• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Speaking of the limit, how close do you think you are to reaching it now? And yeah you were right, the animation for that twisted flip thingy is called "DamageFlyTop" its there it just doesn't look how it normally would for the other characters, I assume its being changed to be less stiff as it was in 2.1.
Im not sure, but i guess pretty close. And DamageFlyTop looks like this because i couldn't get rotation values right. Better than what was before at least.
Oh and Ridley 2.2 is so Broken you wouldn't believe..
And thats because..?

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
What I mean is it can kill at 0% If you can lure the opponent to the Ledge and use it.
  1. Meteor Cancelling can prevent it from KOing that early unless bottom blast zone is too low.
  2. You can bait it and get Ridley killed easily since its easy to dodge (spot dodging and rolling work very well) and even easier to punish.
  3. Projectiles.

MerryShadow

Smash Cadet
What I mean is it can kill at 0% If you can lure the opponent to the Ledge and use it.
By that logic, any move that can kill at low-ish percents (spikes, ganon's sideB, shine, for starters) are broken since all you need is to lure your opponent in a bad position. Actually, if your opponent gets lured over to the ledge when he knows the risk to die at low percents, it's his fault, not necessarily the move being broken. Now, shine was nerfed to avoid low percent kills, but that's taking fox neutral into consideration. Ridley doesn't have a neutral as good as fox's.

Last edited:

NXero

Smash Apprentice
I was waiting for THAT post to be made. I've been telling Bagan to tweak it for a long time, but he doesn't wanna do it, which kinda sucks because that's the only move that's obviously out of line with the rest of PM (A "meteor smash" that can kill an opponent who's standing on the ground at 0%). It's basically an all or nothing move, except Ridley can't be killed at 0% if he fails, so the pluses outweight the minuses.

By the way, meteor cancelling helps most characters, but some have a harder time to get back or can't do it at all like DK.

Maybe if a lot of people tell him to do it he can change it slightly, but aparently no one else is bothered by it.

Just work on your reflexes, yo! What can't hit you can't kill you!

MerryShadow

Smash Cadet
I was waiting for THAT post to be made. I've been telling Bagan to tweak it for a long time, but he doesn't wanna do it, which kinda sucks because that's the only move that's obviously out of line with the rest of PM (A "meteor smash" that can kill an opponent who's standing on the ground at 0%). It's basically an all or nothing move, except Ridley can't be killed at 0% if he fails, so the pluses outweight the minuses.

By the way, meteor cancelling helps most characters, but some have a harder time to get back or can't do it at all like DK.

Maybe if a lot of people tell him to do it he can change it slightly, but aparently no one else is bothered by it.

Just work on your reflexes, yo! What can't hit you can't kill you!
Despite what i said above, i agree that it is hard to recover by meteor canceling sideB. I haven't checked properly yet, but i believe it's the release point of the throw being lower than the old sideB (the fireball one) which makes it near unrecoverable for certain characters (looking at you, DK). It needs testing, but maybe a lower base knockback with an higher KBgrowth would make it so it can't kill at low percents but it's stil as deadly otherwise.
Still, if you play around it, same way people learned to play around shine spikes in melee, it isn't that broken, it's more like, "medium risk/high reward" with the need for the opponent to be where you want them (and they should not be there anyway).

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
"His attacks are HUGE.... [T]his would be horrible on Wario Land, Green Hill Zone, Yoshi's Story, etc. He may be light but his hitboxes are everywhere and he's ungimpable."

Anyone got a counter to this? From what I've seen of this mod I am not understanding how he's "ungimpable" and big hitboxes mean little in terms of imbalance if they're as slow as they are now

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
"His attacks are HUGE.... [T]his would be horrible on Wario Land, Green Hill Zone, Yoshi's Story, etc. He may be light but his hitboxes are everywhere and he's ungimpable."

Anyone got a counter to this? From what I've seen of this mod I am not understanding how he's "ungimpable" and big hitboxes mean little in terms of imbalance if they're as slow as they are now
The first page shows you hit boxes for all of his attacks, plus projectiles can **** him over.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

His hitboxes aren't that big and they disappear after like 3 frames on most attacks. He is certainly "gimpable" even if its hard to do (strong meteor smashes like Ganondorf's DAir and Mario's cape are very good for that), but you might not need it if you're Samus (Charge Shot kills at 70%) or Jigglypuff (Rest usually kills at 10-20%).
Thats all i can say as someone who has no one to really test it with that knows about all of the AT stuff.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It's been a few days since anyone has said anything, I hope all is going well for the mod.
The problem is that im kinda tired of working on Ridley. I've been doing it for more than a year. I like this guy, but anything can get old. It has nothing to do with issues like glitches and stuff.
Besides, other characters need some love as well (like K.Rool, who is probably going to be ignored in Smash again).

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
The problem is that im kinda tired of working on Ridley. I've been doing it for more than a year. I like this guy, but anything can get old. It has nothing to do with issues like glitches and stuff.
Besides, other characters need some love as well (like K.Rool, who is probably going to be ignored in Smash again).
Hey thanks for the hard work. Don't burn yourself out. Come back when you have time and motivation. Don't make it feel like a job

IROX568

Smash Cadet
Are you ever going to clone Pit's roster space so Ridley doesn't replace him?

Or is that not possible yet?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Not with Project M. It would be possible in Brawl with BrawlEx, but that thing is either not compatible with PM or its unstable (don't remember which one).

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
BrawlEX is unstable with PM
Not for long ;)

It's possible, but believe me when I say it's not worth the trouble of doing it PM's way. Either go HERE or wait until Sirkura and I tie up some loose ends with BrawlEX.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
So, with your decreasing interest in further improving this mod, and the addition of new mods, how long do you predict it will take to finish v2.2?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So, with your decreasing interest in further improving this mod, and the addition of new mods, how long do you predict it will take to finish v2.2?
Its not that i have less interest in improving it. Im just kinda tired of working with Ridley (i was working on him for more than a year). But i guess it will take 5-6 months if things will go without much problems.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Guys, know that we're absolutely not quitting on Ridley, it's just that everyone's gotten somewhat tired of working on the same character for so long; we're expanding our horizons so that we can be more free to do what comes to us. It's an artistic thing, essentially; working on other characters will let us recharge our drive for working on Ridley later on. That, and school is also eating part of the team's free time, so it's harder to squeeze working on mods into the daily schedule.

Personally, I'd expect us to start working on Rids again maybe 4-5 months from now, at least. At worst, he'll be getting worked on when summer vacation comes, for sure.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Guys, know that we're absolutely not quitting on Ridley, it's just that everyone's gotten somewhat tired of working on the same character for so long; we're expanding our horizons so that we can be more free to do what comes to us. It's an artistic thing, essentially; working on other characters will let us recharge our drive for working on Ridley later on. That, and school is also eating part of the team's free time, so it's harder to squeeze working on mods into the daily schedule.

Personally, I'd expect us to start working on Rids again maybe 4-5 months from now, at least. At worst, he'll be getting worked on when summer vacation comes, for sure.
This and im sure we'll have something fancy when we'll come back. So, lets just say that i already rigged a model and people prefer Ridley's classic design. And i have access to most of Ridley's models.

Last edited:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
This and im sure we'll have something fancy when we'll come back. So, lets just say that i already rigged a model and people prefer Ridley's classic design. And i have access to most of Ridley's models.
I'm crying tears of joy at the very moment I type this reply.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
So um, I've been having troubles with the Ridley mod. I tried redownloading it because for some reason the mod made Pm 3.6 revert to beta, and now the mod is still in beta, and now Ridley isn't next to ZSS on the CSS, and has the Kid Icarus emblem. Anyone know the issue?

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
So um, I've been having troubles with the Ridley mod. I tried redownloading it because for some reason the mod made Pm 3.6 revert to beta, and now the mod is still in beta, and now Ridley isn't next to ZSS on the CSS, and has the Kid Icarus emblem. Anyone know the issue?
Its because the codes haven't been updated to 3.6 Full.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
You have to put the codes separately in the Code file, RSBE01.gct
Did you mean to take the RSBE01.gct in the Ridley codes file and put it in the PM codes file? Because I did that and while Ridley is in the right spot on the CSS, PM 3.6 is still in Beta. Did I mess up? (Sorry if I'm being a nuisance btw.)

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Did you mean to take the RSBE01.gct in the Ridley codes file and put it in the PM codes file? Because I did that and while Ridley is in the right spot on the CSS, PM 3.6 is still in Beta. Did I mess up? (Sorry if I'm being a nuisance btw.)
I would explain but, I can't right now

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I kinda want to use this old version of Ridley (http://youtu.be/VpOJqNHIkYM) or at least the first Release. I don't know why but I want to..
Because its so OP? And i have files for first Release. All releases still exist. I just need to dig them out of my dropbox profile.
No, thats what revers it to Beta. You must take codes from the text file near readme and put them into PM 3.6 full's RSBE01.gct file. I do this with BrawlBox.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Because its so OP? And i have files for first Release. All releases still exist. I just need to dig them out of my dropbox profile.

No, thats what revers it to Beta. You must take codes from the text file near readme and put them into PM 3.6 full's RSBE01.gct file. I do this with BrawlBox.
Yep, The one in the Video looks pretty OP, I want to use it but, I know it doesn't exist right??

Top Bottom