• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Undertale Mafia, 13 man! Game over! Town wins!

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary : What good points, and why does that make him town? What points in my case were a reach, tell me so I can have a better understanding.
Points 4-6 in your case are reaching. For instance, Gheb commenting on Spak in RVS does not mean he has a 'fake read'.

You do make some points that are interesting, like Gheb's read on Joey changing, but I don't know if that's enough to justify a scum read.

In terms of Gheb being townie, for instance in his #644 he asks people to explain why they were on the Rake waggon, in my opinion it seems more likely that Gheb wants people to explain themselves (townie) than he is looking for someone to mislynch (scummy).

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
The bolded I still question though from you since I do think how you and Gheb want to lynch Spak is he is not scummy but rather he is playing "bad"

I rather see towny effect even if it seems to be not the best and focused on things I don't think would lead to scum itself with Spak.
Saying that 'I wanted to lynch Spak', is like saying 'I wanted to lynch Maven'. The only reason I wanted them dead is because I don't want them alive in Lylo.

The one thing that bothers me about Spak is that he seems to just be tunneled in on my slot. If that continues to be the only thing he's focused on then I would have to question if he's taking this game seriously. Other than that I have no problem with him.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Sorry for the inactivity guys, I was almost rid of bronchitis and then my cyclic neutropenia kicked in to give me a rough time. I'm reading up now.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Okay sup everyone, first mafia game in probably 2+ years, but I'm by no means a slouch. That, and I'm an absolute fanatic of Undertale. My original intent was to come into D Games again and host an Undertale mafia until I saw this one, so I signed up to replace. Maybe I'll host another UT mafia when this is done, I have some neat ideas.

Mod: I'd like to request that you please update the player list in the OP so I can make sure all of the replacements are correct

Going over the reveals so far...

Town NPC Doggo died. K. cool.

We chose to lynch KP Joey. He was Chara, independent. Had like a million powers lol, sucks for him that he got off'd day 1. I'm personally ignoring all of the Grillby flavor text. It's not important since it's behind the spoiler, and is just for game flavor.

As for Chara's role... Survivor means they won if they remained at Game End right? I can't find out via searching what an Emperor is, and I don't remember. Can someone refresh my memory on that?

Then noooooooo Papyrus died. Urg my favorite character.

Something to note here, or at least that I did, is that we can (likely) match flavor characters to alignment unlike some games. However, we still don't have a general idea on who the mafia necessarily is. Maybe like a Flowey/Asriel/something sort of deal? idk exactly, just something on my mind since I love UT flavor lol

Anywayyyy

I also haven't seen a vote spread for a few pages. Lets get one of those:

Mod: Request votes

Someone wanna catch me up on some key points of the game and what we've learned so far from interactions? How did the lynching on D1 go?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
It's not Gheb, Ran, or Sang and J hadn't posted a response to Gheb at that point: so blow me. If you really think I've got a good idea of who scum is in Koopa/Spak/Ryu/Glyph, I'm gonna disappoint you. I don't have time for that.

I'm not reading J posts tonight, I worked 12 hours because Flash ****ed Dentrix.

Real? You wouldn't bother asking if you didn't think you wanted people to do it.
sure i would. It's called feeling an idea out. i didnt care one way or another because if i never talked about it and someone claimed a robot flavor i could use that as a discussion of my information

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Vote: Kary

I will be clear and start this by saying I'm using this mostly to pressure Kary more, as I don't feel that my scum read on her is as solid as it was previously, unfortunately. The recent back and forth between J and Kary looks worse for Kary, in my opinion, as it doesn't really address any of the concerns that I had with her. I also get the feeling that she's really just talking to defend herself and not really to further her read on J or to push him more. I can't really explain it, but Kary's responses just seem... lackluster to me. Since this has little chance of actually being SvS, I am attempting to keep an open mind. The more I think about it the more I can see a possibility of J being scum; maybe not fully, but it has dropped my town read on him lower. That being said, my previous points still stand against Kary, and I do think that her play for much of this game lacks town-intent.

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary - You've probably already said this and I apologize if you have, but who are your scum reads outside of J? Why? Could you elaborate anymore on your reasonings to voting J/how his responses affect your view of him?

@Jdietz43 - Since we seem to be on opposing sides/viewpoints here, talk to me. Why do you think J is more likely to be scum over Kary? (I see your other posts, but I just want to talk it out with you).
totally disagree, J looks infinitesimally worse and moreso when you consider the thread as a whole and where the game is

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I will drop the IRL point, as that is true that we can't know what is going on with life. I'll simply say that I think the emotion was out of place, because Rake wasn't invested enough to make such a fuss. Yet This is not the only reason I suspect him. Now, I was looking into JD and Kantrip last night, and came out liking Kantrip even more. I didn't get anything suspicious from JD, yet still checked him since he was a question mark. I don't know why Rake gets the feeling I'd check obvious/main targets instead. I scumread Rake after D1 started, when he started pushing me out of no where. I also felt he started adding reasons to dislike me, instead of looking at the rest of my play. It seems made up on the spot, such as trying to use my concern of Ryu against me.
You're treatment of ryu's slot wasa wrong though, You can't just say "you're voting me, and you're not agreeing with me, therefore i have no reason to take your opinion into account." If that's your attitude to mafia now, you seriously need to out this game because that attitude is toxic. You may not like ryu's reads, you may not like he;s voting you , but acting like that somehow invalidates his opinion on the thread is quite frankly disgusting. Like, if you want to blindly ignore his opinion because he's not patting you on the back and telling you how great you are and how strong your read on me is and how much he can't wait to see me die then you need to go back to mini's or learner mafia games

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I seriously can't stand that quote by you Ran. I understand it's your choice and opinion but trating someone like they are a scum read on you specifically because they don't agree with you is as gross as what ryker did as confirmed town by laundry in that one game where his scum reads were literally "oh. you don't agree with the confirmed townie / Well you can die cause Im ryker and im confirmed town now"

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Someone wanna catch me up on some key points of the game and what we've learned so far from interactions? How did the lynching on D1 go?
I'll try my best to summarize what happened thus far.

So the first huge point was Kantrip (now confirmed town) having a horrible kneejerk vote on J. This put people into two different camps of scum over dumb and dumb over scum, each of which was pretty equally supported. Kantrip then proceeded to do well responding to questioning and gave us a full mental reasoning of his play, leading most to go over to the dumb over scum side of the force. After that, the next huge point was me analyzing the Kult of Kary (official The Church of the One True Kary) where Kary tried to make a group of people that he would talk to and vote outside of. I thought this was really scummy and Kary thought this was null, and Kary came out of the interaction on top after Gheb told me to shut up and I had to build a computer.

After that, a bunch of stuff happened, crazy unexplained reads happened by Kary (which were later explained), Rake (still partially unexplained), and J (Gheb has been waiting for a response since last phase) and we discovered that we were close to deadline with no vote. Soup replaced out because he was unmotivated to continue and we got Ran who has been probably the most active player all game considering his time here, Koops went MIA even though he viewed the thread a couple times without posting, and tHE-MAN (who had done nothing all game) was later replaced by Glyph who was subsequently replaced by you. Going back in time to right before deadline, the lynch options on the table were Koops and Rake until Joey didn't want to play anymore and claimed Indie. Until the Indie claim, we were divided on who scum is and most of the thread were by no means confident either way.

Then, D2 is happening and I had a conversation with Kary that made me see him as much less scummy by walking me through his thought process, and I'm not sure what to think anymore since my main scum read is now a null/town in my eyes.

tl;dr you'll want to do a full read because I probably have a biased perspective that highlights different points than should be highlighted, but I shared some pivotal moments of the thread (anyone else can join in if they want).

Now then, back to reading.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Oh yeah, Soup was a lynch that was being considered as well. My B.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
EBWOP: I may change my mind though if I actually read his most recent posts? Stay tuned!

:059:
Now that you have (hopefully) read his most recent posts, how do you feel about him?
Vote J
Im bashing my head into a wall with ran.

Ran, tell me how my push on koop was out of place exactly ? What's a "in the right place " push ? Who should i have been pushing exactly ?
Could you please explain this vote? It seems a bit misplaced, seeing as you're in the middle of a conversation with Ran and J hadn't posted for a few pages before this.
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary : I answered your question now. What are your scumreads? What are your reads in general?
Who did you intend to tag here?
I see you Chibo.
Foreshadowing?

