• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UndrWorld - A Pit Demonstration Video *New Format and UndrWorld Part 4 Released!*

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Eventually they will be added to the original video as a version 2 (UndrWorld v2) once I'm convinced there isn't much more to add. This of course would include music just like the first release has.

1) Nothing special really. I suppose just practicing it in a stress free environment will help you gain a better understanding of the move itself. The horizontal movement is the same. It really has to do with your initial input at the start-up of the move. Also momentum can play a role in your speed during Wings of Icarus as you can see in my FF-Wings example in the first UndrWorld video where I fall dramatically to go under the stage.

2) Arrow Blitzing doesn't take much effort once you get the idea. Just shoot a few arrows straight into the air, then follow it up with a arrow that loops 180 degrees back to the ground. The rest should follow suit.

As for ****** I'm not too keen on the idea of Pit using it. ****** is slow and relies on range to catch opponents. And as we know with Pit, advancing on an opponent with a Bair is very dangerous and I don't want new Pit players to start relying on this tactic. However I do intend on introducing it into the final project in some fashion. I've been including some rather useless tidbits as it is. lol

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Umm I think I'll call it the follow up technique. (Follow up because it should be used when edgeguarding, plus the up b reference in the name for it to be user friendly). But really I dont know if me finding it should automatically give me privileged for a name. This is just my idea, so if people dont think its good, dont be afraid to argue.

Edit: I have to disagree on the statement that bair is a bad approach. It really depends on how you use it. If you try to hit them with the sweet spot then yeah its a bad idea. But if you do the attack earlier (since the move sticks out a bit like a sex kick) then if you hit you can go into a forward smash, its very low landing lag makes this very possible. Plus if they shield then the forward smash will push them away so they cant shield grab. I'll go find a vid to show the bair to forward smash

@55-56 is a good example of bair to forward smash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I9K9Slur2A

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
I can see what he's saying for a straight up forward rush tactic...Pit should never be approaching someone head on like that without firing a few arrows first or mind gaming them into an attack, but I eman more as a continued rush off the edge.

Pit certainly has enough jumps to launch someone off with a FAir, then Reverse Aerial Rush into a few BAirs to knock the opponent out. When they are recovering, they'll have less time to think of a way to push back your assault and you'll have a better chance at connecting with a better kill move. But every fight is different.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
When I get home, i'll post videos of how i apply this (sunday night), I've found a way to make it useful. Basically when you hit them up and diagonal, then you can do this to hit them when they are high up, also you have the rest of your jumps to continue to harass them in the air.

Ronin71

Smash Rookie
wow im so behind... tip my hat to underdog, sage, and rhy.. my pit is new and lil spammy but ill get better w/ these threads and vids. thanks guys

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
More brilliant techniques for my Pit to learn. I'll try all of them and see which ones have plenty of room to be used on the battlefield.

Manu

Smash Cadet
I've seen the tech Sage posted performed by the man himself. Right now it makes Pit a monster edgeguarder. Honestly, he can fly of the stage farther then Jiggly with higher priority moves. Only thing that a pit would have to watch out for is opponents with spikes when approaching with this.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Oh I found out another application for this technique. Besides being able to hit your opponent. I guess you can also footstool jump them also O_o;; yeah. Small find but i can see it being useful for opponents like ganon or someone that comes in slow from below. ALSO I guess theres a little lag time between the jump and up b, so get your timing down :)

@manu thanks :). You dont really have to watch out for spikes. As long as its not DK or someone who has a spike that hits in front of them, you will be approaching from the side and out of range for the spike. Plus pits forward air comes out faster than forward air spikes.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I've been able to incorporate it in some of my matches I played today. They'll be online within a day or so.

ANYWAY! Big update! Well not really. Anyway UndrWorld 2 is up. This is just the final compilation of all that I've added so far. And yes, with music. A different track for each add-on as well. No, nothing new but it's more compiled now anyway.

Find the link in the first post! Well, when YouTube lets me anyway. >_<

sagemoon

Smash Lord
So you're sticking with the name wing refreshing or did you not see my post where i suggested calling it the follow up. I don't care what its called really lol

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Whoops, I just copied and pasted. I'll go amend it right now. ^_^ Can I call it the Wing Follow Up? Everything else in the list starts with Wing. lol

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Very well put together, even for something as simple as that.

Couple questions guys. I was thinking of what I should include in my next edition of UndrWorld. So many things pop up for Pit, and their are even some old things to include! >_< Here's what I got thus far...

Wing Refreshing (Infinite)
Absolute Defense
Arrow Swarming
RAP
Arrow Ring application.
GlideHopping
Arrow Guiding 2 (Arrows riding on top of Green Hill Zone from start to end.)

That's a lot of stuff compared to my last contributions to the project. Anything else I should add?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I made a goof. Wing Refreshing is what Rhy found. That jumping between Up-Bs refreshes your wings so that they never sputter out. Wing Renewal would be touching the ground within the Wings of Icarus in order to get a new set of recovery options.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
jumping between up bs just makes the time between the up bs longer therefor making you get it back. you could technically use up b, fall a bit and use it again and get the full effect. Jumping is just stalling for time for the deterioration effect to go away.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Very well put together, even for something as simple as that.

Couple questions guys. I was thinking of what I should include in my next edition of UndrWorld. So many things pop up for Pit, and their are even some old things to include! >_< Here's what I got thus far...

Wing Refreshing (Infinite)
Absolute Defense
Arrow Swarming
RAP
Arrow Ring application.
GlideHopping
Arrow Guiding 2 (Arrows riding on top of Green Hill Zone from start to end.)

That's a lot of stuff compared to my last contributions to the project. Anything else I should add?
What's RAP and Arrow Ring? Is absolute defense the mirror shield blocking regular attacks? I think you showed that in your first video.

It looks like you have everything significant covered for your next update. All I can possibly think of, and these might not even be worth it, are the...

D-tilt meteor
D-throw to U-air Combo
Glide Attack Combo (The true combo where training mode registers it as consecutive hits)
Side-B damage dependent wind (Wind pushes someone at 999% much farther then someone at 0%)
Up-tilt avoidance (During the move Pit can avoid low attacks like most D-tilts and the Ice Climbers Ice Shot)
Up-B attack priority (The initiation of the Up-B on the ground has enough priority to cancel jab attacks)

jumping between up bs just makes the time between the up bs longer therefor making you get it back. you could technically use up b, fall a bit and use it again and get the full effect. Jumping is just stalling for time for the deterioration effect to go away.
I have to say I'm sorry to UndrDog. Sagemoon is right, I did more tests and Wing Fatique is completely real. The Up-B has a recharge timer that determines how far it can go.

This can be tested by doing the plain old up-B on the ground and going up as high as you can.

1. Stand on the ground and use Up-B, continue holding up and record how high you go.

2. Stand on the same spot and use Up-B, cancel it right away, land, and try using Up-B again while holding up. Compare this height with "1."

The way I used a midair jump to create the infinite doesn't even fully restore all of the flight, it only gives the up-B little more height to be able to cancel and use the up-B before touching the ground.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
RAP would be Reverse Aerial Positioning. I'm refusing to call it Reverse Aerial Rush simply because it's a stupid name. Plus verbally saying Rarring just sounds awful.

LOL Arrow Ring... I meant to say Angel Ring... Heh heh...

D-tilt meteor
~You know I've never done this. Ever. I'll have to play around with it.

D-throw to U-air Combo
~I was going to throw that into a different project. More of a combo video of sorts.

Glide Attack Combo (The true combo where training mode registers it as consecutive hits)
~Same as D-Throw to U-Air Combo. However I think I'll put it into both projects.

Side-B damage dependent wind (Wind pushes someone at 999% much farther then someone at 0%)
~This will be dealt with in Angel Ring applications. lol

Up-tilt avoidance (During the move Palutena's ***** can avoid low attacks like most D-tilts and the Ice Cream Man Ice Shot)
~Yeah Jasona and I got into a bit of a skirmish over whether Pit could avoid low attacks like that when I first discovered this by mistake. I suppose throwing it in the vid would be a fun slap in the face. ^_^

Up-B attack priority (The initiation of the Up-B on the ground has enough priority to cancel jab attacks)
~Now I didn't even know this. This will definitely make it's way in!

Thanks Rhy! Lots more stuff to throw in!

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
New Adv. Tech, Wing Pivot! MUST SEE!

Um, you do realize that RAP would be said as ******, or rapping. >_<

I’ve stumbled across something that has drastically increased the effectiveness of my edgeguarding. Before I go into its amazing application, I first have to explain what it is, and how to do it.

Normally when you try doing a B-air out of the Icarus Wings, you end up doing a F-air in the opposite direction. By doing a pivot motion, you can do the B-air.

If you’re facing right while in up-B, tap left, right, then A in rapid fashion.

What’s so useful about this? Well, by utilizing this with Wing Renewal you can use the B-air with more precision, and from a much greater distance from the ledge then you could before!

I wasn't sure this was worth it's own thread, but this definitely chould be in your video.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
It'll be added. I'm dying to try this out.

And I call it Rapping... lol

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'll try that too as well. More techniques, more ownage. And the meteor works, though I dont think it will work on human players, considering that they wont stay on the edge when you're close by. Or will they?

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
And the meteor works, though I dont think it will work on human players, considering that they wont stay on the edge when you're close by. Or will they?
The meteor tends to be fairly useable on some of the common counterpick maps that players can jump through the main platform at you. I've successfully used it on pikmans level and metaknights. As for edgegaurding unless you really luck out I don't see it being very practical but if they are coming through the platform you are standing on its not even that difficult to hit.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
In my mind I'm playing through the idea of doing it out of Pit's Mirror shield. I've randomly put up Pit's Mirror Shield while my opponent is on the edge. Every time I did it he hesitated from what I assume was confusion. As if I might know something he doesn't. I doubt it will work all the time, but it would be nice to see if there are many moves that can be done from the Mirror Shield. Thing is I don't remember how long it takes to put it away. It's probably to slow to pull a Mirror Shield - D-Tilt.

And yes, I can see this being very useful on Delfino Plaza, Smashville, Norfair and other stages like them.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Against a ledge hop attack, (letting go of the ledge, attacking and grabbing again) you can block them with the shield, then drop it and use the D-tilt for a meteor smash. This can work against characters that use a single hit aerial.

EDIT: I remembered one more thing to think about putting in you video, the Mirror Shield super armor.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I have that covered as Absolute Defense. But I think the term you used is better.

And darn my luck, Samus' Fair is a multi-hit.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
OH btw for anyone having trouble vs metaknight, just know that his up b glide attack can be reversed SO far. I hated that attack because he glides so slowly but it comes out so fast that it has more range and priority than all pits moves. However If you mirror it, he dies even if hes like on 1/4 of the stage XD. So yeah. Just jump up and reflect it to counter that move ^_^.

Also if you ever see ike ledge hop, mirror right away. He only has like 1 move he can do to get up on the ledge thats not punishable (the side b) and yeah. It kinda reflects it. If he does a normal attack, just punish him for the landing lag.

Just random information that involves mirroring stuffs.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
yeah i've already been working with wing pivoting. The only problem I see with it, is that it doesnt have as much range as the lunge fair. If your opponent isnt air dodgeing or attacking, a wing pivot could be used to attack. However the fair has less lag time and even if they air dodge it, you can follow them down with a bair

Edit: sorry about the double post...

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah reflecting physical attacks are something I want to personally work on. I do so occasionally to Jasona's jabs to make it harder for him to constantly jab me. Any advice on that subject?

sagemoon

Smash Lord
umm... use anticipation skills or look for patterns is all i have. Oh btw you can reflect samus' up b and she wont grab the ledge if you do it right. Although i wonder if a reflect to meteor is possible? I cant do the meteor all that well so i dont know. But when you reflect the up be samus is just there for a couple seconds to do w/e you want like f-smash or something.

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
does anyone know what happens on ike's up b vs mirror shield? cuz the up+b stall is annoying sometimes.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I never use the Mirror Shield against physical attacks that aren't recovery moves. The lag of putting the shield away usually prevents me from capitalizing on the reflection. If I have the reaction to mirror reflect, I try to powershield instead. Now that I think about it though, reflecting would allow you to take advantage of multi-hit moves when powershielding couldn't. This calls for testing.

kupo15

Smash Hero
The down throw to up air is a great combo but I wouldn't put my money on it all the time. I play with my friends who has suffered from that combo and now they always air dodge it which gets annoying. But I guess it is a good mindgames because you can wait a split sec for the end of the air dodge. They won't know whether to immediately air dodge or wait.
I also love the Mirror Shield but I hate the lag of putting it away and that you get pushed back while using it. It puts you slightly out of attack range.

It would be great if we can figure out how to arrow cancel like the two Links can do. I'm trying to find a way.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
does anyone know what happens on ike's up b vs mirror shield? cuz the up+b stall is annoying sometimes.
if he up b on the ledge then you reverse him and he catches the ledge again. There was once where my opponent died. But I think thats because he was still holding right (he was on the right ledge) but yeah its pointless. I normally just wait for them to try and get on the ledge and run in with a shield (not mirror lol) and forward smash out of that.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
He's never caught the edge after I've done it to him. It throws his sword far away from the stage and he chases after it.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah, granted I've only played one Ike on two separate occasions. Was what I was doing a fluke? lol

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Itburns showed me how to actually do Wing Canceling. If you short hop and immediately use up-B, then if you use D-air during the initial extra bright light that appears in the beginning, you'll land with no lag. You get the push affect, but nothing else, and it's still a little too slow and vulnerable to be useful.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I was under the impression that this was auto-canceling in the videos he shown. The SHWoIDair (Short Hop Wings of Icarus Down Air (actually works as a word too. lol) just happens to end just as it ends the ground making it auto-cancel.

Seriously though, say SHWoI in a early 90's surfer accent.

Top Bottom