• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kal

Smash Champion
Leprechaun, the smash fest is going down right now at my place. Address is 12610 Riata Trace Parkway, apt 1033. My phone number is (512) 698-7056. Call me if you need anything.

Oh, and the Gate code is 0059.

Kal

Smash Champion
Ok Leprechaun, the Austin newbs who haven't heard of you want to meet you, so I will set up a smash fest for Friday.

People, smash fest at my place Friday at 8:00 PM.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I think I remember Speedway from orientation...

Bleh, I'll just ask again when I actually move.

:069:

MT_

Smash Ace
Jester is on the intersection of 21st Street and Speedway. Just walk north from there and it'll be on your left - it's very closeby. If you have any science classes they're bound to be in Welch so you should be able to find it.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
For those that like maps:

Most meetings will probably be in Welch (WEL). In the event that no WEL auditoriums are available, meeting may be held in an auditorium in one of the following buildings: JGB, ART, WCH, RLM, or UTC. FYI: there are free, non-permit parking spots during weekends on Speedway by WEL, 24th Street east of Speedway, and San Jacinto by ART and the stadium.

It may be too early to ask this but who can go to Insane Triumph 2 in Houston on Oct. 23rd? Would be awesome to see Austin there. :)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Oh, man. I need to get used to all this walking. Living in FL, we don't have to tread uphill most of the time. :laugh:

:069:

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
Poltergust! awesome brawl yoshi right here..
I actually go to UT Dallas but went to a meeting before when bro was prez, won low tier w/ yoshi hehe

maybe we can meet sometime

Kal

Smash Champion
Can I get RSVPs from people about coming over for Smash Friday?

Kal

Smash Champion
Jamal, getting high seems like a good thing for you. It would make you better adjusted. Also you would hopefully camp less.

Kal

Smash Champion
On account of Reqy's *****ing, the smashfest now starts at 2:00 rather than 8:00.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
that's actually pretty rude to say that, man.
Why do I always get called out when I say something slightly rude (when it's supposed to be taken in a joking tone) and yet other people, who are often much ruder on a more consistent basis aren't told anything? I don't feel the need to defend myself though, as people who know me can judge my character for themselves. On that note, I guess I don't have to come. How long will y'all be playing?

Kal

Smash Champion
Reqy, you're a ****ing ******.

See, that's just a joke. Obnoxious statements with no context = jokes.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Hmm... I usually find it easier to identify jokes when they have context. Whatever. So how long are y'all gonna be playing? Lep and I have a couple things we need to do but we wanna head over there after a little while. That is, if anyone is actually there... who all is coming to this?

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
JF, did you use to participate in the club in previous years? I notice that you're pretty active when going to kal's or perhaps edgars's, but I hardly see you going to the meetings. or do you go and I just don't notice you?

also, when shall we have our first meeting, the 8th?
clay how do we make a club meeting!?

and lep, are you as good as kal and JF?

Kal

Smash Champion
No one is as good as Kal. That's why he won that tournament in Dallas and didn't get knocked out really early by some random Fox player.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
also, when shall we have our first meeting, the 8th?
clay how do we make a club meeting!?
A good place to start is to read my post #1762 in this thread. Also, do you mean Aug 28th?

No one is as good as Kal. That's why he won that tournament in Dallas and didn't get knocked out really early by some random Fox player.
But then in that tournament in Austin you beat the person that got 2nd at that tournament in Dallas. Just remember that (or any other smash achievements you're proud of) whenever you find yourself struggling against an opponent.

MT_

Smash Ace
Maybe for my money match with Kal I'll remember that he lost to some random Fox player in Dallas and that will give me hope so that I know it is possible for me too to beat him. Like a random Fox player.

Kal

Smash Champion
I can just go Link or something Matt if you want to win.

Top Bottom