Aaand I have to go to a New Year's party. See you guys next year!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You're treatment of ryu's slot wasa wrong though, You can't just say "you're voting me, and you're not agreeing with me, therefore i have no reason to take your opinion into account." If that's your attitude to mafia now, you seriously need to out this game because that attitude is toxic. You may not like ryu's reads, you may not like he;s voting you , but acting like that somehow invalidates his opinion on the thread is quite frankly disgusting. Like, if you want to blindly ignore his opinion because he's not patting you on the back and telling you how great you are and how strong your read on me is and how much he can't wait to see me die then you need to go back to mini's or learner mafia games
I'm actually not him voting anymore.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Shun Goku Satsu Rake Shun Goku Satsu Rake I do want to see this addressed please.
Again,

J: His reads have been total water. His attitude to me has been gross, yesterday he wass ltierally unwilling to budge on me and et today he barely coughs at me and lumps me in a pile with whoever other 3 people with 0 explanation, like his literal reason to be on my wagon was because it was popular. He never substantiated his vote more than hiding behind "yeah sang makes some good points" Like Sang has been J's emat shield and that too is gross, And yet now today not only does he flat out ignore my slot but he's just like "yeah im not going to substantiate the pool i have rake in, and someohow this one night changed all that despite how firm i was about rake

Dietzz: Attitude to j until just today bothered me alot, and this scum read seems pretty convieniant givn J's been gross for a while and yet Dietz's only coming around on him and realizing how vapant J's been, really dont like on dietz part.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
So the first huge point was Kantrip (now confirmed town) having a horrible kneejerk vote on J. This put people into two different camps of scum over dumb and dumb over scum, each of which was pretty equally supported. Kantrip then proceeded to do well responding to questioning and gave us a full mental reasoning of his play, leading most to go over to the dumb over scum side of the force.
Why did this have to be dumb on scum or scum on dumb? What made it feel different from town v town? What gave everyone the thought that one of the two were scum. If this was a consensus, then why are we not voting J?

After that, the next huge point was me analyzing the Kult of Kary (official The Church of the One True Kary) where Kary tried to make a group of people that he would talk to and vote outside of. I thought this was really scummy and Kary thought this was null, and Kary came out of the interaction on top after Gheb told me to shut up and I had to build a computer.
Wow this kult or church w/e thing sounds horrendous lol. If I have time I want to see if I can look into that a little. I'd love to see of hear a full explanation of it from Katy. In fact yeah, lets hear that now. Especially all things considered based on how it transpired yesterday, lets hear why it was done Katy.

Foreshadowing?
We're kinda friends as we live closeish together and have been together at some of the same tournaments. He likely noticed me viewing the thread, since I was when I was checking out the thread before I requested to join as a replacement. I viewed this one cause I love Undertale <3 He also responds to me every time I pop into the social thread.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If someone can properly explain why the Kantrip vs J interaction included a scum (before we knew Kantrip was town) and convince me of that, I'm down for this J train.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Shun Goku Satsu Rake Shun Goku Satsu Rake I do want to see this addressed please.
I like that dietz came around, its making me at least reconsider him, the J wagon is well deserved, just look at how he approached his reads d1, never really fleshed out, and his entire pressure on me let him do nothing, I challenge you to name one thing J achieved yesterday beyond voting on my wagon. Hell, even including that, what did he achieve in pushing me yesterday exactly ? What did he get thats somehow changed his mind today ? None of this has been fleshed out at all, and especially not the group J's put me in now. You can't tell me J miraculously drops me after seeing Kantrip die just on that basis alone. J's entire push was convieniant because it allowed him to sit on me, develope no reads, do nothing and that's why today he can't scum push me, because no one else is doing it. I can guarentee you if more people than Ran was pushing me, J would still be beating the drum on me, that fact he's handwaved me is huge proof of this.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Okay sup everyone, first mafia game in probably 2+ years, but I'm by no means a slouch. That, and I'm an absolute fanatic of Undertale. My original intent was to come into D Games again and host an Undertale mafia until I saw this one, so I signed up to replace. Maybe I'll host another UT mafia when this is done, I have some neat ideas.

