• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unlockable Newcomers + Trailers = ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sakurai said all newcomers would get a trailer and all the trailers would be available in game to watch without needing to unlock them.

What does this mean for the hope of unlockable newcomers? That their trailers will be shown after release?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Maybe we'll get all the newcomers revealed, even the unlockable ones before the release date, can't really waste a trailer after Smash 4 has been released, it's a great way to get hyped.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Basically what Blue said. Although that begs the question to whether or not we actually get any unlockable newcomers.

Since you could see the video of them before unlocking them...which I guess is a weird idea. Maybe it'll give hints as to how to unlock them though.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Sakurai said all newcomers would get a trailer and all the trailers would be available in game to watch without needing to unlock them.

What does this mean for the hope of unlockable newcomers? That their trailers will be shown after release?
Eh, I don't think Sakurai necessarily meant they're available right from start even for unlockable newcomers. Just that they're not going to be a part of any huge story mode, just some individual introductions for each of the newcomers.

Maybe the videos could play after the "Challenger Approaching" screen (Like MM's trailer) and after that you can watch them any time.

D

Deleted member

Hmm…

I think that unlockable newcomers will be unlocked alongside their trailer. For example if King K. Rool was an unlockable character, then once you unlock him, you also unlock his trailer.

I dunno if they will make every trailer available at the beginning; wouldn't that ruin the surprise of which newcomers are unlockable in the game?

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Eh, I don't think Sakurai necessarily meant they're available right from start even for unlockable newcomers. Just that they're not going to be a part of any huge story mode, just some individual introductions for each of the newcomers.

Maybe the videos could play after the "Challenger Approaching" screen (Like MM's trailer) and after that you can watch them any time.
Completely agree.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I think that every Newcomer will be spoiled before the game is released.

You can pretty much bet that the likes of K. Rool and Ridley aren't going to be available from the start if they're playable, but they're likely going to get their own trailer. What's the point of having a trailer if you can only watch it in-game? Obviously Sakurai is going to get as much hype going as possible and show all of the super-unique newcomers.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I feel that unlockable newcomer trailers should probably play just before a challenger match, and if you win, the trailer can be viewed at any time. Starting newcomers would have their trailers available right from the start.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I don't think the fact that he's revealing newcomers by trailer has any correlation with unlockable characters. They'll just get a short, in-game cinematic.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I would not be surprised to see all the hidden newcomers (aside from maybe an obscure historical character or retro) being revealed before release for hype reasons.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm not completely sure there even will be unlockable characters this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom