• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

BlitzMaster2000

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlitzMaster9000
Ok, I've had an idea for a potential moveset for a while, but I'll only be covering special moves for now. The idea is that his tilts, jabs, aerials and smashes are just basic punches (and maybe kicks). Now moving on...

Neutral B 1: Unite Hand: Pressing the button creates a Unite Hand out of Wonderful Ones that come from off screen. The Unite Hand will be used to make your basic A attacks more powerful. The longer you hold the button the larger the hand will become, making the attacks more powerful. Performing another B move will cancel out the Unite Hand, as will blocking. You move slower the larger the hand is and you jump lower too.

Neutral B 2: Unite Sword: More or less the same idea as before, but you use the Unite Sword which has a much longer range, but a lower damage output. A neat touch is that Wonder Blue takes over the lead instead of Wonder Red.

Neutral B 3: Unite Claw: Again, similar concept, but this time, faster attack speed but lower damage. Also, I do understand that some moves will have to be changed for the custom moves, but it would be worth it, and the developers wouldn't be restricted by a release date.

Side B 1: Unite Spring: A dodge move, where you leap over enemies. Landing on an enemy does damage (similar to the drill spring), and you get put into special fall in the air.

Side B 2: Unite Gun: Fires a shot from Unite Gun. Hold the button to charge up to Unite Bazooka (I know it's not called that) which does more damage. It's just a simple projectile move.

Side B 3: Unite Boomerang: Press to throw a Boomerang that comes back to you. Moves slowly but deals multihit damage. Hold to make the Boomerang bigger. I'd say put Vorken in the lead for the move, but I'd rather he be a alternate costume.

Up B 1: Unite Rocket: Launches you high into the air with no horizontal movement. Hold down to make the Rocket bigger.

Up B 2: Unite Whip: It's a tether recovery, but the longer you charge it the further it reaches. Can be used to grab foes out of the air.

Up B 3: Unite Naginata: Spins a Naginata around, lifting you into the air, basically like the Hero's Spin, dealing damage to those around you. Charging it makes it bigger. When charging the move, aim to the side to propel yourself forward.

Down B 1: Unite Guts: A counter move just like in the game, spikes come out when attacked, dealing heavy damage.

Down B 2: Unite Hammer: Slams a Hammer right in front of you. Again, the longer you charge, the bigger it gets. This move deals the most damage out of them all.

Down B 3: Unite Bomb: Works like Link's version, except you can charge it to make it bigger, and it slows down those within its radius, dealing a small amount of damage to foes.

There... That's all I got, when I think of more, I'll edit this post.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Theres a huge chance Wonder Red may come in since we still got a bunch load of DLC characters that Sakurai needs to think of.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Theres a huge chance Wonder Red may come in since we still got a bunch load of DLC characters that Sakurai needs to think of.
Ok, I've had an idea for a potential moveset for a while, but I'll only be covering special moves for now. The idea is that his tilts, jabs, aerials and smashes are just basic punches (and maybe kicks). Now moving on...

Neutral B 1: Unite Hand: Pressing the button creates a Unite Hand out of Wonderful Ones that come from off screen. The Unite Hand will be used to make your basic A attacks more powerful. The longer you hold the button the larger the hand will become, making the attacks more powerful. Performing another B move will cancel out the Unite Hand, as will blocking. You move slower the larger the hand is and you jump lower too.

Neutral B 2: Unite Sword: More or less the same idea as before, but you use the Unite Sword which has a much longer range, but a lower damage output. A neat touch is that Wonder Blue takes over the lead instead of Wonder Red.

Neutral B 3: Unite Claw: Again, similar concept, but this time, faster attack speed but lower damage. Also, I do understand that some moves will have to be changed for the custom moves, but it would be worth it, and the developers wouldn't be restricted by a release date.

Side B 1: Unite Spring: A dodge move, where you leap over enemies. Landing on an enemy does damage (similar to the drill spring), and you get put into special fall in the air.

Side B 2: Unite Gun: Fires a shot from Unite Gun. Hold the button to charge up to Unite Bazooka (I know it's not called that) which does more damage. It's just a simple projectile move.

Side B 3: Unite Boomerang: Press to throw a Boomerang that comes back to you. Moves slowly but deals multihit damage. Hold to make the Boomerang bigger. I'd say put Vorken in the lead for the move, but I'd rather he be a alternate costume.

Up B 1: Unite Rocket: Launches you high into the air with no horizontal movement. Hold down to make the Rocket bigger.

Up B 2: Unite Whip: It's a tether recovery, but the longer you charge it the further it reaches. Can be used to grab foes out of the air.

Up B 3: Unite Naginata: Spins a Naginata around, lifting you into the air, basically like the Hero's Spin, dealing damage to those around you. Charging it makes it bigger. When charging the move, aim to the side to propel yourself forward.

Down B 1: Unite Guts: A counter move just like in the game, spikes come out when attacked, dealing heavy damage.

Down B 2: Unite Hammer: Slams a Hammer right in front of you. Again, the longer you charge, the bigger it gets. This move deals the most damage out of them all.

Down B 3: Unite Bomb: Works like Link's version, except you can charge it to make it bigger, and it slows down those within its radius, dealing a small amount of damage to foes.

I think Wonder jump should be its recovery better, but other then that, nice moveset.

BlitzMaster2000

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlitzMaster9000
Theres a huge chance Wonder Red may come in since we still got a bunch load of DLC characters that Sakurai needs to think of. I think Wonder jump should be its recovery better, but other then that, nice moveset.
Thanks! I'm a big fan of the Wonderful 101, so I put a lot of thought into it, although I did rush to get my ideas down, hence the focus on special moves. I do think however, that there is room for improvement so please do suggest any more ideas. On that note, I thought that Wonder Jump would make a bit more sense as his double jump (although maybe I just wanted to get all the Unite Morphs in so I dismissed that idea when I thought of that too). Also, is it too much to hope for "The Won-stoppable 100"/"The Won-stoppable 101" to be stage music? I think it would go well with a cruise stage.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
You may count me as a supporter. Wonder Red is a really good character, and he certainly seems like he'd fit right in.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ah, @LIQUIDFGC, I've seen you at the Mewtwo threads! Welcome! You are now part of the Wonder-Mewtwo group: A special group that supports both Wonder-Red and Mewtwo and hangs out frequently in both forums. It consists of me, you, and @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy
Also, unrelated, but I'm sorry everyone over in the "Mewtwo's voice" thread is ignoring your question. I thought it was a great one.
We are?
... Hey I'm cool with that.

DokemonStudios

Smash Rookie
Considering that Bowser Jr's alternate skins are the koopalings and they each have their own sound clips. I have to say that all of the Wonderful Ones are getting in. Note: I haven't played Wonderful 101 in its fullest. I only played the demo.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Considering that Bowser Jr's alternate skins are the koopalings and they each have their own sound clips. I have to say that all of the Wonderful Ones are getting in. Note: I haven't played Wonderful 101 in its fullest. I only played the demo.
As nice as that would be, I don't think it will happen. Only Wonder-Red, Wonder-Blue, and Prince Vorkken, and possibly Wonder-Pink and Immorta, depending on how far they want to stretch it, would work. Wonder-Green's, Wonder-Yellow's, Wonder-White's, Wonder-Black's, Chewgi's, and Wonder-Goggles's builds are too unique.
However, as @ 8-peacock-8 8-peacock-8 suggested, Wonder-Director could be an Alt., assuming he'll work. It'd be a bit of a stretch, but it could work, I think.
However, I personally am not a fan of Alts. that change a character's identity, so I don't think I'd want it, even if it were possible. Maybe I'd make an exception if all the main Wonderful Ones could be Alts., along with Wonder-Goggles, but I'm not really on top of the idea, personally.

Last edited:

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Really I think it'd be alright for him to get the 7 Color Ones as color schemes, and then a Vorrken/Immorta alt color scheme as well. Honestly I think if Red got in accompanied by an Assist Trophy, it'd likely be Prince Vorrken anyway and given that Vorrken is basically his only really viable alt costume choice, I think he'd just not get one.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Potential moveset for Wonder-Red, coming up!!!

WONDER-RED HEROES IN!!!!

*Wonder-Red is facing left during the attacks' description and the left/right directions will be mirrored when facing right*

Neutral Combo (AAA)
First hit: Left punch (2%)
Second hit: Right punch (2%)
Third hit (infinite): Similar to Little Mac's (1% per hit)
Final hit (finisher): Uppercut similar to the one he does in the game's boxart (5%)

Normal Attacks
Dash attack: Pulls out his right fist while dashing. Good damage and decent knockback. (8%)
Side tilt: Pulls out his right fist, surrounded by flames. Lasts longer than expected, but has low knockback. Can be tilted (5%)
Up tilt: Performs a skyward punch with his left arm. Good juggle move against fast-fallers. (5%)
Down tilt: Downwards left hook while crouching. Decent knockback and good combo starter (5%)

Aerial Attacks
Neutral aerial: Spins around while pulling out both fist, surrounded by flames. (5% per hit)
Forward aerial: Puts fists together above his head, then does an ax-handle smash. Meteor Smash when sweetspotted. (10%)
Back aerial: Pulls out his left fist behind him, shooting a fireball from it. The fist is a sweetspot and the only part of the move dealing knockback. It is his fastest aerial. (Fist's hitbox: 8% Fireball: 5%)
Up aerial: Performs a headbutt. Has a small starting lag, but deals good knockback (10%)
Down aerial: A stall-then-fall. Lifts his right arm and punches below him while falling very quickly. Creates an explosion when it hits a platform and despite the move's nature, it cannot Meteor Smash (Punch: 5% Explosion: 20%)

Smash Attacks
Side smash: While charging, he spins his right arm just like Sonic's side smash, but with flames. Then, Wonder-Red unleashes a small explosion from his palm. Can be tilted. (8% uncharged, 18% fully charged)
Up smash: Performs the uppercut from the game's boxart while shorthopping. This smash is unusual, as charging it increases range instead of damage. (10% at any charge)
Down smash: Lifts his right fist while charging. Then, he perfoms a downward hook. Then, he does the same thing behind him with the other arm (5% per uncharged hit, 15% per fully charged hit)
Grab and Throws
Grab: Simply pulls out his left hand and grabs, nothing fancy. Has decent range and so does his running grab.
Pummel: Headbutts (1% per hit)
Forward throw: Punches the grabbed opponent in the chest. (5%)
Back throw: Grab the opponent's legs, spins and and throws, much like Mario's (10%)
Down throw: Slams the opponent with his left hand. Can meteor smash over gaps. (2%+5% if the opponent hits the ground)
Up throw: Uppercuts the opponent (5%)

Neutral Specials
Wonder Punch: Based on the Unite Punch Morph and similar to the Falcon Punch. Wonder-Red charges his right fist and unleashes a powerful punch. Chargeable, but he cannot move or shield-cancel while charging, making it difficult to land it. Can KO reliably at 50% (10% uncharged, 50% fully charged)
Gun Shot: Based on the Unite Gun Morph. If you press the B button, Wonder-Red pulls out a gun, which he can shoot with up to 6 times by pressing B again. Has unlimited range and each "bullet" has a 2-frame hitsun. Has unlimited range. If you hold B, Wonder-Red gets a second gun and will shoot a total of 12 bullets, giving more damage while sacrifing its hitstun. (2% per bullet)
Quantum Bomb: Based on the Unite Bomb Morph. Wonder-Red takes out a small bomb and punches it, allowing the bomb to travel very, very far. Once it hits anything, the bomb will blow up, but will not create an explosion and will not deal damage nor knockback. Instead, its blast radius (represented by a purple area), will slow down anyone caught in it except the stage bosses (since they're bigger than the blastzone). The time of this effect will be larger if the bomb explodes farther. (No damage)

Side Specials
Laser Whip: Based on the Unite Whip Morph. Wonder-Red takes out an energy-based whip and does a quick whip in front of him. The tip is a sweetspot and can freeze opponents. Can be slightly tilted and used as a tether recovery. (2% sourspot 10% sweetspot)
Spinning Naginata: Based on the Unify Naginata Morph. Wonder-Red takes out a naginata and spins in around at incredible speed. Can reflect projectiles. Move is performed as long as the B button is held (1% per hit)
Sword Dash: Based on the Unite Sword Morph. Wonder-Red pulls out a sword similar to Wonder-Blue's, charges and dash while slashing the sword if the hit connects with a opponent. Pressing B again after the slash adds a finisher with decent knockback. A fully charged Sword Dash deals electricity damage and the first slash activate by pressing B again instead of automatically performing it when hitting an enemy (10% uncharged 25% fully charged 10% finisher)

Up Specials
Rising Fist: Based on the game's boxart. Wonder-Red performs a flaming uppercut while gaining vertical distance. The very first hitbox is a sweetspot dealing twice the damage and knockback. (10% sourspot 20% sweetspot)
Piercing Claws: A combination of the Unite Claw and Unite Drill Morphs. Wonder-Red spins around with huge clawing devices similar to Wonder-White's. Starts on 1 out of 8 directions and can be curved. (1% per hit within a total of 12 hits)
Jet Glider: A combination of the Unite Rocket and Unite Glider Morphs. Wonder-Red activates his jet boots at maximum power, gaining great vertical distance, then his suit becomes a wingsuit, allowing him to glide. Does not deal damage and hitting him at any part of the move renders him helpless. Pressing any button during the gliding section allows Wonder-Red to fall normally. (No damage)

Down Specials
Wonder's Badge: Based on the Unite Guts Morph Wonder-Red punches his badge on his chest, making him "shine" for 30 frames. If he is his while "shining", Wonder-Red will explode, dealing damage and knockback to anyone around him, including himself (but damage and knockback are lower to him) (5% recoil damage, 15% to others)
Missile Launcher: Based on the Unite Cannon Morph. Wonder-Red takes out a huge bazooka and shoots a missile from it. the missile itself is slow, but very powerful and has high knockback. (15%)
Impact Hammer: Based on the Unite Hammer Morph. Wonder-Red takes out a giant hammer and charges it. He can (slowly) move but cannot jump while charging it. (10% uncharged, 30% fully charged)

Final Smash
Wonderful: Based on the Wonderful Forever Special Morph. Wonder-Red's face mask cover his whole face. Then, he goes to the top-center of the screen and punches his badge twice, causing it to produce a lot of energy, which is then unleashed through a powerful laser than can be tilted. Last hitboxes can OHKO. (??%)

Taunts
Side taunt: Does his "thumbs up"
Up taunt: Performs a pose similar to his official artwork.
Down taunt: Crosses his arms, wind blows his scarf.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
You know what'd be awesome? What if Wonder-Red changed CENTINEL-Suits for palette swaps? Kinda like this:

Wonder-Red-Normal

Wonder-Blue-Gains Blue's long tailcoat and zippered boots. Changes color to blue and loses his Vulcan Knuckle.

Wonder-Green-Gains Green's black-and-white undershirt and red bow tie. Also gains Green's candy satchel and belt and the overall straps. Red now wears green shorts that expose his lower leg. Changes color to green and loses his Vulcan Knuckle.

Wonder-Pink-Gains Pinks's sunglasses and dyes his hair pink-purple. The reason for his hair change is due to lack of other qualities to give Red. It's not like we can give him eyelashes or mascara or high heels like Pink. Changes color to pink and loses his Vulcan Knuckle.

Wonder-Yellow-Gains Yellow's open-bottomed shirt and long jacket. Also gains his hat and the buttons on his shirt in addition to the rolled-up sleeves and the yellow puffy fluff on his sleeves and neck. Gains Yellow's yellow stripes on his gloves. Changes color to yellow and loses his Vulcan Knuckle.

Wonder-White-Gains White's ninja garbs and black belt. He also gains Wonder-White's two-toes boots and the red stripes on them. Red gains White's headdress and the golden symbol on them along with the two long "scarfs" coming off the back of the headdress. Changes color to white. His Vulcan Knuckle change coloration to roughly match Dantenmaru and Zanjimaru. Scaled down versions of the designs on the back of Dantenmaru and Zanjimaru are emblazoned onto the back of his Vulcan Knuckle.

Wonder-Black-Gains Black's headphones and backwards hat. Also gains Black's colored beads on his visible hair spikes. Gets Black's hoodie-style coat. Changes color to black and loses his Vulcan Knuckle. Wonder-Black's Game & Watch-colored Nintendo 3DS is visible in one of his coat pockets.

Wonder-Goggles-Gains Goggles's Wonderful-styled aviator goggles and sky-blue/brown aviator jacket. Also gains Goggles's loose jeans that are stuffed into his boots and Goggles's blue-and-orange-striped white scarf. Changes his outfit and loses his Vulcan Knuckle.

I think this would be really cool. You guys?

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You know what'd be awesome? What if Wonder-Red changed CENTINEL-Suits for palette swaps? Kinda like this:

Wonder-Red-Normal

Wonder-Blue-Gains Blue's long tailcoat and zippered boots. Changes color to blue and loses his Vulcan Knuckle.

