• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Welp, its done. Now im uploading the files. Its going to take a while though. BUT if something will need to be fixed, i'll quickly interrupt it. It will be uploading for nearly a hour.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
His side special is so support to drag people along the ground right because he doesn't grab people when using the move.

Also his Meta Ridley alt. Has his bottom talt of his tail white has well has his head.

invisibleman

Smash Apprentice
ummm...... His side b move dosent work. it just goes through oppnenants. I tried this on training mode and normal smash. It has no effect whatsoever.

MerryShadow

Smash Cadet
His side special is so support to drag people along the ground right because he doesn't grab people when using the move.
ummm...... His side b move dosent work. it just goes through oppnenants. I tried this on training mode and normal smash. It has no effect whatsoever.
This is normal, the pack is missing a .rel file necessary for sideB to work. Bagan has been informed of this, so it will be fixed soon.

Edit: Here's a fix in the meantime, just put it in projectm/pf/module: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dyfufpjqsgl5hib/ft_pit.rel?dl=0
Edit: Replace the ft_pit.rel already in module with the fix.

Last edited:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably wait until it gets fixed, but I haven't downloaded any updated versions of Ridley since 1.0, so this will be a treat. Thanks again Bagan and everyone else who helped out. :)

Wolley2xjd

It isn't? how long ago did you download the fix? 'cause i dun goofed and it was the wrong one for like 5 minutes. If you downloaded it before i edited my post, it's not gonna work for sure.
I'll try it again.

Edit.

Nope still doesn't work.

Last edited:

MerryShadow

Smash Cadet
I assume you put the file correctly in module, in which case i don't know what's causing the problem. The same thing happened during development, and the .rel fixed it, so i guess you'll have to wait for Bagan to update the download with a fixed version. Sorry about that.

Wolley2xjd

I assume you put the file correctly in module, in which case i don't know what's causing the problem. The same thing happened during development, and the .rel fixed it, so i guess you'll have to wait for Bagan to update the download with a fixed version. Sorry about that.
Do I have to delete the other ft-pit file?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Also his Meta Ridley alt. Has his bottom talt of his tail white has well has his head.
F***. I kept forgetting about it when i was sending files to beta testers and now i forgot to include it for the pack. Will fix it.

Now this is something new. It wasn't reported by others yet.

The Peacekeeper

Smash Cadet
Ridley 2.0 is looking great and really fun. Finding it harder to kill things than the previous update but that's good, means it's more balanced though the ground Down b feels a bit off animation-wise.
However is it me or do the CSPs and other icons seem a bit....Big? (ridleyis2big4smeshhahalololol), no really it seems a bit too large, like ridley's face takes up the whole select portrait.
Then again maybe it's just me. Either way, Bloody Awesome and keep up the good work mate!

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ridley 2.0 is looking great and really fun. Finding it harder to kill things than the previous update but that's good, means it's more balanced though the ground Down b feels a bit off animation-wise.
However is it me or do the CSPs and other icons seem a bit....Big? (ridleyis2big4smeshhahalololol), no really it seems a bit too large, like ridley's face takes up the whole select portrait. (an easy fix but the CSP seems a bit off)
Then again maybe it's just me. Either way, Bloody Awesome and keep up the good work mate!
Perhaps its the rushing part of the animation? I tried to replicate Metroid Prime animation, but its hard to do when you rarely see him from the side while he is doing it.
Im not sure about this.
Thanks.
OK, By the way I want to ask you what would be the scale of Little Birdie and Adolescent Ridley if there final form was Baganley's size?
Little Birdie would probably be as big as a turkey and Adolescent Ridley would be as big as an average human if he would have his legs...er...standing...posed...whatever straight.

Wolley2xjd

Perhaps its the rushing part of the animation? I tried to replicate Metroid Prime animation, but its hard to do when you rarely see him from the side while he is doing it.
Im not sure about this.
Thanks.

Little Birdie would probably be as big as a turkey and Adolescent Ridley would be as big as an average human if he would have his legs...er...standing...posed...whatever straight.
OK I think I should had worded it better, what I mean was what would be their size if Baganley's was the final form, I meant it like what would be their sizes before they turned in to Baganley?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
OK I think I should had worded it better, what I mean was what would be their size if Baganley's was the final form, I meant it like what would be their sizes before they turned in to Baganley?
Thats what i was talking about. Their canonical/true sizes are different:

A. Ridley is HUGE. Its hard to tell during the cutscenes, but becomes more obvious when you Sense Move during the fight.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Thats what i was talking about. Their canonical/true sizes are different:

A. Ridley is HUGE. Its hard to tell during the cutscenes, but becomes more obvious when you Sense Move during the fight.
OK Let's try this AGAIN.

What would be Their size be if your version of Ridley's size in project m was the canon size, how much smaller would they be?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
OK Let's try this AGAIN.

What would be Their size be if your version of Ridley's size in project m was the canon size, how much smaller would they be?
I already answered:
You were the one who misunderstood.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Let's say if Little Birdie turned into M.C then turned into Baganley who is the same size has he is in your mod what would their sizes be?
We're getting off-topic and i already answered this. As big as a turkey for LB and as big as a human with MC. Do you understand it now?

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

We're getting off-topic and i already answered this. As big as a turkey for LB and as big as a human with MC. Do you understand it now?
Yeah but if MC is about as big has a human shouldn't Baganley be biggger? Or is MC not that small compared to Baganley?

And to get more on topic you said that at one point you plan to give him hover/folt, now is that still going to be a thing?

Superfiremario

Smash Apprentice
So I have a question. I've been using this Ridley mod for a while and I really enjoy it but I was wondering, is it possible to have both Ridley and Pit? I'm really starting to miss playing as Pit. By this, I mean replace another character? I would probably want to get rid of someone like Olimar.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
So I have a question. I've been using this Ridley mod for a while and I really enjoy it but I was wondering, is it possible to have both Ridley and Pit? I'm really starting to miss playing as Pit. By this, I mean replace another character? I would probably want to get rid of someone like Olimar.
There's a BrawlEX port, but that's outdated by this point. I may look into porting the .rel at some point, but right now Pit is the most stable choice. Bagan's tried to do a Lucario port before, but that messed up the animations and so was scrapped.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yeah but if MC is about as big has a human shouldn't Baganley be biggger? Or is MC not that small compared to Baganley?

And to get more on topic you said that at one point you plan to give him hover/folt, now is that still going to be a thing?
Baganley is a lot bigger than average human, so, its fine.

Nah, he is fine as he is.

So, so far only Meta Ridley recolor and Kirby hat have any real issues. F***.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Oh d-air spam, how I'll miss thee (yeah, I know. Was a needed sacrifice for balancing reasons). Although unintentional, I do kinda like how half of the tail appears white on the Meta Ridley alt, ignoring how it makes him look too bright as a whole in addition to the white head, etc.

Am glad you managed to get everything done where it counted most this early in the week, though. Really enjoying the changes so far.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Oh d-air spam, how I'll miss thee (yeah, I know. Was a needed sacrifice for balancing reasons). Although unintentional, I do kinda like how half of the tail appears white on the Meta Ridley alt, ignoring how it makes him look too bright as a whole in addition to the white head, etc.

Am glad you managed to get everything done where it counted most this early in the week, though. Really enjoying the changes so far.
Glad to hear that and not sure i can understand why you'd like something like this.

For next small update, i have something planned and this time, it won't fail:

Im kinda tired of current claw swipe trails and they don't fit SSB much. So, i decided to modify the claw swipe trail GFX so it would have more fitting motion for Ridley's claw swipes. I'll have more than one of those so they would fit certain animations. So, around 6-7 will be required. They are rather small in size, so, its possible to import them all.

latinking

Smash Apprentice
Got my hands on the latest update.

VERY satisfying to play! Need to get used to his new aerial movements. Only complaint is that the tailblade is too white, giving the impression that its texture-less or something along those lines.

I encountered a glitch while playing alone. If I try to exit a match by pausing and entering the button combination, the game freezes. Anyone else encountered any glitches?

Overall, what a fresh and fantastic Ridley you've created BaganSmashBros. Other than alternate colors and costumes, do you think you're pretty much done with him?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Got my hands on the latest update.

VERY satisfying to play! Need to get used to his new aerial movements. Only complaint is that the tailblade is too white, giving the impression that its texture-less or something along those lines.

I encountered a glitch while playing alone. If I try to exit a match by pausing and entering the button combination, the game freezes. Anyone else encountered any glitches?

Overall, what a fresh and fantastic Ridley you've created BaganSmashBros. Other than alternate colors and costumes, do you think you're pretty much done with him?
Well, not sure how to fix that without being inconsistent with his teeth and claws. Other M model certainly has no such issue. Its not released yet, but still.

Weird. I didn't encountered this glitch at all.

Thanks and not yet. Animations, bug fixing and balancing are not done yet. Oh, and thrown animations fix is also not done yet. Ooh boy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom