• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Hey guys, I'm handing out free passes to see The Muppets this Monday at 7:30 at Alamo South Lamar. That's a whole TWO WEEKS before it releases nationwide.

Just like last time, if you guys give me a headcount of how many people are gonna come, I can reserve you seats under the UT Smash Club.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I just read the poll y'all had forever ago...why is melee not a choice trollolol. Also, we have Kal now. Suck it! Actually we're not sure if that is a good thing yet.

:phone:

Kal

Smash Champion
I just read the poll y'all had forever ago...why is melee not a choice trollolol. Also, we have Kal now. Suck it! Actually we're not sure if that is a good thing yet.

Absolutely not a good thing. And, when it comes to crew battles, my loyalty lies with Austin. Though I hate all of them too, so I will likely keep out of crews. Or do my 20 stock vs. your crew.

MT_

Smash Ace
How does Danny beat both Jose and Ivan but then place lower than them.....wtf Danny???

These results are so damned intertwined LOL..

xCKx

Smash Rookie
Hi,
I went to SOTC using the tag C and right now I'm trying to start a club at my own school in order to grow the scene in Waco and was wondering what kind of things you say when submitting the application. Thanks.

MT_

Smash Ace
hey chris,

i totally remember you at fotc! we had a fun set in pools haha. good luck with stuff in waco!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
ATTENTION AUSTIN MELEE PLAYERS:
I now find myself in possession of a controller with an orange top, silver bottom, and taped wire.
I will be holding it hostage until your next meeting.

By the way, I'm sorry that I messed up a LOT near the beginning (spilling Jamal's drink, almost pulling out the cords, forgetting our remote, etc.), and thank you for allowing us to stay that long. I'd also like to apologize for not really talking to many of you, but I'm really bad at talking to new people, especially when there are so many. ^^;
Anyway, thank you for inviting us to your meet!

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
oh ya that's my controller. and no!!!!!!!!! where do you live? I need it all day everyday. and no problem about talking to us. we are a different community with already established relationships. i just wanted to offer you guys a place to play now that chris is gone.

Kal

Smash Champion
What the ****, as soon as I move out of Austin we get a super mod to join our ranks? ****.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
well austin brawl has one non-super mod because Zigsta left and Poltergust was demodded
Fixed!

oh ya that's my controller. and no!!!!!!!!! where do you live? I need it all day everyday. and no problem about talking to us. we are a different community with already established relationships. i just wanted to offer you guys a place to play now that chris is gone.
I live out in Elgin, which is 30-60 minutes away from U.T. (depending on traffic). The Brawl guys might have a fest in San Marcos this week, so I might be able to send it with one of the U.T. players after the fest and you could just pick it up from them next time you're on campus or something. That all hinges on whether or not a U.T. player decides to go to the fest and whether or not Joel or Collin can host. ^^;

You have my sincerest thanks for letting us have a fest with you guys, BTW. It's definitely a lot closer for the Austin players.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Not sure how much JF pays attention to this thread but since they told me to post it here,

I'm going to **** on JF are you kidding me? A fight between wouldn't even be fight. He might as well just bend over for me while I...steal his wallet. I mean what's he going to do to me you know, other than lose? He doesn't have a Falco, I mean he lost to Velox in a Falco ditto. The only reason he was winning was because of the character advantage and when it gets taken away he gets ****ed up hard. His actual skill is either non-existent or extremely close to it. What's he going to use on me next? Jigglypuffy? Unlike most people I know how to fight that thing so he might as well give her a Rest and pick someone else. Then again he doesn't really have anyone else after that does he? Oh wait I forgot, he was the worst Donkey Kong in Texas. At least that's what I heard from Paul about his set with JF in Louisiana. Though I do admit to twisting some of those words around. It's essentially what I got out of the convo. Him winning 2/3 with the Apex ruleset set against me would be freaking hilarious. Oh and ell that dude, that guy with the gambling problem (Anupam? That brown kid I ****ted on in tournament), that if he wants to side bet on me vs JF, I'll take that too along with most I mean the entire city of Houston. I don't have any limit on the bets I'll make.

Jake13

Smash Lord
LOL @ sybababy

Srsly we need some discussion on the crew battle

Houston's line up is as follows:
Mogo, Jake13, Broly, TSC, Sybawave

Get at us

dcx1287

Smash Lord
LOL @ sybababy

Srsly we need some discussion on the crew battle

Houston's line up is as follows:
Mogo, Jake13, Broly, TSC, Sybawave

Get at us

Ball's in your court. Austin is putting up Xelic/AustinRC/Tirno/Cyphus/Reqy. I know you personally said you'd be fine with $20/person ($100/crew), but nobody else on your crew has agreed to those terms. Is $20/person cool with the rest of your crewmates? Or maybe with Von's recent surge in confidence he'd be willing to go higher?

As long as Austin has Xelic/AustinRC/Tirno/Cyphus/Reqy (and Houston has its top 5 of course), we're golden.

Top Bottom