• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Super Smash Bros. 64 Hack/ GS Hack/ Mod

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
I don't think you need to ask other people's opinions on who needs a buff. The reason why is because, you should experiment on your own first. Sometimes you just can't know until you try :) . For instance, I had a blast buffing Link, but I'm sure most people would say I made him OP, despite the fact that there are already OP characters, such as Kirby. Not that I'd disagree that I did make Link OP, but I think it can be fun when every character is OP.

My advice is to have fun and experiment.
lol that sounds really fun actually, ok ill experiment :)

T Brett

Smash Journeyman
is it possible to take this:

and superimpose it on this:

I know nothing of modding

edit: I mean take the jouske drawings and put them in the character select screen instead of the original pictures (if that wasnt obvious)

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
is it possible to take this:

and superimpose it on this:

I know nothing of modding

edit: I mean take the jouske drawings and put them in the character select screen instead of the original pictures (if that wasnt obvious)
You want the menu re-arranged?

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
yes pls. I would use that cheat for all my games if I could
I don't think you need to ask other people's opinions on who needs a buff. The reason why is because, you should experiment on your own first. Sometimes you just can't know until you try :) . For instance, I had a blast buffing Link, but I'm sure most people would say I made him OP, despite the fact that there are already OP characters, such as Kirby. Not that I'd disagree that I did make Link OP, but I think it can be fun when every character is OP.

My advice is to have fun and experiment.
i dont like madao link ):<

Last edited:

Madao

When I get the chance to finish writing programs to make modding quicker, I may make a few patches for the lols. I'll let you guys know when I do.
yes pls. I would use that cheat for all my games if I could

i dont like madao link ):<
Lol it was pretty bad, but still was funny to mess around with. After I found out how to compress it, I was able to do much more, like edit any hitbox of his. The main challenge now is animations.
like this:

see the fox one for how the text is still there

is this possible in game? cheers
Anything within the limits of the hardware is possible. So as long as these pictures are the same resolution as the one's you're replacing, you can patch rom. I don't have enough knowledge to be able to do that, but others do. Or you could just use Glide64, Rice, or Jabo and use/make a texture pack. @ Kahnu Kahnu could make a texture pack.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
like this:

see the fox one for how the text is still there

is this possible in game? cheers

the characters are 2 images
below and above
name is part of above texture
you'd need to cut out the name and put it on the image
also you'd need to cut the picture in half and replace like 24 images

also dont listen to @ Madao Madao he is a 100% liar
main goal is models
gg
@ Tcll Tcll

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
lol kahnu :p

Madao's not a liar XD

but yea, I should be able to look into importing SSB64 models soon kk :)
I only just got here:

I will get there guys, ok :)

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
So since school is so boring, I thought for snakes name being called by voice actor (I don't care if I don't end up making him ever I still like to imagine it) does any one have any program to edit sounds? Cause we can edit "Ness" make the announcer say the 'Sss' sounds at the end of ness, then the 'N' from ness, the 'Break the targets!' We can edit it so it's just 'Eak'
So all together it would sound like 'Ss' 'N' 'Eak' if some one can edit the sound clips like that you'll make my entire year!
And that edit doesn't need to be in the game, you can like send me the audio file of the edit and I'll be super happy!!!

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
That's awesome! But that isn't what we're doing, this project isn't a balance patch, it's adding content existent to 64, and the names are similar too
Ultimate Smash Bros
Ultimate Super Smash Bros 64
get a room

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Pretty sure he means add in custom sounds, which is not an easy thing to do.
Lol naw I'm just saying can some one just go on there computer, go on there local editing software, and edit the sounds and send it too me, it has nothing to do with the hack or mod but just a personal thing I would love to have :3 I just want a audio clip of the announcer saying 'Snake' that's all

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Sorry for double posting but @ Madao Madao I don't understand what to do for Nemu 64, like am I suppose to type in random numbers and see if something new pops up? Uhg my brain hurts just trying to learn this

Madao

Sorry for double posting but @ Madao Madao I don't understand what to do for Nemu 64, like am I suppose to type in random numbers and see if something new pops up? Uhg my brain hurts just trying to learn this
What are you trying to do? I need more information please :) .

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
What are you trying to do? I need more information please :) .
Like I'm clueless, where do I start my project? How do I even work on it? Like the first thing I wanna do is add the other stages to the stage select screen (with it showing the stage, name, back round, and icon series)

Madao

Like I'm clueless, where do I start my project? How do I even work on it? Like the first thing I wanna do is add the other stages to the stage select screen (with it showing the stage, name, back round, and icon series)
Well, you're going to have to start small. I would start with cheats & hacks already done by others. Try to experiment with them, so that you have a better understanding. I've been procrastinating on too many things lately, so this week I'm going to try and catch up on certain things and free up some time. So if you're free next weekend, let me know so I can help you out.

I'll be honest, I don't know how to do major things like adding stages to the menu, but I know it's possible. I think if enough people have a positive mindset and put in work, it could be done. If you're able to maintain optimism, then I think you'll be able to achieve what you want. Maybe I can try collecting more data this week too. I still need to figure out how animations work, but I think I found a good lead so far. I also want to be able to manipulate the camera better.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Well, you're going to have to start small. I would start with cheats & hacks already done by others. Try to experiment with them, so that you have a better understanding. I've been procrastinating on too many things lately, so this week I'm going to try and catch up on certain things and free up some time. So if you're free next weekend, let me know so I can help you out.

I'll be honest, I don't know how to do major things like adding stages to the menu, but I know it's possible. I think if enough people have a positive mindset and put in work, it could be done. If you're able to maintain optimism, then I think you'll be able to achieve what you want. Maybe I can try collecting more data this week too. I still need to figure out how animations work, but I think I found a good lead so far. I also want to be able to manipulate the camera better.
I'm sure I'll be free next weekend, and I have a positive mind set but it also has some doubt cause I've never done this before, oh btw since game shark might not be enough data or too much trouble, should we (or I, don't wanna force any thing ) just make it a rom hack? Or a new rom?

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
lol with your hopes and dreams

silly madao will grow weary and get lazy just like before

there is no stopping madaos laziness

Madao

I'm sure I'll be free next weekend, and I have a positive mind set but it also has some doubt cause I've never done this before, oh btw since game shark might not be enough data or too much trouble, should we (or I, don't wanna force any thing ) just make it a rom hack? Or a new rom?
Ok cool. Ya with your ambitious goals, gameshark will not be able to do the job. So you have to modify the ROM for sure. I highly doubt you'd be willing to "create" a new ROM, since that would require you to learn a lot about N64 hardware and software. Some people are really enthusiastic about making games for their favorite consoles, but imo, if you're going to create a game, it should be made for modern hardware.

In your case, I think you'd be fine with just hacking the ROM. Don't let anyone's negativity stop you from achieving your goals! My advice to you is to have realistic expectations and give it your best.
lol with your hopes and dreams

silly madao will grow weary and get lazy just like before

there is no stopping madaos laziness
Please don't bring your negativity to this thread. We are here trying to reach our goals! We don't need people bringing us down! PS, I'm not lazy, just preoccupied ;/ . If you would actually like to help, then great. Stay positive!

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Ok cool. Ya with your ambitious goals, gameshark will not be able to do the job. So you have to modify the ROM for sure. I highly doubt you'd be willing to "create" a new ROM, since that would require you to learn a lot about N64 hardware and software. Some people are really enthusiastic about making games for their favorite consoles, but imo, if you're going to create a game, it should be made for modern hardware.

In your case, I think you'd be fine with just hacking the ROM. Don't let anyone's negativity stop you from achieving your goals! My advice to you is to have realistic expectations and give it your best.
Please don't bring your negativity to this thread. We are here trying to reach our goals! We don't need people bringing us down! PS, I'm not lazy, just preoccupied ;/ . If you would actually like to help, then great. Stay positive!
Rom hack it is then! :3 and kahnu's fine, I know he's kidding. So with Rom hack I just do as if I was trying to make game shark codes? I really need to study the orbital decay hacking guide...

Madao

Rom hack it is then! :3 and kahnu's fine, I know he's kidding. So with Rom hack I just do as if I was trying to make game shark codes? I really need to study the orbital decay hacking guide...
I have my doubts about Kahnu, but I'm going to take my own advice and stay positive :b: . As to your question, ROM hacking is a bit different. You can't freeze values like you could with a gameshark code. At the same time, you can do a lot more with ROM hacking. I look forward to working with you :) . If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
I have my doubts about Kahnu, but I'm going to take my own advice and stay positive :b: . As to your question, ROM hacking is a bit different. You can't freeze values like you could with a gameshark code. At the same time, you can do a lot more with ROM hacking. I look forward to working with you :) . If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

im willing to help wtf

Last edited:

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Hey guys, and if instead of starting from the beginning, what if you guys help me and @Danny_SsB finish our Ultimate Super Smash Bros. ? We already have a bunch of things pinned down, including:

-Editing Character Attributes (Walk Speed, Run Speeed, Weight, Air Speed Etc)
-Animation Swaps
-Hitbox Edition (Falcon With Electric Knee, etc)
-Misc Stuff (We added Sidesteps for example lol)

If you want, of course :)

Madao

Hey guys, and if instead of starting from the beginning, what if you guys help me and @Danny_SsB finish our Ultimate Super Smash Bros. ? We already have a bunch of things pinned down, including:

-Animation Swaps

We all probably have different goals, but working together is still a good idea. I'd actually be glad if you and Danny were back in action. I can help you guys with compression, perhaps this weekend if I get around to setting it up.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
We all probably have different goals, but working together is still a good idea. I'd actually be glad if you and Danny were back in action. I can help you guys with compression, perhaps this weekend if I get around to setting it up.
Compression, as recompressing the rom? That would be amazing, because we have a way to uncompress the rom, but not a way to comrpess it back together :/

Madao

Compression, as recompressing the rom? That would be amazing, because we have a way to uncompress the rom, but not a way to comrpess it back together :/
Yes, I'm now able to edit character stats more freely. For instance, I made a ROM hack where Luigi's run speed and air speed are higher. Editing hitboxes is also easy now. I just need to find things like animation now. Would be nice to be able to make custom animations.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace

-Animation Swaps

That sounds awesome but we have very different goals :( like our ROM hack keeps the characters the same so people who get the ROM can feel at home, but we can try to work something out
maybe help each other out to create 2 different rom hacks? One for you guys and one for us?
Ultimate Super Smash Bros. 64 = not changing existing characters, just adding characters and features
Ultimate Super Smash Bros. Remix = What you guys are doing, which looks like editing existing characters and hit boxes (Your work looks amazing!!!)

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
That sounds awesome but we have very different goals :( like our ROM hack keeps the characters the same so people who get the ROM can feel at home, but we can try to work something out
maybe help each other out to create 2 different rom hacks? One for you guys and one for us?
Ultimate Super Smash Bros. 64 = not changing existing characters, just adding characters and features
Ultimate Super Smash Bros. Remix = What you guys are doing, which looks like editing existing characters and hit boxes (Your work looks amazing!!!)
We were aiming for a balance patch, trying to fix low tiers (Link has an extended Up b, ness an improved PK Thunder 1 and 2, Samus a better combo game, etc), since you guys are aiming for an expansion game, i see nor eason why couldnt merge both. I don't think any profesional SSB player would mind about having the low tiers buffed to a point where everyone would be viable :)

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
We were aiming for a balance patch, trying to fix low tiers (Link has an extended Up b, ness an improved PK Thunder 1 and 2, Samus a better combo game, etc), since you guys are aiming for an expansion game, i see nor eason why couldnt merge both. I don't think any profesional SSB player would mind about having the low tiers buffed to a point where everyone would be viable :)
Only thing im worried about is switching between games, since I go to Smash 64 tournaments, I have to make sure I learn and remember every thing about 64, if I start playing and having fun with the balance patch and switch over to normal 64, I will start to get bad at normal 64, this is a huge thing for me because I play low tiers like Luigi, and I hope other players dont get this problem
btw is there any way i can try out your rom hack :)

Madao

People's opinions differ way too much. There's no way people will stick to just 1 patch. A lot of people here prefer the game to be unchanged, for the most part.

Anyway, I'll try contacting you guys, so we can all work together.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings

We have different ideals. To merge them that means that we would have Falcons Knee, sidestepping, and we don'tw want that. We just want to balance low tiers.

Except Maafia, who wants more content which i am sort of in-favor of.

Last edited:
Top Bottom