• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Your stage is very good! I can't wait to play it when it's finish with a Ridley VS Samus in it. Also it will be cool if this stage is used in Machinima in the futur.
Thanks.

Good news - at least one of the versions of this stage (most likely one without Space Pirates) is lagless. Now need to know about the other one.

latinking

Smash Apprentice
have you thought of ridleys new down b yet or are you still stuck.
Didn't he mention that his original Down B (fire pillar) was the one that was replaced with his current one (Meta Ridley tackle)?

The only problem i find with his current Down B is that sometimes, it hits twice during 1 dash. Not sure what are the conditions that makes the move do that, but when it does, i find it too powerful :p

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Didn't he mention that his original Down B (fire pillar) was the one that was replaced with his current one (Meta Ridley tackle)?

The only problem i find with his current Down B is that sometimes, it hits twice during 1 dash. Not sure what are the conditions that makes the move do that, but when it does, i find it too powerful :p
Reflective skin thing was the original Down B.

It should hit twice. First hit is here to make sure he won't just go through small opponents when he is clearly touching them. It doesn't adds much to the knockback or damage. Happens during transition between leaning back and the dash itself.

Good news. I found a pretty useful addition to version 0.76 of BrawlBox. It allows the user to change any bone's bone ID to the highest one so it would be in the end. So, i can add 300 bones to Ridley and he will remain compatible with the mod without any changes required. Im not sure how to use this right now though. Maybe i can turn a mockup into real thing this way or something.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hey @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros I always wondered, what do they say in Ridley's character chant? (Ex: In Roy's they say "Roy's our Boy" "Roy's our Boy")
They (Space Pirates) say: "*something on weird alien language followed by a roar*". This was taken from Metroid Prime. In that game, Space Pirates can talk, but they don't use English. Omega Pirate seems to be using it once or twice, but mostly uses this weird language. Ridley still keeps roaring though. There is no translation available for anything they say, but some of the words are used in all MP games. And i bet some of those are insults.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
They (Space Pirates) say: "*something on weird alien language followed by a roar*". This was taken from Metroid Prime. In that game, Space Pirates can talk, but they don't use English. Omega Pirate seems to be using it once or twice, but mostly uses this weird language. Ridley still keeps roaring though. There is no translation available for anything they say, but some of the words are used in all MP games. And i bet some of those are insults.
Thanks

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Reflective skin thing was the original Down B.

It should hit twice. First hit is here to make sure he won't just go through small opponents when he is clearly touching them. It doesn't adds much to the knockback or damage. Happens during transition between leaning back and the dash itself.

Good news. I found a pretty useful addition to version 0.76 of BrawlBox. It allows the user to change any bone's bone ID to the highest one so it would be in the end. So, i can add 300 bones to Ridley and he will remain compatible with the mod without any changes required. Im not sure how to use this right now though. Maybe i can turn a mockup into real thing this way or something.
Would this fix the grab issue?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
His animation when grabbed haha.
Oh, this thing. No, it won't be fixed this way. It requires more than that to be done. And it will take so much time that im not even sure i'll be able to ever do it, especially when animations keep getting updated or replaced. For example, jab and firebreath victory animations are getting replaced in the next small update, with former one even working differently.

Good news - neither version of the stage lags. Finally.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Sounds like a pain. I don't envy you haha.
I don't think anyone does.

I decided to include 4 BRSTMs in the pack (Inferno from Metroid Cinematica, Dragonfood by OC Remixes, 8-bit remix of Super Metroid Ridley theme by Synthescissor just because and...something else...forgot its name...but its something Orchestral) for the stage just in case someone will want to use those without having to search for things on Brawl Custom Music. All of them were converted by The Mushroom Hero from KC-MM and loop properly. You will have to know how to install those though. And everything else as well. Its not going to be simple like Ridley mod.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Here it is:

Click on the icon to download. Will add to the OP.

Hm...you know, since Dark Samus PSA is now dead, how about making my own? Or classic Ridley should get priority (he will be made either way, but if i'll try to handle DS, then he will be made after it)? Vote here:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll363419x3A0C4967-14
One of the main advantages of DS in this case is that i will have a lot less bones to animate (which also means lower file size), it hovers (which means i won't have to spend hours trying to make sure feet don't slide), i can use Samus' misc and get hit animations and it won't get f***ed up when thrown. I'll have to spend some time for research on DS though. But i know that it should be hovering most of the time and that it shouldn't be overpowered.

