• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Undertale Mafia, 13 man! Game over! Town wins!

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
The point is not that Ryu is genuine. The point is that he wants you dead, which would be unusual for an SvS.
Why is that unusual for an SvS?

He's inactive. He might well be scum.

Do you think Gheb v Ran is TvT ?
Honestly, yeah. I don't really see either side as scum at the moment. Do you think it's TvT? Or SvT?

I can talk about Ryu but I wonder why you are not open to lynching him toDay, Sang. (As I think he is the best lynch) Do you disagree with what I say?
I am open to lynching him as I think he is likely scum, but the reason I'm asking is because I'm getting an uncomfortable feeling with basically everybody saying that he's a valid lynch for toDay. It's just weird to me that nobody is outright against his lynch, or even a little against his lynch (at least from what I recall, though I may be wrong). While it's arguable that it's because he is blatantly scummy, if he's town it'd be easy for scum to just hop on or to convince others. I'm just trying to figure out everyone's thoughts on this because I'm unsure myself.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
No, I don't. But, you said "The point is that he wants you dead, which would be unusual for an SvS" which I was looking for you to explain how that would work. If you're talking about Ryu wanting Ran dead from D1 then yes, I think that would be unusual and unlikely. On the other hand, it's not impossible.

And, probably? I mean, I'm trying to get Gheb talking about his read on Dietz because I'm trying to push for a JD lynch, but he's not here right now so... yeah. Would you mind answering my question tho?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
And, probably? I mean, I'm trying to get Gheb talking about his read on Dietz because I'm trying to push for a JD lynch, but he's not here right now so... yeah. Would you mind answering my question tho?
Gheb v Ran seems very likely TvS.

If it was TvT, that would put at least one of yourself/Dietz as scum but somehow refusing to take sides in the Gheb v Ran debate. Since Ranmaru's play has been pretty questionable, I don't see why you would sit back and do nothing in that situation.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
One thing is that Ryu is not reading closely enough. Kary has already asked me about my decision to lynch J, and Ryu redundantly repeats the question. I have answered the question in full, yet he does not pay attention. He does not care to, and is only using that as a way to phone in the appearance of doing things. Sang, many people are calling attention to Ryu but consider that it took people 2 days before even considering him, people let him slide, even Gheb himself simply because he wanted to push the wagon. I mean, he hasn't been doing anything, but tunneling me for my predecessor, and then pushing on Koops when he had nothing else. Now when he has fuel to push me he takes me up again. I say he's the best lynch for toDay. Better than JD. JD had came in with wrong pushes, yet he had more content to show than Ryu, who has shown no motivation to scumhunt at all. Tell me, how does JD's play here compare to his other games? His game in the mini and masquarade mafia?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
To the bolded: what?
If you seriously think that the scumteam is Kary-Dietz-Ryu, what exactly are you hoping for in asking this:

~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ , #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary , #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu - Thoughts on JDietz?[/QUOTE]

Do you think Ryu and I are suddenly going to turn on our mate when we have a free mislynch coming up in Ranmaru?

How badly do you want to lynch Dietz exactly? Because the tone of your post is something like 'I want X but I guess I will take whatever happens', even after Gheb has posted intent to vote Ranmaru in Lylo.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
EBWOP (anyone tagged in the above, my bad)

To the bolded: what?
If you seriously think that the scumteam is Kary-Dietz-Ryu, what exactly are you hoping for in asking this:

Do you think Ryu and I are suddenly going to turn on our mate when we have a free mislynch coming up in Ranmaru?

How badly do you want to lynch Dietz exactly? Because the tone of your post is something like 'I want X but I guess I will take whatever happens', even after Gheb has posted intent to vote Ranmaru in Lylo.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
One thing is that Ryu is not reading closely enough. Kary has already asked me about my decision to lynch J, and Ryu redundantly repeats the question. I have answered the question in full, yet he does not pay attention. He does not care to, and is only using that as a way to phone in the appearance of doing things. Sang, many people are calling attention to Ryu but consider that it took people 2 days before even considering him, people let him slide, even Gheb himself simply because he wanted to push the wagon. I mean, he hasn't been doing anything, but tunneling me for my predecessor, and then pushing on Koops when he had nothing else. Now when he has fuel to push me he takes me up again. I say he's the best lynch for toDay. Better than JD. JD had came in with wrong pushes, yet he had more content to show than Ryu, who has shown no motivation to scumhunt at all. Tell me, how does JD's play here compare to his other games? His game in the mini and masquarade mafia?
While I do agree with your points on Ryu, I don't think that JD has had more content than Ryu, and I don't think that JD has shown any motivation to scumhunt either. While JD does vote and "push" lynches, it doesn't seem like he's trying to lynch scum but more to just lynch somebody in general. I am not in position to comment on his other games because I haven't played or read any games with him in them recently, and I don't remember any games I've played with him. I think that he is the best lynch for toDay because he's been actively scummy and because we are more likely to get information from his lynch than a Ryu lynch.