Mod: I'd like to request that you please update the player list in the OP so I can make sure all of the replacements are correct

Going over the reveals so far...

Town NPC Doggo died. K. cool.

We chose to lynch KP Joey. He was Chara, independent. Had like a million powers lol, sucks for him that he got off'd day 1. I'm personally ignoring all of the Grillby flavor text. It's not important since it's behind the spoiler, and is just for game flavor.

As for Chara's role... Survivor means they won if they remained at Game End right? I can't find out via searching what an Emperor is, and I don't remember. Can someone refresh my memory on that?

Then noooooooo Papyrus died. Urg my favorite character.

Something to note here, or at least that I did, is that we can (likely) match flavor characters to alignment unlike some games. However, we still don't have a general idea on who the mafia necessarily is. Maybe like a Flowey/Asriel/something sort of deal? idk exactly, just something on my mind since I love UT flavor lol
Actually, thanks to me wwe know a robot killed kantrip.
so like, how many evil robots are htere really

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Why did this have to be dumb on scum or scum on dumb? What made it feel different from town v town? What gave everyone the thought that one of the two were scum. If this was a consensus, then why are we not voting J?
Sorry, scum over dumb. Basically, if the vote was dumb or if it was scummy (the two intents being the two sides of the argument, not the two players).
Wow this kult or church w/e thing sounds horrendous lol. If I have time I want to see if I can look into that a little. I'd love to see of hear a full explanation of it from Katy. In fact yeah, lets hear that now. Especially all things considered based on how it transpired yesterday, lets hear why it was done Katy.
He has explained the whole situation; look at pages 7, 8, and 20 for the whole exchange about the Kult.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys. I'm gonna be out until tonight. I've been busy with New Years stuff, but I've been skimming through the posts today.

Gheb, I'll get to your question tonight when I get an actual computer.

Ran, what did you want to talk about?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I wanted to know which way you leaned, and what your conclusion is. I know you are pressuring Kary, but what do you get from each side? Nothing stuck out to me.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Gotcha. I'm apparently bad at phone reading.

I am still somewhat leaning to Kary being scum, and I'll get into the why when I respond to gheb, but I mostly voted to pressure Kary since I wanted to get a stronger read on her. Instead of giving me a stronger scum read, it's just given me more questions, especially in terms of J, who I had as a town lean at the start of the Day. Do you think this is more likely to be TvT, or TvS?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Not too sure. But I'd lean towards Kary. What do you think of the J wagon? The debate of course also gives me questions, and I am looking for intent but there is just alot of words and I have no actual flip to work with. I will re-read J and Kary.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey Rake. Talk to me. Read on Kary and Gheb?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Not too sure. But I'd lean towards Kary. What do you think of the J wagon? The debate of course also gives me questions, and I am looking for intent but there is just alot of words and I have no actual flip to work with. I will re-read J and Kary.
I'm kind of hard pressed to argue with some of the points of people on J, especially with how suspicious he has been kind of acting from yesterDay. It's kind if interesting that J seems to be the main lynch target for toDay with a lot of other people going "yeah, I'd be comfortable with a Rake lynch as well" which kind of shows nothing has really changed since yesterDay. There's something I want to look into with the J wagon, but I'm going to keep that vague until I dig a bit deeper.

I'm working on responding to Gheb now, but just out of curiosity, why would you lean towards Kary?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Mostly due to his D1 play, and his push doesn't seem to be one that is made when someone has a strong scum read. Kary may have had concerns yesTerday, but he never really gave a read on J, just asked him questions. I think he's also focusing on the Kary vote alone and not the rest of his play. I agree that the J wagon should be looked into deeper, and both their individual plays aside from their argument. Going to throw out the trash.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I do. Ryu, you and I need to talk, soon. I am re-reading at the moment, but I'll be coming to a decision soon since we have a couple days until Deadline.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I don't necessarily have a firm distrust of the wagon itself, but there's something fishy about it that I'm going to look into in a bit (I'm going to be playing Destiny with my raid group in an hour or so, so I won't be able to get to it until later, unfortunately). I don't care much for the back and forth between them because it's not really telling of anything, just two people solid in their stances of scum reading one another.

Top Bottom