• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Understanding IC's Belay Jump (Up + B)

WEEBL3S

Smash Rookie
For some reason I can't fully understand how the IC's Up + B works. I have recently switched to being an IC main, but sometimes the belay jump gives me trouble. Sometimes I'll be off stage and Nana will be on stage and a belay jump will work, while other times Nana and I will be off stage together (and pretty close in proximity) and a belay jump will not work. What's confusing to me is that the success rate of the belay jump doesn't necessarily depend on the distance between Popo and Nana, but appears to be more situation. I could be wrong but this just seems to be my observations. If anyone has any tips or general rules that could help me with my understanding of the belay jump it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time!

BIGHOTSLAMJAM

Smash Rookie
Hi,

Seems like your issue is not being in tumble animation. she cannot belay while in tumble.

if you want to talk more about ICS, join our skype chat! send me a friend request: jrossbox

WEEBL3S

Smash Rookie
Aw sweet! That helps a lot! I don't have skype, but if I get one I will definetly add you! Thank you for the great tip! Does the proximity of the characters have anything to do with it as well? Like what is the farthest from each other Popo and Nana can be and it still work??

PineTree2.0

Smash Cadet
The proximity does effect it, but not that heavily. Nana and Popo can have some distance between eachother, and it'll still work. I'm not sure about the farthest, but one way I think you can test it is to go into training mode, go to the edge of the stage, Desync and have Popo jump off, Belay, and see how far you can go with the belay.

WEEBL3S

Smash Rookie
Okay! That sounds like a great idea! I'll definetly test that out! Thank you :):):)

Top Bottom