• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uncloned Ganondorf confirmed by absence of Falcon?

EPX2

Smash Ace
Note that Captain Falcon and Ness shared an exclusive quality - they were both the sole and main representatives of their franchises. Chances are that Sakurai noticed this and decided to make them starters in Melee because, after all, it'd make sense for star characters to be delegated to star positions (i.e. starting positions). Marth and Roy were virtually unknown outside of Japan, so they hadn't really reached star status yet and Mr. Game & Watch had a special role as the surprise unlockable. Since Marth is widely regarded to be the face of Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem has finally been brought overseas, I think it's likely that he'll become a starter for the reason I stated above - same for Mr. Game & Watch (who also will have lost his surprise aspect, which is just another reason to make him a starter).

EPX2

Smash Ace
I have no doubt in my mind that he will return - not only does he serve as a great retro character, he's also a tribute to his creator, Gunpei Yokoi, AND is a unique character featuring a moveset shared by no one else. There's not really much reason for him not to return.

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
Umm.....Why would Ness and Falcon be unlockables though they were starters in Melee? It's kind of a dumb move, espcially regarding their popularity of now.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Yeah, we "all" think ganondorf will still be a clone, and "we" all think Dedede is a starter.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I actually believe all characters will be revealed in the Dojo, unlockable or not.

Think about it this way: Brawl is going to have online fighting, so what if someone you meet in the game plays with a character you have yet to unlock? You'll be spoiled.

I'm guessing Sakurai and co. will reveal all characters beforehand and make the real challenge how to unlock them.

Eternal Neo

Smash Apprentice
Maybe they haven't added Falcon yet because they want to add another newcomer first and even out the number of vets and newcomers, but that's just my idea. I dunno why people are so worried about when he's actually gonna be announced though because he obviously will be in the game and still able to falcon punch the other characters int oblivion.

Coselm

Smash Ace
Alright so an update every weekday for the next four months...

There is plenty of time to announce Captain Falcon and Ness.

And I remember reading somewhere in an interview that there will be NO clone characters for whatever reason. So my guess is that ganondorf will have a very different moveset. Like I doubt he will keep qizard punch, or his up and down Bs.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
@ the OP;

everyone believes ganondorf will be returning with a new moveset to boot, but i don't think anyone believed this because of the lack of falcon, and quite frankly, the logic you used to arrive at this conclusion baffles me. ganondorf deserves his own moveset. he deserves it now, and he deserved it in melee. end of story.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Probably can't agree on what character to reveal...
Capt. Falcon!
NO, Luigi!
No, Ridley!
Krystal!
MANBEARPIG!

So, everyone agree on Capt. Falcon?
Yeah, ok
sure
allright

After the meeting...
Manbearpig? Come on, Jim. Where's your head at?
Don't worry Jim, I had your back.
Thank's Frank...thanks.
The last part made me laugh out loud. Congrats, that doesn't happen often for me on the forums. :)

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I think Cpt. Falcon is next character to be announced and I think ganon's going to come back, so I think neither are decomfirmed.

Locke7301

Smash Cadet
Umm.....Why would Ness and Falcon be unlockables though they were starters in Melee? It's kind of a dumb move, espcially regarding their popularity of now.
well now that ness isnt going to return thanks to todays update, who knows what will happen to the other original characters who havent been announced.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I think the main reason Captain Falcon has not been announced is because Captain Falcon has been replaced by Rick Wheeler. His Final Smash would be Captain Falcon Fury, in which he puts on Captain Falcon's helmet and does something Captain Falcon-y.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
I think Ganondorf will be uncloned regardless of Falcon's absence so far. A sword moveset would be cool, but it should definitely be mixed in with some magic attacks, too, so as not to completely be another sword-wielder.

We really need an official Ganondorf topic around here.

Iris

Smash Ace
I'm more worried that Ganondorf hasn't been decloned and Captain Falcon is no longer playable. That way Ganondorf won't be a clone character and the developers don't have to make a new moveset for him.

That's worst case scenario though, and hopefully they're both coming back, with a new moveset for Ganondorf.

Iris

Smash Ace
Icons don't determine whether there'll be a playable character from the series. Nintendo DS/Animal Crossing, anyone?

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
I seriously doubt animal crossing will get a rep, but Samurai Goroh is an AT, and Captain Falcon was mentioned in that update. Why is there even a debate over whether or not he'll return?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Whoever doubts C.Falcon's chances of returning... should be Falcon Punched in the head real hard. :p

Honestly... a Smash Bros without FALCON PUNCH isn't smash bros at all!!! Thanks to Smash Bros, FALCON got that signature move for the F-Zero anime.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Yeah, but this thread isn't about if he's returning or not, it's about if he's unlockable or not.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
While I dont think Falcon effects Ganondorf at all - All unlockable characters from both games are absent and hopefully they return to being unlockables.. I want to unlock Ness.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Absence of Falcon can be read as NO falcon.

And yes. Chances are he WILL be unlockable. Just like Marth, Falco, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, G&W, etc.

Top Bottom