Wonder-Green-Gains Green's black-and-white undershirt and red bow tie. Also gains Green's candy satchel and belt and the overall straps. Red now wears green shorts that expose his lower leg. Changes color to green and loses his Vulcan Knuckle.

Wonder-Pink-Gains Pinks's sunglasses and dyes his hair pink-purple. The reason for his hair change is due to lack of other qualities to give Red. It's not like we can give him eyelashes or mascara or high heels like Pink. Changes color to pink and loses his Vulcan Knuckle.

Wonder-Yellow-Gains Yellow's open-bottomed shirt and long jacket. Also gains his hat and the buttons on his shirt in addition to the rolled-up sleeves and the yellow puffy fluff on his sleeves and neck. Gains Yellow's yellow stripes on his gloves. Changes color to yellow and loses his Vulcan Knuckle.

Wonder-White-Gains White's ninja garbs and black belt. He also gains Wonder-White's two-toes boots and the red stripes on them. Red gains White's headdress and the golden symbol on them along with the two long "scarfs" coming off the back of the headdress. Changes color to white. His Vulcan Knuckle change coloration to roughly match Dantenmaru and Zanjimaru. Scaled down versions of the designs on the back of Dantenmaru and Zanjimaru are emblazoned onto the back of his Vulcan Knuckle.

Wonder-Black-Gains Black's headphones and backwards hat. Also gains Black's colored beads on his visible hair spikes. Gets Black's hoodie-style coat. Changes color to black and loses his Vulcan Knuckle. Wonder-Black's Game & Watch-colored Nintendo 3DS is visible in one of his coat pockets.

Wonder-Goggles-Gains Goggles's Wonderful-styled aviator goggles and sky-blue/brown aviator jacket. Also gains Goggles's loose jeans that are stuffed into his boots and Goggles's blue-and-orange-striped white scarf. Changes his outfit and loses his Vulcan Knuckle.

I think this would be really cool. You guys?
For the last palette swap, I'd like to see either Emeritus (Red's predecessor) or Wonder-Bayonetta (that's probably the closest thing to Cereza we'll ever get in Smash IMO, because the real one is obviously too awesome for Smash and she'd be broken)

Otherwise, that's a pretty great idea, U-T!

EDIT: I just noticed that @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy liked the whole page L0L

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I honestly think the best alts would be Wonder-Director and outfitless, we have so much of the last one it wouldn't even be a surprise
I also liked the idea someone said pages ago that the Wonder-Batteries could be used as a similar mechanic to Robin's Levin Sword and tomes(I'll try to balance the best I can):
Next to Red's portrait, there is the Unite-Gauge with 10 lines, each line represents the uses of the Unite Gauge, Aerials, Smashes and Specials use it while tilts don't, uncharged Smash attacks use one, midly charged two and fully charged three, the size also changes depending on how much you charge; aerials use two of them; specials depend on the move used, Neutral-B is Unite Drill, it is a multi hit move and you can keep the opponent trapped by continuously tapping B, 2 sections in the initial hit and 1 in each subsequent hit; Side-B is Unite-Spring, it traps opponents as Red jumps having knockback similar to Link's Boomerang(not gale) if it connects in the first hits, depletes 1/10 of the gauge, will not activate helpless state but isn't recommended to use as recovery; Up-B is Wonder-Rising, it traps similar to Mac's up-b but has horizontal distance at the start and more vertical distance, depletes 2/10 of the gauge(wow, there are a lot of trapping moves); Down-B is Unite-Guts, works as a counter and has the biggest window of all counters, doesn't damage but makes the opponent flinch and stuns them for a while, if timed as a normal counter it will become Spike Guts and damage the opponent with knockback based on the move received, also damages non-attacking opponents, Guts deplets 2/10 and Spike Guts 3/10.
The gauge recovers 1/2 of each section by second, giving 20 seconds to fully recover

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
That seems like it could be needlessly overcomplicating the character. Ultimately his upper limit of potential would be lowered by having to manage an ammunition system like that, especially if all of his attacks except tilts and jabs drain it and it takes that long to restore. He'd ultimately be a lot like a worse Robin, a very front loaded character in regards to offense, who ahs to play runaway while his ammunition recharges.

It's a good mechanic in TW101 but I don't think it'd translate well to Smash.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
For the last palette swap, I'd like to see either Emeritus (Red's predecessor) or Wonder-Bayonetta (that's probably the closest thing to Cereza we'll ever get in Smash IMO, because the real one is obviously too awesome for Smash and she'd be broken)

Otherwise, that's a pretty great idea, U-T!

EDIT: I just noticed that @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy liked the whole page L0L
Thanks! I have absolutely no problem replacing the Wonder-Goggles CENTINEL-Suit. It was obvious to me that 7 of his palette swaps would be normal and Red's 6 main teammates, but I wasn't sure what to do for the last one. I could have chosen Vorkken's Vanzen Suit, Wonder-Red's (Emeritus) CENTINEL-Suit, or any of the other Wonderful Ones'. I ultimately settled on Wonder-Goggles's because he was a main character who eventually became a Wonderful One with just as much prominence as a color-coded Wonderful One, and I thought his outfit was sorta cool. It was really just a toss-up. So, therefore, I've got no problem putting in Emeritus's Suit in over it. It's just as awesome, and arguably makes more sense. Wonder-Bayonetta's Suit would be fine by me. It's a pretty sweet design. Heck, I'd put any minor Wonderful One's in that slot, even Wonder-Director's CENTINEL-Suit would be cool, who's been mentioned before. Wonder-Goggles just happened to get lucky. I guess I was in a Goggles mood that day:laugh:. Thanks for the feedback!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Thanks! I have absolutely no problem replacing the Wonder-Goggles CENTINEL-Suit. It was obvious to me that 7 of his palette swaps would be normal and Red's 6 main teammates, but I wasn't sure what to do for the last one. I could have chosen Vorkken's Vanzen Suit, Wonder-Red's (Emeritus) CENTINEL-Suit, or any of the other Wonderful Ones'. I ultimately settled on Wonder-Goggles's because he was a main character who eventually became a Wonderful One with just as much prominence as a color-coded Wonderful One, and I thought his outfit was sorta cool. It was really just a toss-up. So, therefore, I've got no problem putting in Emeritus's Suit in over it. It's just as awesome, and arguably makes more sense. Wonder-Bayonetta's Suit would be fine by me. It's a pretty sweet design. Heck, I'd put any minor Wonderful One's in that slot, even Wonder-Director's CENTINEL-Suit would be cool, who's been mentioned before. Wonder-Goggles just happened to get lucky. I guess I was in a Goggles mood that day:laugh:. Thanks for the feedback!
I also forgot Will Wedgewood

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Potential moveset for Wonder-Red, coming up!!!

WONDER-RED HEROES IN!!!!

*Wonder-Red is facing left during the attacks' description and the left/right directions will be mirrored when facing right*

Neutral Combo (AAA)
First hit: Left punch (2%)
Second hit: Right punch (2%)
Third hit (infinite): Similar to Little Mac's (1% per hit)
Final hit (finisher): Uppercut similar to the one he does in the game's boxart (5%)

Normal Attacks
Dash attack: Pulls out his right fist while dashing. Good damage and decent knockback. (8%)
Side tilt: Pulls out his right fist, surrounded by flames. Lasts longer than expected, but has low knockback. Can be tilted (5%)
Up tilt: Performs a skyward punch with his left arm. Good juggle move against fast-fallers. (5%)
Down tilt: Downwards left hook while crouching. Decent knockback and good combo starter (5%)

Aerial Attacks
Neutral aerial: Spins around while pulling out both fist, surrounded by flames. (5% per hit)
Forward aerial: Puts fists together above his head, then does an ax-handle smash. Meteor Smash when sweetspotted. (10%)
Back aerial: Pulls out his left fist behind him, shooting a fireball from it. The fist is a sweetspot and the only part of the move dealing knockback. It is his fastest aerial. (Fist's hitbox: 8% Fireball: 5%)
Up aerial: Performs a headbutt. Has a small starting lag, but deals good knockback (10%)
Down aerial: A stall-then-fall. Lifts his right arm and punches below him while falling very quickly. Creates an explosion when it hits a platform and despite the move's nature, it cannot Meteor Smash (Punch: 5% Explosion: 20%)

Smash Attacks
Side smash: While charging, he spins his right arm just like Sonic's side smash, but with flames. Then, Wonder-Red unleashes a small explosion from his palm. Can be tilted. (8% uncharged, 18% fully charged)
Up smash: Performs the uppercut from the game's boxart while shorthopping. This smash is unusual, as charging it increases range instead of damage. (10% at any charge)
Down smash: Lifts his right fist while charging. Then, he perfoms a downward hook. Then, he does the same thing behind him with the other arm (5% per uncharged hit, 15% per fully charged hit)
Grab and Throws
Grab: Simply pulls out his left hand and grabs, nothing fancy. Has decent range and so does his running grab.
Pummel: Headbutts (1% per hit)
Forward throw: Punches the grabbed opponent in the chest. (5%)
Back throw: Grab the opponent's legs, spins and and throws, much like Mario's (10%)
Down throw: Slams the opponent with his left hand. Can meteor smash over gaps. (2%+5% if the opponent hits the ground)
Up throw: Uppercuts the opponent (5%)

Neutral Specials
Wonder Punch: Based on the Unite Punch Morph and similar to the Falcon Punch. Wonder-Red charges his right fist and unleashes a powerful punch. Chargeable, but he cannot move or shield-cancel while charging, making it difficult to land it. Can KO reliably at 50% (10% uncharged, 50% fully charged)
Gun Shot: Based on the Unite Gun Morph. If you press the B button, Wonder-Red pulls out a gun, which he can shoot with up to 6 times by pressing B again. Has unlimited range and each "bullet" has a 2-frame hitsun. Has unlimited range. If you hold B, Wonder-Red gets a second gun and will shoot a total of 12 bullets, giving more damage while sacrifing its hitstun. (2% per bullet)
Quantum Bomb: Based on the Unite Bomb Morph. Wonder-Red takes out a small bomb and punches it, allowing the bomb to travel very, very far. Once it hits anything, the bomb will blow up, but will not create an explosion and will not deal damage nor knockback. Instead, its blast radius (represented by a purple area), will slow down anyone caught in it except the stage bosses (since they're bigger than the blastzone). The time of this effect will be larger if the bomb explodes farther. (No damage)

Side Specials
Laser Whip: Based on the Unite Whip Morph. Wonder-Red takes out an energy-based whip and does a quick whip in front of him. The tip is a sweetspot and can freeze opponents. Can be slightly tilted and used as a tether recovery. (2% sourspot 10% sweetspot)
Spinning Naginata: Based on the Unify Naginata Morph. Wonder-Red takes out a naginata and spins in around at incredible speed. Can reflect projectiles. Move is performed as long as the B button is held (1% per hit)
Sword Dash: Based on the Unite Sword Morph. Wonder-Red pulls out a sword similar to Wonder-Blue's, charges and dash while slashing the sword if the hit connects with a opponent. Pressing B again after the slash adds a finisher with decent knockback. A fully charged Sword Dash deals electricity damage and the first slash activate by pressing B again instead of automatically performing it when hitting an enemy (10% uncharged 25% fully charged 10% finisher)

Up Specials
Rising Fist: Based on the game's boxart. Wonder-Red performs a flaming uppercut while gaining vertical distance. The very first hitbox is a sweetspot dealing twice the damage and knockback. (10% sourspot 20% sweetspot)
Piercing Claws: A combination of the Unite Claw and Unite Drill Morphs. Wonder-Red spins around with huge clawing devices similar to Wonder-White's. Starts on 1 out of 8 directions and can be curved. (1% per hit within a total of 12 hits)
Jet Glider: A combination of the Unite Rocket and Unite Glider Morphs. Wonder-Red activates his jet boots at maximum power, gaining great vertical distance, then his suit becomes a wingsuit, allowing him to glide. Does not deal damage and hitting him at any part of the move renders him helpless. Pressing any button during the gliding section allows Wonder-Red to fall normally. (No damage)

Down Specials
Wonder's Badge: Based on the Unite Guts Morph Wonder-Red punches his badge on his chest, making him "shine" for 30 frames. If he is his while "shining", Wonder-Red will explode, dealing damage and knockback to anyone around him, including himself (but damage and knockback are lower to him) (5% recoil damage, 15% to others)
Missile Launcher: Based on the Unite Cannon Morph. Wonder-Red takes out a huge bazooka and shoots a missile from it. the missile itself is slow, but very powerful and has high knockback. (15%)
Impact Hammer: Based on the Unite Hammer Morph. Wonder-Red takes out a giant hammer and charges it. He can (slowly) move but cannot jump while charging it. (10% uncharged, 30% fully charged)

Final Smash
Wonderful: Based on the Wonderful Forever Special Morph. Wonder-Red's face mask cover his whole face. Then, he goes to the top-center of the screen and punches his badge twice, causing it to produce a lot of energy, which is then unleashed through a powerful laser than can be tilted. Last hitboxes can OHKO. (??%)

Taunts
Side taunt: Does his "thumbs up"
Up taunt: Performs a pose similar to his official artwork.
Down taunt: Crosses his arms, wind blows his scarf.

Updating OP with those new movesets! :D

Sorry for being late again. I've been busy. lol

You may count me as a supporter. Wonder Red is a really good character, and he certainly seems like he'd fit right in.
Added!

Jaden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jadenthemerle
3DS FC
2664-2123-0479
I've supported Wonder-Red since such a long time ago...jeez, that was like, when I first got W101. I thought it'd be so cool for Red to be in Smash. Maybe I'll try to come up with a complete moveset, since I've had a ton of different ideas.

So if there's any kind of supporter list, I'd love to be on that thing.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I've supported Wonder-Red since such a long time ago...jeez, that was like, when I first got W101. I thought it'd be so cool for Red to be in Smash. Maybe I'll try to come up with a complete moveset, since I've had a ton of different ideas.

So if there's any kind of supporter list, I'd love to be on that thing.
Welcome to the Wonder Ones!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So i made this when the template was uploaded here a while back.

http://imgur.com/BI1dhYA
Naming it "Kamiya Pack" would be better because we could put Viewtiful Joe in there(as a Red clone or let's just use Wonder-Blue and call it a day)
Btw, the reaction to a Wonder-Blue confirmation would be the best "What? Yet another sexy blue-haired swordsman"

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
So i made this when the template was uploaded here a while back.

http://imgur.com/BI1dhYA
Where did you get this template? I think I need it to complete my life...
Naming it "Kamiya Pack" would be better because we could put Viewtiful Joe in there(as a Red clone or let's just use Wonder-Blue and call it a day)
Btw, the reaction to a Wonder-Blue confirmation would be the best "What? Yet another sexy blue-haired swordsman"
Well, there's only one blue-haired swordsman right now: Ike. The other two are swordswomen...:p
Plus, Wonder-Blue's hair is really more of a silvery color, with blue highlights.
Using other Wonderful ones as alts. is a pretty good idea, as long as the moveset uses their canon weapons for each attack.
I'm not opposed to this, but how would you make it work? I mean, the only character in The Wonderful 101 that reliably matches Wonder-Red's build is Prince Vorkken. Some of the other characters might work, depending on how far they want to stretch the limits, but characters like Wonder-Black, Wonder-Green, and Wonder-Yellow would never work without modifying hitboxes, at least as far as I can tell. I'm just curious as to if you know of a way to work around that without losing the characters proportions.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm not opposed to this, but how would you make it work? I mean, the only character in The Wonderful 101 that reliably matches Wonder-Red's build is Prince Vorkken. Some of the other characters might work, depending on how far they want to stretch the limits, but characters like Wonder-Black, Wonder-Green, and Wonder-Yellow would never work without modifying hitboxes, at least as far as I can tell. I'm just curious as to if you know of a way to work around that without losing the characters proportions.
You have a good point about the hitboxes.
Maybe just have the characters of the Wonderful ones as temporary attacks.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Where did you get this template? I think I need it to complete my life...

Well, there's only one blue-haired swordsman right now: Ike. The other two are swordswomen...:p
Plus, Wonder-Blue's hair is really more of a silvery color, with blue highlights.

Maybe just color changes...

TheTaoDragon

Smash Apprentice
I've always wanted to create a moveset.
This is my first attempt. Enjoy.
...I did my best.

Neutral B: Unite Hand

-NOT AN ATTACK. It’s only used to charge the hand and increase power and range. Takes 10 second to reach full charge and has a 1.7 attack power boost at full charge. Powers up Wonder-Red’s other specials, grabs (ledge grab included) and 3-hit jab combo. In Kirby’s case, powers up the jab and F-Smash. A charged Unite Hand breaks if Red takes multiple hits, so you need to be careful. The increased range should help to compensate though. Also increases weight (in terms of falling speed) and reduces speed by 0.5 at full charge. Has a 15 second cooldown time.

Side B: Wonderful Stinger

-Works akin to Ganondorf’s custom Flame Chain. Less startup time, but less range is covered. Benefits greatly from a charged up Unite Hand from a recovery standpoint. It’s a multi-hit attack that deals 3% per hit uncharged by Neutral B and has 4 hits, each being delayed. Can grab ledges through this move, hence why Unite Hand is so useful.

Up B: Wonderful Rising

-Works like Little Mac’s recovery, but goes slightly higher. Again, this benefits greatly from a charged Unite Hand. Does 15 damage without a charged Unite Hand. Ledge Grab increased depending on Unite Hand charge, which therefore helps with this move as a recovery.

Down B: Wonderful Cyclone

-Trapping move. High startup time, but is a multi-hit move with 2 hits and 10 damage per hit uncharged. Does NOT rise like the Luigi Cyclone/Doctor Tornado

Jab Combo: Punch, Uppercut, Downwards Hook

-Self explanatory. Boosted by Unite Hand. Punch does 2% uncharged, Uppercut 4% uncharged, and Down Hook 6% uncharged with a meteor effect if a Unite Hand is fully charged.

Smashes and Tilts are NOT boosted by Unite Hand. Instead, the more you charge your Smash Attack, the bigger the weapon or projectile gets. There’s a catch, though: The total charge time is longer (like the Hyper Smasher custom effect) and the startup time is longer the more you charge.

F-Smash: Unite Sword

-Increases in range and attack power as it is charged, with the maximum length being that of two Ganondorfs. Does 15% uncharged, 22% charged

U-Smash: Unite Whip

-Works like ZSS’s Plasma Wire from Brawl. Pulls down people caught in it at the tip (Heart shaped like in W101). Does 12% uncharged, 19% charged

D-Smash: Unite Hammer

-This has INSANELY long startup time, but buries people hit by the hammer and creates a shockwave if it hits the ground. Hammer, uncharged, does 20% on direct hit uncharged, with 25% charged, while the shockwave does 10% damage on an uncharged smash attack, and 12% if it was spawned by a fully charged smash attack.

D-Tilt: Valiantium Blade Poke

-Like Lucina’s D-Tilt. Does 7%.

F-Tilt: Dantemaru and Zanjimaru (Wonder White’s Claws)

-Able to be rapidly spammed, but limited range. 2% per hit.

U-Tilt: Time Bomb

-Red throws one of Wonder-Black’s Time Bombs upward. If it connects, the opponent takes 5% damage, is knocked back slightly, and is slowed down for 1.5 seconds like the effects of a timer item.

With that done, what do you guys think?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I've always wanted to create a moveset.
This is my first attempt. Enjoy.
...I did my best.

Neutral B: Unite Hand

-NOT AN ATTACK. It’s only used to charge the hand and increase power and range. Takes 10 second to reach full charge and has a 1.7 attack power boost at full charge. Powers up Wonder-Red’s other specials, grabs (ledge grab included) and 3-hit jab combo. In Kirby’s case, powers up the jab and F-Smash. A charged Unite Hand breaks if Red takes multiple hits, so you need to be careful. The increased range should help to compensate though. Also increases weight (in terms of falling speed) and reduces speed by 0.5 at full charge. Has a 15 second cooldown time.

Side B: Wonderful Stinger

-Works akin to Ganondorf’s custom Flame Chain. Less startup time, but less range is covered. Benefits greatly from a charged up Unite Hand from a recovery standpoint. It’s a multi-hit attack that deals 3% per hit uncharged by Neutral B and has 4 hits, each being delayed. Can grab ledges through this move, hence why Unite Hand is so useful.

Up B: Wonderful Rising

-Works like Little Mac’s recovery, but goes slightly higher. Again, this benefits greatly from a charged Unite Hand. Does 15 damage without a charged Unite Hand. Ledge Grab increased depending on Unite Hand charge, which therefore helps with this move as a recovery.

Down B: Wonderful Cyclone

-Trapping move. High startup time, but is a multi-hit move with 2 hits and 10 damage per hit uncharged. Does NOT rise like the Luigi Cyclone/Doctor Tornado

Jab Combo: Punch, Uppercut, Downwards Hook

-Self explanatory. Boosted by Unite Hand. Punch does 2% uncharged, Uppercut 4% uncharged, and Down Hook 6% uncharged with a meteor effect if a Unite Hand is fully charged.

Smashes and Tilts are NOT boosted by Unite Hand. Instead, the more you charge your Smash Attack, the bigger the weapon or projectile gets. There’s a catch, though: The total charge time is longer (like the Hyper Smasher custom effect) and the startup time is longer the more you charge.

F-Smash: Unite Sword

-Increases in range and attack power as it is charged, with the maximum length being that of two Ganondorfs. Does 15% uncharged, 22% charged

U-Smash: Unite Whip

-Works like ZSS’s Plasma Wire from Brawl. Pulls down people caught in it at the tip (Heart shaped like in W101). Does 12% uncharged, 19% charged

D-Smash: Unite Hammer

-This has INSANELY long startup time, but buries people hit by the hammer and creates a shockwave if it hits the ground. Hammer, uncharged, does 20% on direct hit uncharged, with 25% charged, while the shockwave does 10% damage on an uncharged smash attack, and 12% if it was spawned by a fully charged smash attack.

D-Tilt: Valiantium Blade Poke

-Like Lucina’s D-Tilt. Does 7%.

F-Tilt: Dantemaru and Zanjimaru (Wonder White’s Claws)

-Able to be rapidly spammed, but limited range. 2% per hit.

U-Tilt: Time Bomb

-Red throws one of Wonder-Black’s Time Bombs upward. If it connects, the opponent takes 5% damage, is knocked back slightly, and is slowed down for 1.5 seconds like the effects of a timer item.

With that done, what do you guys think?
Not bad at all, great idea with the Unite Hand, but it feels a little clone-ish and I would've kept the other Wonderful Ones's weapons as specials or at least gave more moves related to his punches.

It's still a very good moveset though.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If it's a Wonder Red moveset, I would just focus on using his Unite Hand, rather than forcing in attacks from other Wonderful Ones. But that might just be me.

I like the idea of the charging hand. Works really nicely and seems like it would be really unique.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If it's a Wonder Red moveset, I would just focus on using his Unite Hand, rather than forcing in attacks from other Wonderful Ones. But that might just be me.

I like the idea of the charging hand. Works really nicely and seems like it would be really unique.
thats what id go for to it makes more sense

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
0_0 I don't know if you guys have seen this article, but it's one heck of an interesting read. I'm far more pleased with how the the game came out in the end, but I still like this article! It's pretty long, but I still recommend reading it. It's just too good!
Prepare yourselves...
I find the most interesting concepts to be the extra core Wonderful Ones, the ones that were later removed or reworked. I'm actually fairly certain Wonder-Orange was reworked into Wonder-Pâtissèrie, but I'd have to check up on that one. Besides, if we got Wonder-Pâtissèrie as Wonder-Orange, we might not have gotten Wonder-Goggles, and I loved him. Unite Goggles was so much fun to use.
And, ya know, speaking of character concepts, if they ever make a sequel to The Wonderful 101, I'd love to see Prince Vorkken become Wonder-Purple, Chewgi become Wonder-Brown, and Wonder-Goggles get promoted to Wonder-Orange. But, I digress.
Anyway, what do you guys think of this article?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We tried to make it possible to join your own mii with TW100 as a hero. We hope we can do it in TW102.
And the teasing begins

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
We tried to make it possible to join your own mii with TW100 as a hero. We hope we can do it in TW102.
And the teasing begins
If your Mii could join, I'd hope you'd be able to choose stuff like your Mii's title, sub-title, and clothing. Maybe even grant the ability to change minor things like hairstyle or your mouth to further distinguish your Wonder persona from your Mii. Selecting the Unite Morph your Mii uses is basically a given, but I wonder if you would be able to apply special elements or attributes to your Unite Morph. Like a flaming Unite Whip or a frigid Unite Hammer. I guess I'm just really curious as to how this whole thing would go down in general.

D

Deleted member

If your Mii could join, I'd hope you'd be able to choose stuff like your Mii's title, sub-title, and clothing. Maybe even grant the ability to change minor things like hairstyle or your mouth to further distinguish your Wonder persona from your Mii. Selecting the Unite Morph your Mii uses is basically a given, but I wonder if you would be able to apply special elements or attributes to your Unite Morph. Like a flaming Unite Whip or a frigid Unite Hammer. I guess I'm just really curious as to how this whole thing would go down in general.
Hopefully we get a sequel with this feature, I would call mine Wonder-Illusion inb4 there is already a Wonder-Illusion and I didn't find him/her

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
ENGAGING UNLIMITED HYPE!
This is WONDERFUL! The Wonderful 101 is now repped by 2 songs, and one in each version, no less! That, and they've got a minimum of 7 trophies in the Wii U version! I'm surprised they don't have a stage representing them! At this point, I think it's highly likely for Wonder-Red to get added as DLC, seeing as they nearly have the same level of representation Animal Crossing had in Brawl. Maybe we'll even get a stage from The Wonderful 101 in the DLC Wonder-Red comes in, if we get him. I loved this song! It perfectly set the mood for Operation 001-A, as well as the rest of the game as a whole. It's just so heroic sounding!

And, no, I wouldn't consider that a double post. It was relevant, important information, and it had been a few days since you last posted. By the way, do you know what stage that song plays on? I'm eager to know what stage I'm going to be playing on a lot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

ENGAGING UNLIMITED HYPE!
This is WONDERFUL! The Wonderful 101 is now repped by 2 songs, and one in each version, no less! That, and they've got a minimum of 7 trophies in the Wii U version! I'm surprised they don't have a stage representing them! At this point, I think it's highly likely for Wonder-Red to get added as DLC, seeing as they nearly have the same level of representation Animal Crossing had in Brawl. Maybe we'll even get a stage from The Wonderful 101 in the DLC Wonder-Red comes in, if we get him. I loved this song! It perfectly set the mood for Operation 001-A, as well as the rest of the game as a whole. It's just so heroic sounding!

And, no, I wouldn't consider that a double post. It was relevant, important information, and it had been a few days since you last posted. By the way, do you know what stage that song plays on? I'm eager to know what stage I'm going to be playing on a lot.
No, I don't know where it plays on or how it was confirmed, but apparently it was on some youtuber's song list.
What do you mean by one in each version btw?
Also, I wouldn't call nearly Brwal AC representation, AC had trophies, an AT, a Stage and tons of music.
And finally, I think this will either play on Onett or another "city" based stage(probably not Wrecking Crew since it's a retro stage with only retro music so far), are there any other city based stages(excluding the AC ones because I don't think it would fit on them), PUNCH PUNCH MARCH! for the Boxing Ring and Vorkken's Last Stand on Lylat Cruise/Orbital Gate Assault(cause they're on space ships)

TheTaoDragon

Smash Apprentice

Sorry I'm late, I had other business to attend to!
Anyway, I understand what you mean with "forcing in attacks from other Wonderful Ones". It's just that I wanted to rep as many Unite Morphs as possible, so I decided to make it a sort of "Kumatora taught Lucas his moves" scenario.
Just felt I should address this.

Top Bottom