Gheb v Ran seems very likely TvS.

If it was TvT, that would put at least one of yourself/Dietz as scum but somehow refusing to take sides in the Gheb v Ran debate. Since Ranmaru's play has been pretty questionable, I don't see why you would sit back and do nothing in that situation.
I'm not going to "take sides" as I think they are both town. Ran's play, IMO, has only been questionable in his switch to voting J. Besides that, I haven't seen anything else that makes me think he is scum. Since he's basically already talked about his reasons (in depth) to others, I felt no need to comment on it further.

I'm hoping to get more of Gheb's perspective so that I can attempt to convince him to vote and lynch Dietz with me. I'm asking you and Ryu because I would like you both to put your actual reads on Dietz down and to talk to me more about him so that if (when?) he flips scum then there are more things to go off of. I've been attempting to re-read you and to get a better handle on my read on you because I have a hard time reading you and I just want Ryu to actually talk to me at length about something, and I was hoping that would help. I don't think you're suddenly going to turn on him, but I am at a loss of how to get people talking more and that was the only thing I could think of.

I want to lynch Dietz more than I want to lynch anybody else because he is my strongest scum read. I apologize if I wasn't clear in my post. I want Dietz, but I am fine with a Ryu or Kary lynch. I'm not pushing for your lynch, or eve Ryu's, because I don't have as strong a read on you as I do on Dietz. I don't want a Ran lynch or a Gheb lynch. Chibo is... I don't even know.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I want to lynch Dietz more than I want to lynch anybody else because he is my strongest scum read. I apologize if I wasn't clear in my post. I want Dietz, but I am fine with a Ryu or Kary lynch. I'm not pushing for your lynch, or eve Ryu's, because I don't have as strong a read on you as I do on Dietz. I don't want a Ran lynch or a Gheb lynch. Chibo is... I don't even know.
I'm town. Who fills my spot?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
If you are actually town, I'd say maybe Gheb. I mean, there is always the possibility of Chibo but, since he hasn't posted anything, I have to go off of what we have from others. While I like many of Gheb's posts, he has done things that are questionable (more questionable things than Ran, at least, IMO).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sang, why did you ask Gheb about his read on Ryu? I am just wondering why mentioning your read on Gheb was your first priority, especially since you see me vs gheb as T v T.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol. Alright then Gheb. I was asking if there was anything else besides that but I'm not in the mood to deal with that right now.
See, this is something that I feel would = Sang possibly seeing that Gheb isn't really looking to observe Spak here but instead try to force his 'off-topicness' as something odd. Sang, why have you not returned to that line of questioning? Did this affect your read on Gheb, and if so how? Why did your scum lean of Gheb disappear, while you did agree to some of my case on him.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I am not sure how you can take out anything genuine from Ryu's push on me, drops it when he has no ammo, and picks it up today when he is a worse offender.
SangfroidWarrior SangfroidWarrior @ChiboSempai #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary @Jdietz43

I think this is Ranmaru explaining in his own words why him vs Ryu is SvS. Do you people agree / disagree?

[...] he never considers my D1 play yet will never care too.
"Your" Day 1 play consisted largely of soup being a crybaby, mucking things up with an entirely unnecessary claim and making catchup posts that were of little consequence. There's nothing to consider here, implementing your Day 1 play into the whole equation won't help you.

The point is not that Ryu is genuine. The point is that he wants you dead, which would be unusual for an SvS.
Does he actually want him dead though? Have you actually seen Ryu around recently? When has he ever tried to get Ran lynched, as in, convince people that Ran absolutely must go toDay? It's one thing to say that you want somebody dead, it's another thing to take action and get a lynch through. Where has Ryu taken action, talked to other people, asked for their point of view?

What Ryu does is textbook distancing.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
SangfroidWarrior SangfroidWarrior

Like I said, I consider it pretty likely that Dietz is the 3rd scumbag alongside Ranmaru and Ryu so it's not like you'll need to show me any big arguments as to why he should be lynched. His defense for Ran in #1179 is extremely ****ty. But you know ... it's lylo which means that a mislynch will lose us the game so you gotta understand that I'll prioritize lynching my top scumreads if possible.

Ranmaru is individually the scummiest player. I don't even need quotes or massive posts to back that claim up anymore. He went from reading J as town to lynching him back to reading J as town and starting to throw **** at the people that actually provided a reason to lynch J. How much more obvious does it get? If you want Dietz lynched before that, that's OK but I have precious little comprehension for your town!Ran read. Ryu's 'push' on Ran [and vice versa] have been all talk-no action and I don't think Ryu has ever made it clear who his other scumreads are. At this point both slots are fishing for town credit upon the other player's scumflip hoping to make the best out of he situation.
And as things stand both slots have an excellent chance of getting lynched toDay. The way I see it it's mostly up to Chibo to add the majority vote on one or the other because both Ryu and Ran look like they have 3 players willing to lynch them.

If you want Dietz lynched I'm the wrong person to talk to. I won't be the one that a Dietz lynch will fail because. You don't need to convince me. What you're ought to do is convince ... everybody else. Not sure why you haven't done that considering you haven't pushed for anybody else's lynch.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
[...] many people are calling attention to Ryu but consider that it took people 2 days before even considering him [...]
And you know Ryu replaced in for a slot that has been entirely inactive and requested replacement on Day 1, right? The slot has had literally zero content before he replaced in. What you're trying to twist as 'people' not considering him is really just the natural course of action in this case.

But it's quite reassuring to see you running out of legitimate arguments and pulling flimsy words out of your ass.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ran's reasoning to vote J is awful. There was not reason for that flip he did onto J when he was a-ok with the slot for most of the day.

Soup's play was Soup scum when he tries to fake reasoning to replace out to make his slot look better. I'm not falling for it again and Ran's turn on J was unbelievable.

That is why I 180'd on the slot.

I think Dietz is a scumbag, he hasn't really done much content wise when prodded and seems to have dodged the game entirely.

Last scumbag is between Chibo and Sang as a toss up.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Like, "I win, you lose" kind of gloating and I just don't see where that would come from if she was town. That's just a weak point because maybe it's just a difference in playstyle, but I don't see town doing that at all.
It is. How does that change your read?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
This game is a joke. A big ol' joke.

Can't even take a vote in Lylo to narrow anything down because we're playing with a ghost slot.

I will be around tonight. Maybe this game is just Ran-Dietz-Chibo.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Just ask yourself why a TOWN ryu would throw out a vote like that (and leave it) in the first place, in lylo. The vote is null. Ask yourself if it makes sense along with Gheb's play, and Ryu's play. I still say Ryu is the best option for toDay, or at all. For the game. Trust your gut. I will be placing my vote on Ryu during the day.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I love how half of the players in this game don't feel the need to post anything during the penultimate 12 hours of lylo. At this point I'm down to lynch pretty much everybody not named Kary or Sang.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I still want Ryu and Gheb. I'll be around later after work.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Sang, why did you ask Gheb about his read on Ryu? I am just wondering why mentioning your read on Gheb was your first priority, especially since you see me vs gheb as T v T.
I asked about his read on Ryu because he stated that he was banking on you and Ryu being scum but didn't really explain why, and I wanted his opinion on the matter. To the rest, what do you mean?

See, this is something that I feel would = Sang possibly seeing that Gheb isn't really looking to observe Spak here but instead try to force his 'off-topicness' as something odd. Sang, why have you not returned to that line of questioning? Did this affect your read on Gheb, and if so how? Why did your scum lean of Gheb disappear, while you did agree to some of my case on him.
I mean, that was also near the top of page 4 and therefore early on D1, so I didn't come back to it because other things happened that I saw as more important. It doesn't affect my read on Gheb because I'm used to getting those answers from him, at least in the early game. My scum lean of Gheb disappeared because of reasons I have already explained. His D1 play concerned me and I wasn't sure about him, and at that point he was more likely to be scum than many of the other players, IMO. If you're talking about your case from D2, I agreed with them then because it was based almost entirely on D1 which, I agree, was scummy. My opinions of his slot have since changed because of his play yesterDay and toDay.

It is. How does that change your read?
It doesn't, really. As I said, it was a weak point so it's not the basis for my read on her.

SangfroidWarrior SangfroidWarrior @ChiboSempai #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary @Jdietz43

I think this is Ranmaru explaining in his own words why him vs Ryu is SvS. Do you people agree / disagree?
I don't necessarily think that it's him explaining why it's SvS unless you're looking at it from the standpoint that Ran is scum. It's more explaining why it's at least TvS.

SangfroidWarrior SangfroidWarrior

Like I said, I consider it pretty likely that Dietz is the 3rd scumbag alongside Ranmaru and Ryu so it's not like you'll need to show me any big arguments as to why he should be lynched. His defense for Ran in #1179 is extremely ****ty. But you know ... it's lylo which means that a mislynch will lose us the game so you gotta understand that I'll prioritize lynching my top scumreads if possible.

Ranmaru is individually the scummiest player. I don't even need quotes or massive posts to back that claim up anymore. He went from reading J as town to lynching him back to reading J as town and starting to throw **** at the people that actually provided a reason to lynch J. How much more obvious does it get? If you want Dietz lynched before that, that's OK but I have precious little comprehension for your town!Ran read. Ryu's 'push' on Ran [and vice versa] have been all talk-no action and I don't think Ryu has ever made it clear who his other scumreads are. At this point both slots are fishing for town credit upon the other player's scumflip hoping to make the best out of he situation.
And as things stand both slots have an excellent chance of getting lynched toDay. The way I see it it's mostly up to Chibo to add the majority vote on one or the other because both Ryu and Ran look like they have 3 players willing to lynch them.
I completely agree that his vote on J and his actions late in D2 are scummy, but I liked the rest of his play from D2, specifically just him trying to get people to interact and talk. I think Ryu's 'push' on Ran is more telling than Ran's on Ryu because Ryu has been keeping that up since D1 on Soup's slot, into D2 and back to D3 without really doing much of anything with it. And, as you say, Ryu hasn't really stated who his other scum reads are. Maybe I just have a blind spot here, but I don't get the sense that Ran is scum.

If you want Dietz lynched I'm the wrong person to talk to. I won't be the one that a Dietz lynch will fail because. You don't need to convince me. What you're ought to do is convince ... everybody else. Not sure why you haven't done that considering you haven't pushed for anybody else's lynch.
I am trying to convince other people, but there's kind of this agreement now that Dietz may be the final scum and I think many others are in the same boat as you of not wanting to mislynch, so people are just ending up sticking to their strongest reads (I, myself, am doing the same). So, it's making it a little difficult. [Plus, this isn't really an excuse, but I've been working on packing and moving, so I haven't really had much time to do anything else.] I guess it is going to end up coming down to Ryu or Ran, but I don't know if we will have that one swing voter of Chibo.

I still want Dietz, and I think that we could easily get enough people for that; we maybe enough for Ryu. At this point this game just seems dead. We have, what, 2 players that aren't posting? And another that only posts occasionally? We need 4 to lynch, so we're kind of limited in our options. I'll be here probably around 10pm EST, and maybe in and out on mobile if I can swing it, but I have to leave now for a few hours. I'll try to do more when I get back.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Just ask yourself why a TOWN ryu would throw out a vote like that (and leave it) in the first place, in lylo. The vote is null. Ask yourself if it makes sense along with Gheb's play, and Ryu's play. I still say Ryu is the best option for toDay, or at all. For the game. Trust your gut. I will be placing my vote on Ryu during the day.
Hey mr scum, I voted cause there is 1 day left or rather less.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't think anybody's voting Ryu right now, Sang doesn't seem to be able to assemble enough people to lynch Dietz toDay and I have to get some sleep soon. Nothing more to say for me.

Vote Ranmaru

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Gheb should be able to vote Ryu as he thinks he is scum.
Sang is willing to vote Ryu as she believes he is scum.
Kary ???
I'm voting Ryu.

Profit.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also, if Gheb doesn't even respond with Sang's observation of me (or even consider it) then it shows he is simply trying to paint my slot as scum and isn't considering both sides.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Which totally explains why you're acknowledging Sang's observation of me, right? ... oh wait, you don't. Your double standards are disgusting and will bring about your well-deserved lynch.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well. Town loses. Not sure if Kary really considered what I said at all. I tried though. Good night.

Still think it is Gheb and Ryu. Kary seems to conf bias me, asking 'why is ran town' instead of stating 'here is why he is scum'. Possible 3rd party.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I am in agreement with Kary, oddly. That's not yet enough to lynch, right? I think that's 3? I will be around until deadline, but I don't think we can go for any other lynch at this point. If I need to, I will vote Ran. I'd rather have that and be wrong on Ran than us lose because of a NL.

Although, I find it interesting that Ryu only comes in to comment on that one thing. And by interesting I mean scummy.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah. Possible I am wrong on Ryu and it is Gheb and Kary. Kary seems to be considering things but she is holding gheb at an arms length.

Not impressed with Ryu if he is town, though.

Top Bottom