are you blind NOTHING sexual in any way?? And we aren't supposed to be arguing/disussing any of the opinions in this thread so....
What are you talking about? Her butt is completely covered. And the tightness of that area is no more than what Zamus has

Manta

Smash Cadet
No criticizing another poster's opinions (both directly and indirectly). When you come across an opinion you don't agree with either ignore it, address it in another thread, or take it to PMs.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
^I'm sorry, i was not aware a rational and civil debate was such an offensive thing apparently

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No criticizing another poster's opinions (both directly and indirectly). When you come across an opinion you don't agree with either ignore it, address it in another thread, or take it to PMs.
You be sure to follow that too.

^I'm sorry, i was not aware a rational and civil debate was such an offensive thing apparently
It's not offensive, it's just done so that people get a place to state unpopular opinions safely.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I thought the character poll was a horrible idea since it's going to divide users over who to vote for.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
People who actually think voting for Ridley in the ballot could give him a chance at being playable are wasting their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom