• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Casual tier list

Spazzy

Smash Apprentice
My opinion for a casual tier list
SS: :kirbymelee: (Can take neutral b's and also can fly), :peachmelee: (check post below)
F: :bowsermelee::falconmelee::dkmelee::drmario::falcomelee::foxmelee::ganondorfmelee::icsmelee::jigglypuffmelee::linkmelee::luigimelee::mariomelee::marthmelee::mewtwomelee::gawmelee::nessmelee::pichumelee::pikachumelee::roymelee::samusmelee::sheikmelee::yoshimelee::younglinkmelee::zeldamelee:

Prove me wrong

Last edited:

JoeTango

It Takes Two
SS: :peachmelee:
Step 1: Tap down with C stick
Step 2: Return C stick to neutral position
Step 3: Repeat steps 1 and 2

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
:mewtwomelee:- Hes the strongest pokemon in the world
:falconmelee:- Falcon Pawnch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:dkmelee:- Down-B makes me invincible, and my A moves are broken
:jigglypuffmelee:- Rollout is OP and I can fly like kirby

All SS

Last edited:

Psyant

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Psyant
It's a good start, but your tier list has a worrying lack of Thunder.

Abaddun

Smash Cadet
:sheikmelee:- all of my attacks are good
:marthmelee:- forward smash
:roymelee:- easier to land sweetspot forward smash
:linkmelee:- i have many weapons, my grounded up b kills everything.
:gawmelee:- sausage sausage sausage sausage sausage, bacon?
:samusmelee:- pew pew bang bang pew pew BANG

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
S Tier:
Sheik (auto combos too good)
Marth (F-Smash, jab infinites)
Roy (F-Smash, D-Smash, U-Smash, Up-B)
Peach (D-Smash, doesn't die)
Samus (endless missiles, doesn't die, strong smashes/etc.)

A Tier:
Luigi (auto combos too good. Misfire becomes unavoidable)
Ganon (Stomp, down-B, GG everyone else)
Fox (Lasers, side-B, Up-B, Up-Smash, up-air)
Pikachu (thunder, up-smash, f-Smash, d-Smash, "pika-choo!")
Mewtwo (Neutral air, doesn't die)

B Tier:
Captain Falcon (Punch, F-smash, knee)
Link (Up-B, Up-B, D-Smash, D Air, Up Air)
DK (Down-B, overall strength)
Bowser (Up-B, D-Smash, Up-Smash)

C Tier:
Falco (F-Smash, lasers, side-B, down air)
Yoshi (double jump armor, down-B, down-air, smash attacks, egg roll)
Game & Watch (parachute, judgment, torch, up-smash)
Dr. Mario (F-Smash, Forward Air, Down-Smash, cape)
Kirby (down-b)

D Tier:
Zelda (Forward Smash, din's fire camping, is also sheik)
Young Link (Weak link)
Ice Climbers (smashes but can't recover and dumb cpu)
Ness (PK fire into grab, recovers backwards [so doesn't recover])

F Tier:
Mario (smash attacks, that's about it. Doc is better)
Jigglypuff (dies too early, almost no kill moves, too slow/weak)
Pichu (self-damages, never hits anything, dies at 30% to falcon punch)

Last edited:

Crawfiish

Smash Cadet
My opinion for a casual tier list
SS: :kirbymelee: (Can take neutral b's and also can fly), :peachmelee: (check post below)
F: :bowsermelee::falconmelee::dkmelee::drmario::falcomelee::foxmelee::ganondorfmelee::icsmelee::jigglypuffmelee::linkmelee::mariomelee::luigimelee::marthmelee::mewtwomelee::gawmelee::nessmelee::pichumelee::pikachumelee::roymelee::samusmelee::sheikmelee::yoshimelee::younglinkmelee::zeldamelee:

Prove me wrong
Your signature really doesn't help your case

SS: :kirbymelee: (Down-B) :pikachumelee: (PIKAAAA)
S: :foxmelee: (HIYAAA) :mewtwomelee: (HES MEWTWO) :linkmelee: (Up-B)
A: :falconmelee: (FALCOOOON PAWNCH) :peachmelee: (D-Smash) :dkmelee: (EHUEHUE I CARRY U OFF) :roymelee:(F-smash)
B: :luigimelee: (WHUO BRUH HOW DID UR UP B DO THAT) :falcomelee: (BLUE FOX BUT SLOWER) :gawmelee: (NINEGASM) :younglinkmelee: (***** LINK) :marthmelee: (F-smash)
C: :ganondorfmelee: (WRRRUUAHHH) :mariomelee: (i dont know this game so im going to play mario) :sheikmelee::zeldamelee: (THEY ARE TWO CHARACTERS I CANT LOSE)
D: :yoshimelee: (UP-B DOESNT HELP) :nessmelee: (HOW DO I RECOVER) :bowsermelee: (EW BOSER IS SLOW) :samusmelee: (ITS HARD TO SHOOT THESE)
F: :drmario: (MARIO FAKE) :jigglypuffmelee: (DOWN-B IS USELESS) :pichumelee: (WHY DOES THUNDER HURT ME) :icsmelee: (WHAT DOES THE PINK ONE EVEN DO)

I play solely with casuals in my dorm except during a weekly smash bros club meetup, so I've seen it all folks

Acryte

Smash Ace
Y'all are stupid and forgot Roy has teh fire.

Also DK is godlike on Flatzone

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
Your signature really doesn't help your case

SS: :kirbymelee: (Down-B) :pikachumelee: (PIKAAAA)
S: :foxmelee: (HIYAAA) :mewtwomelee: (HES MEWTWO) :linkmelee: (Up-B)
A: :falconmelee: (FALCOOOON PAWNCH) :peachmelee: (D-Smash) :dkmelee: (EHUEHUE I CARRY U OFF) :roymelee:(F-smash)
B: :luigimelee: (WHUO BRUH HOW DID UR UP B DO THAT) :falcomelee: (BLUE FOX BUT SLOWER) :gawmelee: (NINEGASM) :younglinkmelee: (***** LINK) :marthmelee: (F-smash)
C: :ganondorfmelee: (WRRRUUAHHH) :mariomelee: (i dont know this game so im going to play mario) :sheikmelee::zeldamelee: (THEY ARE TWO CHARACTERS I CANT LOSE)
D: :yoshimelee: (UP-B DOESNT HELP) :nessmelee: (HOW DO I RECOVER) :bowsermelee: (EW BOSER IS SLOW) :samusmelee: (ITS HARD TO SHOOT THESE)
F: :drmario: (MARIO FAKE) :jigglypuffmelee: (DOWN-B IS USELESS) :pichumelee: (WHY DOES THUNDER HURT ME) :icsmelee: (WHAT DOES THE PINK ONE EVEN DO)

I play solely with casuals in my dorm except during a weekly smash bros club meetup, so I've seen it all folks
How do ALL of you forget Flare Blade and Shield Breaker!? They're like Smash attacks, but you don't have to be able to input Smashes to do them!!! Marth is A at least, probably S, same for Roy.

Depends on how good the casual is of course. Falcon drops quickly against people who sort of know how to play because he's "hard" to control, same for Fox and Falco (Falco less so because his lasers are much more annoying on the ground).

If people don't move and attack at the same time, which many casuals don't, Samus goes up substantially, as does Doc (who hits harder later). Jiggs becomes better than Captain Falcon if they understand how to rollout "well", above Ganon if they rollout and SD frequently, above Luigi if they can rollout and SD occasionally, and where she is if they don't understand that rollout needs to be charged.

This list is [considering the irony of it] pretty good otherwise. I think Yoshi, Ness, and Bowser go below ICs because you can spam random inputs on the c-stick (like peach dsmash) and they're really really good, but most people just lose Nana then can't recover. Meanwhile Bowser is too slow, Ness can't recover, and Yoshi can't either (because they try to attack and kill themselves). Samus and Doc would be bottom of C, Jiggs/Pichu/ICs/Ness/Bowser/Yoshi for D tier, no more F tier in my opinion. Also I think Link > Mewtwo for this because Link can throw more stuff, but that's neither here nor there (but Fox > either because reflector is amazing - no not shine, the reflecting part is the good part).

Last edited:

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is a terrible character his moves down't do anything except the charge shot which is just a weaker Samus and can't even act as shield since it automatically stops when you're small

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
tl;dr in the spoiler below
SS — Kirby, Link, Captain Falcon
S — Marth, Mewtwo, Ganondorf
A — Sheik, Mario, Pikachu, Zelda
B — Roy, Luigi, Dr. Mario, Donkey Kong
C — Fox, Peach, Ness, Falco, Pichu
D — Bowser, Mr. Game and Watch, Jigglypuff, Samus
F — Yoshi, Young Link, Ice Climbers

may need some revision

SS Tier
1. Kirby

he has five jumps so you can't die. and bro… have you ever heard of his down-b? it's amazing when you want to hit your opponent in the air just in case they try to hit you again. just don't use it near the edge LOL! what are throws again?
2. Link
oh okay you got me with that hit. but hold on. hold on. i'm gonna use my down air while i'm coming down. it'll save me. you'll never expect it.
3. Captain Falcon
falcon punch… knee of justice… wombo combo dude… kneed i say more? ;)

S Tier
4. Marth

this is the only time i'm going to be serious here: you literally can't mess up marth especially when you're playing at a casual level. only problem is you tend to use side-b a lot and it won't work.
5. Mewtwo
yeah broe i saw the first pokemon movie mewtwo's the most powerful pokemon of all time, godlike
6. Ganondorf
he's like falcon but… slower… and he's got those raw dark flames coming out of him. and that up tilt he has is so strong.

A Tier
7. Sheik

alright i don't know what this dude does but he can shoot needles and use his whip whenever he wants SOOOO lemme just stand here for like five minutes and use my chain
8. Mario
did you see how good he did in the tutorial for the game? against bowser? you remember that? i wanna get just as good as that guy eventually
9. Pikachu
thunder jolt is like… unbeatable… and that down-b? when your friends walk right into you? godly.
10. Zelda
this is for the guy who'd camp on the left side of hyrule temple spamming din's fire when you were children. you all know this guy. this is for you, buddy. and i hope you rot in hell.

B Tier:
11. Roy

*charges flare blade*
12. Luigi
let me show you this new trick i just learned about his up-b. just stand there. one second. OHHH! yeah that counts as a stock, why?
13. Dr. Mario
i don't know i'm running out of steam already he's just good but not someone you think about picking for casual battles
14. Donkey Kong
down-b is the greatest move in the game……… but aerial combat? nuh-uh

C Tier:
15. Fox

Fox is cheap! All the professional players use him; he takes no skill whatsoever. You know—Fox only, no items, Final Destination [a shudder]. Look at this. I'm going to beat you using Fox and I don't even play him.
*side-Bs off the stage multiple times*
*dies*
So how do you recover with him again?
16. Peach
what does the toad do again? yeah that peach bomber is really good but she's just a weird character that can't even recover right. also why is her forward smash so bad? i hit you with a golf club, you shouldn't be barely moving.
17. Ness
PK FIRE
18. Falco
he's like… a weaker fox dude. why is he so slow?
19. Pichu
but he's just so cute! hey when did i take all that damage?

D Tier:
20. Bowser

“he's super slow but he hits so hard. and it's easy to get that hit off, trust me.”
21. Mr. Game and Watch
who is this again? doesn't matter bacon defense
22. Jigglypuff

two of her special attacks don't even work bro this is what i've been telling you garbage character plebeian scum 0/10
23. Samus
okay watch me charge up this charge shot… and these missiles… because i can't hit you off if i don't use those

F Tier:
24. Yoshi

I can't even recover!!!
25. Young Link
when was the last time you looked at a character select screen and decided you wanted to play young link? if that answer is anything but “never” you're lying to yourself trust me
26. Ice Climbers
going to be serious again and say this is self-explanatory lol, most top players don't even know how to play ICs i don't think

Last edited:

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
SS - bowser (his attacks do too much damage and he has fire), kirby because his down b is too cheap, falco beacuse all you have to do is never let go of down b!!!!0!

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
S tier: Everyone
F tier: Fox (falls too quickly, easy to SD using Fox Illusion), Falco (easy to SD using Falco Phantasm)

Top Bottom