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Here it is:

Click on the icon to download. Will add to the OP.

Hm...you know, since Dark Samus PSA is now dead, how about making my own? Or classic Ridley should get priority (he will be made either way, but if i'll try to handle DS, then he will be made after it)? Vote here:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll363419x3A0C4967-14
One of the main advantages of DS in this case is that i will have a lot less bones to animate (which also means lower file size), it hovers (which means i won't have to spend hours trying to make sure feet don't slide), i can use Samus' misc and get hit animations and it won't get f***ed up when thrown. I'll have to spend some time for research on DS though. But i know that it should be hovering most of the time and that it shouldn't be overpowered.
I feel like you should definitely focus on a completely new character and not take all your time on Ridley. Also, THE STAGE IS AMAZING YYYAAAAYYY!!!!!!

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I really don't want you to get too "Ridley-d" out so Dark Samus it is...
Say, wasn't this what you're hinting at when we asked about King K. Rool (another of the "Big 3")?
Thanks and not spend all of my time on Ridley?! This is blasphemy...THIS IS MADNESS!
THIS... IS... AN OVER USED MEME!!!!!!!!!
*Que Sparta remix*

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I really don't want you to get too "Ridley-d" out so Dark Samus it is...
Say, wasn't this what you're hinting at when we asked about King K. Rool (another of the "Big 3")?

THIS... IS... AN OVER USED MEME!!!!!!!!!
*Que Sparta remix*
Im not gonna say anything other than that its not by me and that its great.

*cue MLG airhorns*
This is... Norfair?

Do you have any ideas for Dark Samus' moveset?
...er...not really. Haven't done research for now. But nothing too flashy.

WIP standing animation for DS:

Still not finished though. Doesn't looks right to me in its current state. Im not used to animating humans or those that look like humans, so...I need to take a closer look at its standing animation. If only i could view its animations from MP2 and MP3. Model is not final and its not even mine. Don't expect development of this thing to be too active like with Ridley.

Also, i had to remove jumping part of Space Pirate on the pillar's animation. It looked f***ed up and i couldn't do anything about it.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I voted for Super Metroid Ridley, but even still I'm very happy you're picking up Dark Samus. It'll be interesting seeing your work with a more humanoid character.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
I voted for Super Metroid Ridley, but even still I'm very happy you're picking up Dark Samus. It'll be interesting seeing your work with a more humanoid character.
same here

also, love to see characters like Weavel or Sylux to be worked on next as well too.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
also, love to see characters like Weavel or Sylux to be worked on next as well too.
Now those two are out of question and so are any other Metroid character i haven't considered yet.

Oh, and poll closes after 3 days. Why 3 days? Don't know. But there totally is no moon with angry face falling towards the Earth.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Now those two are out of question and so are any other Metroid character i haven't considered yet.

Oh, and poll closes after 3 days. Why 3 days? Don't know. But there totally is no moon with angry face falling towards the Earth.
Have you considered who Dark Samus is going to be over? If not I'd consider looking at some of the Dark Samus models on the Vault. They could be used as alt costumes once ported over who ever you choose.

Also have you ever heard of Crony's Dark Samus PSA on the vault as well?

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Have you considered who Dark Samus is going to be over? If not I'd consider looking at some of the Dark Samus models on the Vault. They could be used as alt costumes once ported over who ever you choose.

Also have you ever heard of Crony's Dark Samus PSA on the vault as well?
Im not sure, but its not Samus or Pit. Probably Lucario or something. If it will be shaking just like Ridley did, then i'll search for someone else. ROB and Toon Link could probably fit as well.
No need to do it. I have all of those that can be used.

Yes. To be honest, it sucks. For a PSA, yeah, its fine, but its below my standard. I doubt i'll use it for anything in my version.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Guys...it might actually happen:

NO RIGGING. AT ALL. Just the magic of BrawlBox v0.76. Fully compatible with the mod with no changes required. The only problem is that it will need lots of optimizing. And since i don't have to rig anything, i can use Brawl Meta Ridley's wings safely. Or even everything from him that isn't organic.

EDIT: fixed the image.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Guys...it might actually happen:

NO RIGGING. AT ALL. Just the magic of BrawlBox v0.76. Fully compatible with the mod with no changes required. The only problem is that it will need lots of optimizing. And since i don't have to rig anything, i can use Brawl Meta Ridley's wings safely. Or even everything from him that isn't organic.

EDIT: fixed the image.
Oh wow

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
More progress:

Stil need to add that metalic shine to the cybernetic stuff. I doubt i'll use a helmet this time, but who knows. What im sure about is that i'll TRY to use Brawl/MP Meta Ridley's neck. Will probably (depends on how he will look like once im done with him) add some fancy glowing lines like those on unused Other M Gravity Suit (which looks 100% better than what we had in final version). And i failed to use Brawl/MP Meta Ridley's wings because Other M Ridley's wings are rigged in completly different way.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
More progress:

Stil need to add that metalic shine to the cybernetic stuff. I doubt i'll use a helmet this time, but who knows. What im sure about is that i'll TRY to use Brawl/MP Meta Ridley's neck. Will probably (depends on how he will look like once im done with him) add some fancy glowing lines like those on unused Other M Gravity Suit (which looks 100% better than what we had in final version). And i failed to use Brawl/MP Meta Ridley's wings because Other M Ridley's wings are rigged in completly different way.
... This looks awesome! Keep up the good work.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I would really like if you put on a helmet or something, since right now it looks like a differently colored Ridley in body armor (albeit while looking really cool). With something to make it look more robotic it'd look complete.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
More progress:

This is awesome! Also i would so love if you do a Dark Samus PSA after or with Ridley, DS was always a character that i wanted to see playable in Smash and since the other project is dead. I would really like to see how you will make Dark Samus in game! :)

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
If you did Dark Samus I'd probably cry. :'-)
If over ROB I'd be ecstatic.

Holy crap look at that gorgeous metal dragon. This is too much good news I need to find my medication! :-D

MerryShadow

Smash Cadet
Damn that stage looks good! Good job Bagan!
I can't download it right now (bad internet connection) but i'll try it out asap once im back home this week-end.

Also i support you working on dark samus, considering how beautiful your work on ridley is, i woudn't want anyone else working on it.

DAT META RIDLEY :D

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I can't download it right now (bad internet connection) but i'll try it out asap once im back home this week-end.

Also i support you working on dark samus, considering how beautiful your work on ridley is, i woudn't want anyone else working on it.

I remember asking him to do this when I first joined here for the exact same reasoning. Kinda funny haha.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Beautifu -WAIT - WHAT?!!
Whasssiz wheressiz whazza unused Gravity Suit?!
Thanks and this is the unused Gravity Suit:
Looks a lot better, but still not purple. Its not much different from Varia and Power Suit. The only difference is that all of those grey and black lines now are green and they glow.
... This looks awesome! Keep up the good work.
Thanks.
I would really like if you put on a helmet or something, since right now it looks like a differently colored Ridley in body armor (albeit while looking really cool). With something to make it look more robotic it'd look complete.
Don't worry. I've got it covered...thats how they say it? Anyway, his head won't be naked. As seen below.
This is awesome! Also i would so love if you do a Dark Samus PSA after or with Ridley, DS was always a character that i wanted to see playable in Smash and since the other project is dead. I would really like to see how you will make Dark Samus in game! :)
Thanks and im interested in how everything wll turn out too.
If you did Dark Samus I'd probably cry. :'-)
If over ROB I'd be ecstatic.

Holy crap look at that gorgeous metal dragon. This is too much good news I need to find my medication! :-D
Thanks and we are not responsible for any casualties.
Bagan, Will you still release a Super metroid ridley alt?
Until someone will rig it, no. While this trick i found out can let me attach parts without rigging them, it works properly only on parts that don't warp when bent. This is why i left his normal wings instead of replacing them with Meta Ridley's.

Thanks.

Well, Meta Ridley is pretty much finished. Here are in-game screenshots:

As you can see, he still lacks metallic shine. While his tail, neck and head thingie can use it properly, other parts are acting...weird...

I'll try to fix this though. And, once again, NO RIGGING INVOLVED. And its still working properly. All thanks to BrawlBox 0.76. Still, this model needs to be optimized just in case. Its not causing any extra lag on Dolphin when he is the only Ridley, but i haven't tested with 2 or 3 Ridleys. He will certianly (slightly) lag the game with 4 Ridleys, but default model does it too. But there never will be 4 Meta Ridleys since i plan on having him as a single alt model.

Top Bottom