• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unnamed Tournament of Doom - Stockholm, Sweden [CANCELLED - DUH!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

stelzig

Smash Lord
It's really not. Where do you learn English? Mostly from tv, and maybe games/internet, and most things are in American English there, except some British shows. On high school you learn British English, at least in Holland, but most people watch more tv/games than they listen to English on high school.
Indeed. If you hear older generations talk (including many school teachers) they'll be talking with either a very british accent or a very local accent... Well at least that's how it is here.
I'm one of those who speak english in a way so you can instantly hear where i'm from (well at least if you're also danish yourself), but probably also more american than british :p

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
It's normally not that hard to hear the difference between
british english (though those brits have different accents too)
american english (same)
french english (lol)
dutch english
german english
scandinavian english
southern europe english

ah, and russian english off course

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
No. You sound nothing like an American. When we talked anyways that is.

And you're talking about a southern accent. Yeah, those are dumb and ********.
Still Yuna:
So would you say my accent is more British than American? It's certainly not Scandinavian, Irish, Aussie or Scottish.

Also, sorry for accidentally editing you there (I edited it back). **** Fuzzy for being a mod.

stelzig

Smash Lord
It's normally not that hard to hear the difference between
british english (though those brits have different accents too)
american english (same)
french english (lol)
dutch english
german english
scandinavian english
southern europe english

ah, and russian english off course
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UoTL39F5aI

Well alright it doesn't really have anything to do with accent here... Still incredible that so many people can't tell the difference between danish and dutch though... To think it would be german would be a little more plausible, but danish? ;_;

(There's also some danish youtubers who've previously said they were offended by it simply because we're pretty good at english, and this kind of commercial kinda says otherwise... I somewhat agree, but what are ya gonna do)

The commercial itself is also funny though. And there's a difference between the scandinavian accents too, but yeah i suppose that's not so easy to tell the difference between them for others. :)

Abild

Smash Rookie
I don't really care about the accent myself xD

But then again.. A british accent might be cool..

Anyway.. I have cleared most of august in my schedule due to this. It would be nice to get a date, though.

Hehe :p

Oni Nick

Smash Rookie
There are actually a few more Danish "smashers" who have shown interest... Believe it or not. I think stelzig mentioned them (or maybe he didn't xD), but Ghozt and Coco would also like to attend.

Frown

poekmon
Yeah, get John Cleese to come.

Yuna, if I can make it, I will:

• Bring my Wii
  • Bring Brawl
  • Bring a bunch of GC controllers
  • Cook
But I can't confirm anything yet.

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
Sure it will. He were quite early in planning when he started the thread and it's a busy season I guess. Prolly soon.

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm just passing by to say that I/we might be able to borrow 3-5+ TVs from a.. well let's call it a gaming centre.
That's all I got to say. I guess I can ask Yuna for a date if I see him too.(That sentence felt so weird to write..)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am very tempted to attend, Yuna.
Then come.

Yeah, get John Cleese to come.

Yuna, if I can make it, I will:

• Bring my Wii
  • Bring Brawl
  • Bring a bunch of GC controllers
  • Cook
But I can't confirm anything yet.
Sounds great! Another slave, I mean co-cook!

Ok, yuna promised us info ages ago, so that basicly means that this probably won't happen -_-
I already stated that we do not yet have a date because the owner of the venue has not confirmed a date. This was his initial response:
"I don't see why not. I'll get back to you."

I haven't been able to call him since I'm currently in London on a study trip for university. I've asked my contact to call him per MSN. Now we just wait and see. But this thing is definitely happening.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I might be attending this too if that's ok. :$
No! Go away!

My contact called the owner. I received two dates which he states are open, both of which inconvenience me in some way. One is 6-9 August, which coincides with Super Lyon. The other is 30/7 - 2/8, which coincides with an annual event I attend (annually).

So I just emailed him to ask about other dates, like the week before 30/7 - 2/8 (hopefully, Armada and Aniolas will have returned by then) and the week after Super Lyon. If none of those work out, I'll probably go with 30/7 - 2/8.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
I really hope it won't be 30/7 - 2/8, cause that's the exact same 4 days as the European and World Championships ITG, held here in Holland, so I'd have to choose between the two events ><

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
So I just emailed him to ask about other dates, like the week before 30/7 - 2/8 (hopefully, Armada and Aniolas will have returned by then)
In case you have been living under a stone for the last 3 or so weeks... most swedish smashers will be occupied elsewhere on July 15-22, and probably includes Armada and Aniolas as they will (should) be back on (around?) the 15th.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I really hope it won't be 30/7 - 2/8, cause that's the exact same 4 days as the European and World Championships ITG, held here in Holland, so I'd have to choose between the two events ><
Yes you will. Because nobody (in the Smash community) really cares about In the Groove. Da Roots my tuchas.

In case you have been living under a stone for the last 3 or so weeks... most swedish smashers will be occupied elsewhere on July 15-22, and probably includes Armada and Aniolas as they will (should) be back on (around?) the 15th.
In case you didn't check your calendar, the Thursday to Sunday preceeding Jult 30th to August 2nd is Jult 23rd-26th.

The Swedes can go straight from the cabin to my tournament if that date should be suitable. I don't really see any problems with this unless certain Smashers get homesick easily.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I know they won't overlap, but for some people it might be either too little time (tired after one whole week of games) or too long (need to spend the day (22nd) and the night somewhere).

Abild

Smash Rookie
I really can't see the problem either.
As long as one remembers deodorant and some clean clothes it'll work out just fine :p

sPArKeN

Smash Apprentice
Om folk inte vore helt bortblåsta så skulle ni mycket väl veta om att det är BÅDE n-next och Boule SM (för mig), som redan "överlappar" med "Stockholmsturren" (får fan fnula ut ett namn till den)...
Så den veckan är inget bra alternativ alls.
Jag + många andra kommer med stor sannolikhet inte kunna vara med ifall den hålls då...

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Om folk inte vore helt bortblåsta så skulle ni mycket väl veta om att det är BÅDE n-next och Boule SM (för mig), som redan "överlappar" med "Stockholmsturren" (får fan fnula ut ett namn till den)...
Så den veckan är inget bra alternativ alls.
Jag + många andra kommer med stor sannolikhet inte kunna vara med ifall den hålls då...
Visste inte att N-Next hölls då. Då får vi hoppas på 3:e helgen i augusti.

Abild

Smash Rookie
If it's later than 6-9 August i'm not sure i can go. The earlier the better for me.
Without you it would be difficult to motivate the rest of the danes I think. You are like the cpatain of the danes! :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom