• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unlocking Lucario

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
I've read that you unlock him by defeating him in the SSE with Metaknight. But... do you have to beat the SSE, and then face him, or do you find him in the SSE? Also, how long and how difficult is the SSE? :p

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
From what I've heard, the SSE is 7-10 hours long. As for Lucario, I think once you meet new characters in SSE they're automatically unlocked. However, it seems that every character also has an alternate way of unlocking them. AS far as Lucario's concerned, it's unknown. Probably something to do with x-amount of Vs. matches or beating Classic with a Pokemon.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
you find lucario with meta knight and ice climbers once you beat that level he is unlocked then save and exit sse and he is available in other modes

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Does Lucario appear very far into SSE? I hope it doesn't take too long to unlock him...

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, he's kinda deep into it... maybe 2-3 hours (guestimate). Hopefully there'll be another way to get him a little sooner.

Neemo

Smash Apprentice
I'll just wait till all my friends do the work then buy a wii, the game and copy their save data.

Just like Melee.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
im pretty sure its defeat Lucario in SSE with Meta Knight, or Complete 5 Target Tests with any character

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
im pretty sure its defeat Lucario in SSE with Meta Knight, or Complete 5 Target Tests with any character
Yeah, we've established that. I just still have some questions. I want to unlock him ASAP when I get the game.

EDIT: I read in a YouTube comment that there are 10 levels of difficulty for the target tests. But... it just says complete 5 target tests with any character. So, let's say I just beat the first 5 levels of target test with Fox, would I get to unlock Lucario?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Lucario will be revealed sometime this week I think, or early next week.
Unless Sakurai is going to space all the characters out...
-DD

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Depending on your skill in smash you can beat SSE relatively fast. I'm sure you can do it in 5-6 hours. It shouldn't be that big of a task to go a few hours into playing it to get to him XD.

Fluff

Smash Cadet
Just through playing SSE normally... you should unlock the following.

In order of unlocking:
Marth -> Falco -> Captain Falcon -> Lucario -> Snake -> Mr. Game and Watch -> R.O.B -> Luigi -> Ness -> Ganondorf (requires recollection of Ling and Zelda in SSE) -> Sonic

Non-SSE:
Lucario - Beat Break the targets level 1 to 5

Lucario 100(vs brawls)

Break the Targets
------------------------------------
Lv2 Beat classic mode with easy TWICE, or beat it with normal ONCE.
Lv3 Beat classic mode with normal TWICE, or beat it with hard ONCE.
Lv4 Beat classic mode with hard TWICE, or beat it with very hard ONCE
Lv5 Beat classic mode with very hard TWICE.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=41190421

All this from Gamefaqs. sounds to me like the fastest way would be to just do 100 1 stock matches

Skillface

Smash Cadet

In order of unlocking:
Marth -> Falco -> Captain Falcon -> Lucario -> Snake -> Mr. Game and Watch -> R.O.B -> Luigi -> Ness -> Ganondorf (requires recollection of Ling and Zelda in SSE) -> Sonic

Non-SSE:

Lucario 100(vs brawls)

Break the Targets

All this from Gamefaqs. sounds to me like the fastest way would be to just do 100 1 stock matches
I'm going to be playing through SSE anyway, so I guess I'll just pick him up on the way.

Thanks for the info.

Fluff

Smash Cadet
I'm going to be playing through SSE anyway, so I guess I'll just pick him up on the way.

Thanks for the info.
ya i am as well.. but i have like 7-8 friends that really want to play it as well, 3 of which live with me in an apartment (college.. fun) and the others come over all the time.. so i figured id probly just do those first, so we can all enjoy >.< lol

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman

In order of unlocking:

Non-SSE:

Lucario 100(vs brawls)

Break the Targets

100 vs. Brawls eh? The target test method seems too hard. :p I'm just going to set my stock to one, and die 100 times. Then, I'll have Lucario. =)

iPsy

Smash Cadet
I think that unlocking characters through SSE is dumb because there isn't the fun of facing them 1v1 after like in the last 2 games. I'm gonna play a bunch of VS matches first and unlock characters that way.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I'm going to unlock Lucario through SSE. I mean, SSE is one of the main reasons some people want this game anyway, aside from the new characters and other stuff.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
I was going to get this game anyways, Lucario is just a final Icing on the cake of brawl.
I plan to unlock as many characters with non SSE as possible just so that I don't try going thru SSE the first time and rush thru to get all the characters. I want to really enjoy SSE, it looks amazing. I want to have all the characters unlocked asap for brawls but not at the expense of the full SSE exprerence.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Well, when I first heard of that you can unlock Lucario by beating all 5 Target Smash levels, I thought they were all available right away, didn't know at first that you had to complete Classic mode at high difficulty levels to unlock levels above Level 1.

I'm still taking that route, I can beat Classic mode on Very Hard, it shouldn't take too long, but a lot longer than I originally thought, when I thought I could just head straight to target smash and go through the levels. :/

Well, this will make it more rewarding. I'll bet that the Level 5 Target Smash is pretty tricky if you have to beat Classic mode twice on Very Hard just to play it. Good. I hope that break the targets is longer in Brawl, allows for more room for improvement of the record times.

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, well I'm going to be doing the "die 100 times in vs. mode" method, but after the 100 matches, and you fight him, and you lose, do you have to play a whole-'nother 100 matches?

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Are we 100% positive you have to clear each of the 5 Target Test levels, is there any chance that it might just be that you need to beat any target test as any character 5 times total?

The way it's phrased on Brawl Central 3.0's site makes it seem as if you may be able to just be Target Test on Level 1 with 5 different characters.

Complete 5 Target Tests total

Top Bottom