• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
I still have no idea what causes it. It's not happening consistently and there shouldn't be anything wrong with the coding.

Unrelated to stuff above, which textures should be used for default color of classic Ridley?
View attachment 105789View attachment 105790
Both are from Brawl (one from boss' files and one from the trophy), so, they both should fit among other characters.
I dunno, same colors from the last model?

IROX568

Smash Cadet
I still have no idea what causes it. It's not happening consistently and there shouldn't be anything wrong with the coding.

Unrelated to stuff above, which textures should be used for default color of classic Ridley?
Both are from Brawl (one from boss' files and one from the trophy), so, they both should fit among other characters.
I like the first one better

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

bottom's more purple and still hold the brawl feel.

use that one

Prologue-9

Smash Rookie
NNID
Grimmdays

I'd say the top one, colors look a lot more natural imo.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration

......There's a difference?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

rds12.jpg

The top one is the best. Also, great work as usual, Bagan.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Definitely the second, the more blueish purple fits him and the lighter wings give a nice contrast to the rest of him

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Top image has purple scales and orange wings. Bottom image has blue-ish scales and yellow wings.

Thanks.

Looks like it's gonna be hard to decide, huh?
No problem, keep up the great work.

And I still think that the top one is better. I mean, he doesn't look bad with the blue-ish coloration, but purple does fit him more, specially to his classic look.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905

I think the first one might look better within the default P:M style; the second feels almost like it's trying to fit in with the WiiU model imports, which would be fine if it was an alt and not the base color.

Ridley1994

Smash Cadet
The first one because the darker coloration looks more threatening to me. Classic Ridley looks magnificent. I look forward to His Completion.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
So how is everyone here doing?

I know it's a little off topic but I haven't been here in so long and would like how everyone been.

Akzomp

Smash Cadet
NNID
AKG_Akzomp
What are the possibilities of this mod being moved over to Smash 4 as well, since Smash 4 modding has very recently been far more established?

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
What are the possibilities of this mod being moved over to Smash 4 as well, since Smash 4 modding has very recently been far more established?
Nanobuds just recently did a Ridley-themed vertex/texture hack of Charizard not so recently

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hey Bagan! A while ago SDoom made a few Ridley animations, would you happen to know what happened to those?
I have no idea. I never got any of them.

Speaking of that, should i still have him listed in credits? He technically didn't do anything more than just giving me something to base those animations on. FAir, UAir, DAir, etc. were made from scratch based on webms he posted.

MerryShadow

Smash Cadet
I have no idea. I never got any of them.

Speaking of that, should i still have him listed in credits? He technically didn't do anything more than just giving me something to base those animations on. FAir, UAir, DAir, etc. were made from scratch based on webms he posted.
It's still his work in a way (intellectual property would be the correct term). He deserve a place in the credit imo, even if he never gave you those animations, he helped the mod get more popular.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It's still his work in a way (intellectual property would be the correct term). He deserve a place in the credit imo, even if he never gave you those animations, he helped the mod get more popular.
True. Those still are his ideas. Still wish i actually got something after all that time.

Some recolors made few months ago:
RSBE01-1.png
RSBE01-2.png

Certainly an improvement over what i had for this mod few years ago. I used someone's (i don't remember who it was, but it should be easy to find) texture mod for the boss from Brawl Vault as a base for recolors, so, it's not 100% my work. There is only one recolor that has nothing to do with Ridley in Metroid (white+pink color), but i didn't have anything in mind that could be done at that time. I thought of making Meta Ridley recolor like with modern Ridley, but Brawl Ridley's wing membranes are not separated like Other M Ridley's.
Other than that, i found a way to record videos with no lag. Y'know, 640x480 (it takes too much space to have it be bigger) and 60fps. This means that even 4 players on Pyrosphere mod should still be fine. Unfortunately, audio is not recorded this way. I'm trying to fix that problem and i think i know how to fix it (record the match 2nd time with all models reduced to bones and lowest resolution possible).

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
That Ridley is so beautiful. Looking at it brings me joy.

I have been blessed.

He looks really good, I def wanna see him in action (hopefully soon).

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That Ridley is so beautiful. Looking at it brings me joy.

I have been blessed.

He looks really good, I def wanna see him in action (hopefully soon).
Oh, you will see him soon. Very soon. How soon depends on how big video will end up and how many times i will mess up.

Also, i'd recommend watching this video for now to see how far this mod went:
Thank god Brawl's limitations forced me to cancel that version...

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So, all 13 matches have been recorded and they run at 60fps. However, they lack any sounds and i have no way to record it without audio desynching terribly. Even when all models and textures are disabled, it still happens. Another problem is that i can't get the proper trailer...um...rendered...whatever without it being over 1GB because of its high quality, but i don't want to reduce it because things happen too quickly in the video and it won't look good with something like 30fps. I'll certainly need someone else to record it. There is one other solution to this and it's just recording a normal match on a simple stage, but that's boring and i mess up too much.

IROX568

Smash Cadet
So, all 13 matches have been recorded and they run at 60fps. However, they lack any sounds and i have no way to record it without audio desynching terribly. Even when all models and textures are disabled, it still happens. Another problem is that i can't get the proper trailer...um...rendered...whatever without it being over 1GB because of its high quality, but i don't want to reduce it because things happen too quickly in the video and it won't look good with something like 30fps. I'll certainly need someone else to record it. There is one other solution to this and it's just recording a normal match on a simple stage, but that's boring and i mess up too much.
Maybe you can post them in gifs for the time being until all the technical stuff is cleared up

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
That would be great! Do you use Dolphin or Wii? I still have the replays, but i'm not sure if they will be showing correctly on Wii or different versions of Dolphin (at least one replay desyncs in 3.0-XXX).
I use Dolphin for recording, they should show up fine on the Netplay build at the very least if you have the entire build you were using. PM me if you want to discuss more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom