• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Slightly off-topic, but whenever I see NintenRob NintenRob 's username I doubletake and think it's me for some reason because I'm so used to being the only one on this thread that has a username that starts off with "Mr.".

It's weird.

Shroob

Sup?
I can't remember who brought up the Mii Fighters Theory, maybe Shroob Shroob ? But I think the fact that the Virtua Fighter Characters Mii Costumes not being released alongside Joker might break the theory. I don't figure they'll just be left out and I don't think Sega is getting another character meaning that the only way they'll be released is either on their own or alongside another random character. I guess it's possible that the ones left out will be added alongside the potential unrepresented company but I doubt it. Just a thought.
Hey now.

It's more fun to think of crackpot theories of characters no one really expects than to discuss Erdrick daily.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I mean, what would it be? I think most of us agree that Spirits disconfirm, and that the characters who don’t have Spirits aren’t significant enough to bring the same amount of hype/content as Joker. Btw, I don’t think a Three Houses rep is happening either, I just can’t think of a pre-established Nintendo character that would fit as DLC.
Grovyle? Pokemon is a very popular series, Grovyle lacks a spirit, and he could represent the PMD games.

let me dream

D

Deleted member

Just noticed how nice my new avatar goes with the pink username. I'm thinkin' I'll have to keep this one for a little bit, even after the meme fades.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Checking in to see how everyone's doing. I hope today was at least interesting or something?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They have three actually, but that's a lame reason to deny Capcom characters/series with their own merits. Capcom are also chill with their IPs which makes them great to negotiate with I'm sure.
Oh yeah. Totally. I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom does a "Nintendo vs. Capcom" game to try to smooth things over with their fanbase after Marvel Infinite.

I just feel like other companies should have more of a shot first is all.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
wow a fire emblem character sure is likely for dlc

they're all i hear about nowadays!

all the leakers are saying it

verge, tansut, polarpanda

and now this new codename, "houses"

i'm real stressed about it
Back off will ya, I never said they were likely, but when I'd does come to first party characters, a Three Houses character is generally bought up more than any other.

You zeroed in on one thing I said and acted like I was everything against a franchise. My main gripe is against so many Third Parties.

I don't care if Nintendo characters aren't considered as "hype", they're more hype to me and I have much more of a connection to them compared to any third party characters brought up not named Banjo (who when I made that connection with, WERE Nintendo characters)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Plot twist is that Jane was just the female swap for the third DQ hero (aka erdrick)

1555894685108.png

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
about fire emblem

why not making fighting game with fire emblem characters

problem is solved there
Because that won't sell because fighting games appeal to a small dedicated audience while also requiring far more money, effort, talent, for far less profit.

They're better off just pumping more money into adding casual-friendly modes to new Fire Emblems and pumping the gacha machine because whales have no impulse control.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'll never learn that lesson.
Joker is what keeps me happy in my cold and dark room.
Y’all I think Shiny has the right idea
We should all insist on repeatedly posting about how we wanna be boned by / bone our waifus and husbandos

Y’all ready for the same picture of Pyra every day? Y’all ready for “I wanna cuddle the aegis” every day? Doesn’t matter what y’all are talking about. “Woah we just found out who Brave is! It’s Quote from Cave Story!” “I am madly in love with the grouping of pixels that form the shape of a girl named Pyra and I want to cuddle” pyra.png

WAKE ME UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE

CANT WAKE UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE

SAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEE

Why is everyone mad at me

Pyra’s sexy and rocks me to my core

Ha ha ha cuddle

Pyra.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
about fire emblem

why not making fighting game with fire emblem characters

problem is solved there
I'd rather see a Zelda SoulCalibur game than a Fire Emblem one. The characters are more diverse IMO. But if they made a Fire Emblem one I couldn't complain. As long as it has a more diverse cast than Fire Emblem Warriors.

D

Deleted member

If you make your text color the same as linked text then I automatically distrust you.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We should all insist on repeatedly posting about how we wanna be boned by / bone our waifus and husbandos

Y’all ready for the same picture of Pyra every day? Y’all ready for “I wanna cuddle the aegis” every day? Doesn’t matter what y’all are talking about. “Woah we just found out who Brave is! It’s Quote from Cave Story!” “I am madly in love with the grouping of pixels that form the shape of a girl named Pyra and I want to cuddle” pyra.png

WAKE ME UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE

CANT WAKE UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE

SAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEE

Ha ha ha cuddle

Pyra.png
god i love 3D women so much

they... they feel so real like they actually exist

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He mentioned that he thought a Tales Of character could be revealed at E3 and that he thought Erdrick would be saved for after E3 too.
But both Nintendo and Microsoft would be at e3 with the exception of Sony. This would be the perfect opportunity to reveal banjo

Noipoi

Howdy!

WAKE ME UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE

CANT WAKE UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE

SAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEE

Ha ha ha cuddle

Pyra.png
And every time I respond with

ToasterBrains Pyra

I'm beggin ya

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Oh yeah. Totally. I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom does a "Nintendo vs. Capcom" game to try to smooth things over with their fanbase after Marvel Infinite.

I just feel like other companies should have more of a shot first is all.
I see people suggest Nintendo v Capcom but why would they do that when there's Smash. I know the gameplay is different, but Capcom could just give the ok for their main mascots in Smash and voila but with other guests included as well.

Not to mention the Nintendo cast probably won't be as good as people speculate with the Big N calling the shots.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ooooooohhhhhh the site's link color is orange, huh. Links are blue for me, so I thought I was in the clear lol.

I'll go change it to something different.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

WAKE ME UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE

CANT WAKE UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE

SAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEE

Ha ha ha cuddle

Pyra.png
I didn't know it was possible to barf out of my eyeballs, but I just did.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
And every time I respond with

ToasterBrains Pyra

I'm beggin ya
you cannot stop me mortal
everyone else mentions the occasional lewd so why should i, a god amongst men, be disallowed to share my undying potentially immoral love for a fictional character ad infinitum

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ooooooohhhhhh the site's link color is orange, huh. Links are blue for me, so I thought I was in the clear lol.

I'll go change it to something different.
This dude actually remembered that the website has a color scheme you can change on a whim for your own personal use

now lets check to see that nobody is using smashboards light mode

D

Deleted member

WAKE ME UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE

CANT WAKE UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE

SAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEE

Ha ha ha cuddle

Pyra.png
bro forget the rest of your post
“Woah we just found out who Brave is! It’s Quote from Cave Story!”
This would be hype as ****.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
But both Nintendo and Microsoft would be at e3 with the exception of Sony. This would be the perfect opportunity to reveal banjo
I still say, and I will keep saying it every time it comes up, that any Microsoft character needs to be revealed at either E3 or the game awards. They're perfect neutral grounds for rivals to appear together.

Plus, if the rumors of Microsoft putting a tonne of stuff on Switch are true, then that would be the PERFECT time to reveal Banjo. Especially if they do it like Inkling and Isabelle where it's directly tied to an announcement for a new game in their series. I would [redacted] if that happened.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

WAKE ME UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE

CANT WAKE UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE

SAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEE

Ha ha ha cuddle

Pyra.png
pyra.png
ac1432e.jpg

wait ****

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Back off will ya, I never said they were likely, but when I'd does come to first party characters, a Three Houses character is generally bought up more than any other.

You zeroed in on one thing I said and acted like I was everything against a franchise. My main gripe is against so many Third Parties.

I don't care if Nintendo characters aren't considered as "hype", they're more hype to me and I have much more of a connection to them compared to any third party characters brought up not named Banjo (who when I made that connection with, WERE Nintendo characters)
I would prefer more nintendo charcters too, but that doesn't appear to be common consensus anymore. I ran a poll over on Gamefaqs on what type the characters they want are. The grand majority have largely 3rd party wants. 3rd Party DLC just sells better.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77656740

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I see people suggest Nintendo v Capcom but why would they do that when there's Smash. I know the gameplay is different, but Capcom could just give the ok for their main mascots in Smash and voila but with other guests included as well.

Not to mention the Nintendo cast probably won't be as good as people speculate with the Big N calling the shots.
Because Capcom shouldn't have favoritism among the third party companies.

Plus, if it's half, no, a quarter as good as the lineup in Ultimate (which Nintendo had to approve) then I think it would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom