• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Oh, thats why i couldn't find their SFX...Smart move.
...thats how its called?
It's genius that they did do it, I only recall about a couple other people uploading sound packs for characters in-case they had a BrawlEx clone over them. (like the one for mario, luigi, Doc, and "Maria" {<female mario apparently}) on the Vault. This could fix the SFX and GFX problem for the Brawl Ex port...

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It's genius that they did do it, I only recall about a couple other people uploading sound packs for characters in-case they had a BrawlEx clone over them. (like the one for mario, luigi, Doc, and "Maria" {<female mario apparently}) on the Vault. This could fix the SFX and GFX problem for the Brawl Ex port...
Well, you will still have limited space with both SFX and GFX, so, better not go too far with those.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Is it possible to edit the codeset such that Ridley will be placed next to Samus/ZSS, and reconfigure the CSS somehow? Of course, that would take some planning as for who goes where (not sure how I would configure it myself) but Ridley really ought to be with his series.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Is it possible to edit the codeset such that Ridley will be placed next to Samus/ZSS, and reconfigure the CSS somehow? Of course, that would take some planning as for who goes where (not sure how I would configure it myself) but Ridley really ought to be with his series.
You could use the CSS organizer by Lakora IRC. You now can just open the sel_character_en.pac in the menu2 folder without having to extract it from the common5.pac in 3.6+

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I tested the new Ridley. Pretty fun as always but there is just two move that need some fix' in my opinion:

-Is jab: Like before, Ridley jab can't connect properly most of the time, leading me punish from trying use it. It's kind bad for me since i use always jab for alot character for quick attack and that i can't with Ridley.

-Is Up-tilt : This move is like too slow for being landed in against alot of character without need hard read or being punish for use it. Most the time for me at least, i get hit before even the move begin to attack. This move need to be more fast or to have better hitbox.

Other than that. Ridley is really great! I'm still working on him for see all of is attack wok but for now he is really fun! Good job! :)

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Maybe its just 3.6. There have been reports of random crashes that couldn't be replicated from testers and random crashes with no Ridley in the match.
well i did have another crash just randomly when i chose snake and went to the stage select screen. it wasn't even a hard crash. it still had the music on. i mean, it is a beta after all.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yes and it already should be like this with the RSBE01.gct included. This should swap Samus and ZSS' positions with Ness and Lucas' so they would be with Ridley.
I tested the new Ridley. Pretty fun as always but there is just two move that need some fix' in my opinion:

-Is jab: Like before, Ridley jab can't connect properly most of the time, leading me punish from trying use it. It's kind bad for me since i use always jab for alot character for quick attack and that i can't with Ridley.

-Is Up-tilt : This move is like too slow for being landed in against alot of character without need hard read or being punish for use it. Most the time for me at least, i get hit before even the move begin to attack. This move need to be more fast or to have better hitbox.

Other than that. Ridley is really great! I'm still working on him for see all of is attack wok but for now he is really fun! Good job! :)
-Not sure what to do about the jab. What exactly do you mean by that? Is it slow enough for opponent to regain control and do something? Does it simply fails to go into 2nd/3rd part? If latter one, then i can't do anything about it - the coding for jab is messed up badly. I still haven't learned how to properly code it.

-It covers him from all sides though (even behind him). I think its fine. I wouldn't recommend just using it on its own unless opponent is above Ridley or just recently was knocked down.

And thanks.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
You could use the CSS organizer by Lakora IRC. You now can just open the sel_character_en.pac in the menu2 folder without having to extract it from the common5.pac in 3.6+
Huh. I didn't know he did something like that, thanks.
Yes and it already should be like this with the RSBE01.gct included. This should swap Samus and ZSS' positions with Ness and Lucas' so they would be with Ridley.
Awesome! I haven't had a chance to try it yet. That works out perfectly.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

-Not sure what to do about the jab. What exactly do you mean by that? Is it slow enough for opponent to regain control and do something? Does it simply fails to go into 2nd/3rd part? If latter one, then i can't do anything about it - the coding for jab is messed up badly. I still haven't learned how to properly code it.

-It covers him from all sides though (even behind him). I think its fine. I wouldn't recommend just using it on its own unless opponent is above Ridley or just recently was knocked down.

And thanks.
Well for the jab : the first hit doesn't connect sometime with the second hit or push the opponent too far. In the first case you get punish homever. Also, when your too close of a opponent, your just miss and get also punish because Ridley moving and his seem that is hitbox are too small for atleast stop the opponent when Jabing, which take time to stop, even if your only do press a one. Your unsafe on alot of move.

For the Up-tilt:You really need a hard read homever. Really, in the game that i do. I never succes to connect Up-tilt except when the CPU just do nothing like Kirby. And for me, this a read that is too difficult for being even worth it even tough he push the opponent in the air. The think that you want to be with Ridley. But there is other move much that are much safer and strong that do this job already.

Of course this my opinion, i'm not a pro or something, but i hope it help you!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well for the jab : the first hit doesn't connect sometime with the second hit or push the opponent too far. In the first case you get punish homever. Also, when your too close of a opponent, your just miss and get also punish because Ridley moving and his seem that is hitbox are too small for atleast stop the opponent when Jabing, which take time to stop, even if your only do press a one. Your unsafe on alot of move.

For the Up-tilt:You really need a hard read homever. Really, in the game that i do. I never succes to connect Up-tilt except when the CPU just do nothing like Kirby. And for me, this a read that is too difficult for being even worth it even tough he push the opponent in the air. The think that you want to be with Ridley. But there is other move much that are much safer and strong that do this job already.

Of course this my opinion, i'm not a pro or something, but i hope it help you!
So, its both? If so, i can only reduce knockback on first two jabs. But i shouldn't increase size of the hitboxes - they already are bigger than his arm he uses for the attack.

Wait, you're testing it on CPUs? Its better to test with real players since those can adapt and have their own habbits. CPU always follows same pattern depending on the situation.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So, its both? If so, i can only reduce knockback on first two jabs. But i shouldn't increase size of the hitboxes - they already are bigger than his arm he uses for the attack.

Wait, you're testing it on CPUs? Its better to test with real players since those can adapt and have their own habbits. CPU always follows same pattern depending on the situation.
The problem is that i can't. There is absoluty NO ONE is Swiss who know Project M or played. And the few human player that i know are just person that don't play video game that often or at all. So i just can't training properly. CPU are my only way to play the game.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
The problem is that i can't. There is absoluty NO ONE is Swiss who know Project M or played. And the few human player that i know are just person that don't play video game that often or at all. So i just can't training properly. CPU are my only way to play the game.
I know that feel. I do have someone to play with, but i might as well play with a CPU.

Mapet

Smash Cadet
I'm glad others are reporting random crashes, I thought my Wii U was failing. I also experienced a crash in the beginning of the match.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad others are reporting random crashes, I thought my Wii U was failing. I also experienced a crash in the beginning of the match.
yeah, i just experienced yet another crash when attacking mario right after he did up-B. it's weird because i had a similar problem before. maybe there is a problem with the mod when you attack a character who is dodging? who knows.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
So I'm just now looking into this, but I've hit the roadblock of it being a Rar file and I don't really want to deal with installing WinRar for the sake of just playing as Ridley in Project M. I want to, but not as badly as that I suppose. Any recommendations that won't involve a WinRar trial that will absolutely irritate the hell out of me once the trial ends? And also, I'd recommend if in the future have a Zip file option as that seems the more natural option for most things. (That said, Rar may be the only way to handle it, and if so, apologies.)

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
So I'm just now looking into this, but I've hit the roadblock of it being a Rar file and I don't really want to deal with installing WinRar for the sake of just playing as Ridley in Project M. I want to, but not as badly as that I suppose. Any recommendations that won't involve a WinRar trial that will absolutely irritate the hell out of me once the trial ends? And also, I'd recommend if in the future have a Zip file option as that seems the more natural option for most things. (That said, Rar may be the only way to handle it, and if so, apologies.)
Someone would have to upload another option for you each time. You do know that WinRar will only notify about you about its "trial end" when you open it, right? Since you'll only be using it for this, it seems pretty arbitrary.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I think you can use 7-Zip or similar program instead of WinRar. You can also like download it in a little bit less...legal way, but who cares about it? WinRar doesn't really punishes you for using the trial version 5 years after its over either.
I think .rar can compress things better than a .zip file.
Also, you DON'T have WinRar? Most of the things these days are put into .rar archives, with some .7z-s here and there.

And the Brawl Vault entry has reached over 7000 downloads. 13000 more until we'll reach the heavens, but thats going to take a while.

EDIT: released Extra Recolors pack:

Click on the banner to go to the Brawl Vault entry. They all should be working just fine, but im not sure. They certainly work flawlessly on Dolphin.
Now i can go back to the OP.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I think you can use 7-Zip or similar program instead of WinRar. You can also like download it in a little bit less...legal way, but who cares about it? WinRar doesn't really punishes you for using the trial version 5 years after its over either.
I think .rar can compress things better than a .zip file.
Also, you DON'T have WinRar? Most of the things these days are put into .rar archives, with some .7z-s here and there.

And the Brawl Vault entry has reached over 7000 downloads. 13000 more until we'll reach the heavens, but thats going to take a while.

EDIT: released Extra Recolors pack:

Click on the banner to go to the Brawl Vault entry. They all should be working just fine, but im not sure. They certainly work flawlessly on Dolphin.
Now i can go back to the OP.
Wow, these Colors look amazing

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
...Not sure if i should take this as something offensive to my heart or just as a statement. Where exactly a "." should have been placed here? I guess it shouldn't be here at all.
Its not a offense to you. He's complimenting your work. Its a statement towards Ridley haters over using a meme that was never funny.

Mapet

Smash Cadet
I know this is probably a pipe dream, but what are the chances of more prolific players using this mod/it becoming popular among the PM crowd?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Its not a offense to you. He's complimenting your work. Its a statement towards Ridley haters over using a meme that was never funny.
I was just making sure. The dot was put in weird place here, so, he could have meant either "Finally everyone can shut the **** up about 'HE'S TOO BIG!''" or Finally everyone can shut the **** up about Ridley. HE'S TOO BIG!".
I know this is probably a pipe dream, but what are the chances of more prolific players using this mod/it becoming popular among the PM crowd?
Very low until it will get good enough to be natural in PM. Then chances of it will be higher, but not by much.

Dhillz521

Smash Apprentice
...Not sure if i should take this as something offensive to my heart or just as a statement. Where exactly a "." should have been placed here? I guess it shouldn't be here at all.
I wasn't trying to be. I just hate it when people troll ridley fans lol. I do very much like that PSA though.
What I mean't to say was Finally everyone can Shut up about ridley being too big. Like @ SureNsync SureNsync said

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I have a question, will the extra recolors also get "spiked" variations or will they stay exclusive to the default model?

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
What exactly do i need to download and do to replace the announcer saying "Pit" instead of "Ridley"?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I have a question, will the extra recolors also get "spiked" variations or will they stay exclusive to the default model?
Yes. All of them except for Phantom Ridley. Meta Ridley...s will lack spikes on the wings just like normal Meta Ridley.
But not now. I have somethings more important and wanted right now.
What exactly do i need to download and do to replace the announcer saying "Pit" instead of "Ridley"?
The only thing you can do is use Super Smash Bros Crusade's Ridley announcer call for it (but it requires the whole game to be downloaded since there is no separate download for it and its not a Brawl mod, so, you'll have to learn how to replace sounds), but its different from Brawl and PM announcers. Its better than PM announcer IMO, but everyone has their own preferences. You can hear it in one of my PM Ridley videos. I think it was early v2.0 showcase.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
now that v2.1 is out, there's like nine, yes 9 things, i want to ask you about Bagan.

-is the Flight Mode gimmick still a possibility to implement into the PM Ridley mod? if so, can you explain how it would work again?
-are you still interested on doing other Nintendo villain PSAs for such characters like K.Rool and Ganon for example?
-speaking of Ganon, how's Angelglory doing with the Beast Ganon model? is it done or is it still on progress?
-i recall you saying you didn't want to work on K.Rool next but have something even more greater to work on. is it still going to be a secret you want to show way later on?
-what ever happen to the Kaptain K. Ridley model you were working on?
-is the Cyber Ridley model going to be part of the mod as well one day?
-how the progress of the former "old school Ridley" mod you previously cancelled and resurrected?
-what do you think of Ridley posing like this in your mod?

-SSB64'd Ridley when? the Zero-to-hit mechanics is real freaking fun in PM 3.6 Beta.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
now that v2.1 is out, there's like nine, yes 9 things, i want to ask you about Bagan.

-is the Flight Mode gimmick still a possibility to implement into the PM Ridley mod? if so, can you explain how it would work again?
-are you still interested on doing other Nintendo villain PSAs for such characters like K.Rool and Ganon for example?
-speaking of Ganon, how's Angelglory doing with the Beast Ganon model? is it done or is it still on progress?
-i recall you saying you didn't want to work on K.Rool next but have something even more greater to work on. is it still going to be a secret you want to show way later on?
-what ever happen to the Kaptain K. Ridley model you were working on?
-is the Cyber Ridley model going to be part of the mod as well one day?
-how the progress of the former "old school Ridley" mod you previously cancelled and resurrected?
-what do you think of Ridley posing like this in your mod?

-SSB64'd Ridley when? the Zero-to-hit mechanics is real freaking fun in PM 3.6 Beta.
  1. It is possible, but really complicated. Basically, i wanted it to be like Pit's vBrawl Up B, except he can use both aerial attacks and special attacks like fireballs. Oh, and air dash or something in 8 directions up to 3 times (then it just ends). After 7 seconds of flight, he must recharge for 20 seconds. But it recharges only on the ground. BUT i plan to save it for classic Ridley because he is better known for flight than Other M Ridley.
  2. I would do Ganon if Angelglory would finish his model. But not K.Rool since...well, i won't spoil anything.
  3. Don't know. I never personally talked with him about it or anything.
  4. I didn't said I will be working on something greater. I just said there is something greater. I won't spoil anything though. It might be related to K.Rool...or not~
  5. Kaptain K.Ridley was just a mock up. Captain/Pirate Ridley was sort of planned and Shin-Kitaro from deviantArt said he will handle it, but i haven't heard of any progress on it since first and last screenshot of the model in 3ds Max...or Maya.
  6. You mean Dastardly Ridleylash's texture? Not part of the official mod, but probably extra thing like spiked model or extra recolors.
  7. I haven't worked on it since my last update on it since i was busy with version 2.0 for main Ridley mod. But i plan on getting to it after a small break.
  8. Its not very comfortable to work with, so, its better to leave it for something like victory animation (as it is right now for that roaring victory animation).
  9. If you mean the model, then its possible, but requires a lot of things to be done. But the model is already there for this kind of thing:

Its Other M Ridley's shadow model, AKA that part of the model that ruins every Other M Ridley model imports in programs like GMod. Its far more complex than Brawl shadow models and its rigged in such way that it actually can be used, but it can be used as N64 model with some fixes here and there. Mostly the symmetry stuff since its, well...forgot the word for it...And it looks pretty ugly. I think it will require some parts to be re-rigged, but its not a complex model, so, it won't be as bad. Wings i used (but not those spikes on the wings) in the image belong to normal model because shadow model's wings are just plain horrible.
Either way, im not really planning to do this, but it certainly is possible.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Question, do you have any plan to resize any parts of Classic Ridley or will you leave has you last left it in this picture.

5gOqJeY.jpg

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Question, do you have any plan to resize any parts of Classic Ridley or will you leave has you last left it in this picture.

View attachment 60623
I'll scale him down to make his longer torso (so he would actually have waist rather than pretty much going from pelvis straight to ribcage) fit better, but thats it. His wings will remain in this position unless uses them to make sure i won't run out of power remaining file space for animations again. They won't be completly static (thats the word for it?) and instead they will move around like Other M Ridley's wings.

Last edited:
Top Bottom