• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
As someone who lacks in knowledge of the Persona games, do P1 and P2 exist? All I know of the first one is a small TV Tropes article I read months ago.
No. The series started with Persona 3.

D

Deleted member

Time for my own personal poll. Which form of Mementos is your favorite? Whether that be based on which Persona game is your fave, or just looks alone.

My favorite, based just on looks, is the P3 version.
P3 looks gorgeous with the blue and green it's really appealing, Second would be P5 then P4.
>Mii Costume theory except it actually holds some weight

View attachment 209334

The Tails and Knuckles Mii Costumes returning from Sm4sh is definitely one of the more interesting additions this update. It certainly makes things more intense in terms of speculation, and leaves popular picks who were Mii Costumes (Geno, Lloyd, Heihachi, Monster Hunter) in an odd state of limbo. I'd personally lean towards complete disconfirmation.

KOS-MOS for Bandai Namco rep?

inb4 Brave is actually ****ing Agumon
I can't wait until the Geno costume comes back with 0 changes while costing the exact same amount of money as last time, It's gonna be great!

Okay I may be a little moody but at least a Geno Costume is something while other characters don't even get that like Chorus Kids, BDee, Etc.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
As someone who lacks in knowledge of the Persona games, do P1 and P2 exist? All I know of the first one is a small TV Tropes article I read months ago.
They do. But they're not Persona games if that makes any sense.

They're much closer to SMT than modern Persona (starting with Persona 3), so they're not really spoken of.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They exist and they even received remakes for the PSP. Just treat them like your typical RPG like Earthbound. You walk around town, you explore a dungeon, rinse and repeat. The multiple persona gimmick is still there too. The problem is that a lot of people started becoming familiar with Persona around Persona 3 when they made it about the day-to-day life. Personas 1 and 2 aren't bad from what I hear, but they are far cries from Persona 3 and onward.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I can see Erdrick at E3, but I'd be surprised if he was alone.

He could come with another character, though; that's how Smash 4's E3s did it, reveal multiple characters, each having Mega Man and Pac-Man as the "get hyped my dudes" character.

As for Mii Costume theory: it's possible, but also possible that they'll either release them separately like in Smash 4 if they want them all back, or they just won't bring them back.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That was more of a joke post. I dont really think Sub could work as a Scorpion echo though, they are literally fire and ice. So I would just keep it as Scorpion in actuality.
All it would take are different specials.
And only 2-3 of them need to be different.
Make a teleporting punch one of the three.
A slide could even be one of the others.
Give Scorpion his iconic tether, flame breath.
Sub Zero two iconic freezing moves.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I mean, Erdrick at e3 wouldn't surprise me one bit, for christ's sake, we got ****ing Palutena at E3.

But I also find it weird we know nothing about the next character.
It makes sense in retrospect, during Smash 4's DLC Roy and Ryu were also kept under wraps until right at E3 and if it wasn't for the numerous datamines around them they would've been big surprises for the fanbase. It seems like Sakurai and Nintendo may want whoever "Brave" is to be a big surprise for their E3 showing in a similar manner, though like Roy and Ryu it's been slightly spoiled by datamines.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They do. But they're not Persona games if that makes any sense.

They're much closer to SMT than modern Persona (starting with Persona 3), so they're not really spoken of.
Ahh, I get it. Thanks.
Also, what’s SMT?

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
“Help me Tax savior, for that I have greatly regretted the choices that I have made, as this Dark projectile is bestowed against me.”

44E70F35-48C6-47E8-9734-365FAF26DB2C.png

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Current mood btw

So, who else is getting the Mii Costumes? I'm gonna.
I don't know. Last time I got the Mega Man ones and Heihachi, which actually motivated me to use Miis in casual matches on occasion. And since they are online usable now, maybe if those comeback I'd use 'em again.

But I'm not a Persona dude, so I feel like I'd only get Joker himself.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
no serious speculator would use the Stage Builder as a Banjo argument, rather they should look at insiders, Loot Crate being suspicious, and things Phil Spencer has said including what he said about Japanese companies and making this E3 big during the Inside XBox thing.

I would personally include a couple of Minecraft employees also seemingly backtracking or being unable to give a straight answer when asked about Steve in Smash, one using a grimace emoji, and also the possibility of Minecraft actually being used as leakbait.
Lootcrate suspicious what?

D

Deleted member

i give it negative 17 seconds until the shared content thing is filled with penis stages

D

Deleted member

If there were to be a Mortal Kombat character in Smash, I’d love for it to be Johnny Cage. As much as I’d like to, I’ve never played an MK game, but Johnny has so much charm and character and epic green powers.
I love the dude.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I can see Erdrick at E3, but I'd be surprised if he was alone.

He could come with another character, though; that's how Smash 4's E3s did it, reveal multiple characters, each having Mega Man and Pac-Man as the "get hyped my dudes" character.

As for Mii Costume theory: it's possible, but also possible that they'll either release them separately like in Smash 4 if they want them all back, or they just won't bring them back.
@Bolderousness' gets saved in 1 day as both Banjo and Erdrick are announced at E3.

It's going to happen.

D

Deleted member

Shin Megami Tensei.

It's the series that Persona is a spin-off of.

Don't know too much about it outside of that.
Ha, funny that the series of a spin-off is far more popular than the main-series itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Joker has been promoted to being either a sub or fun character to use...not gonna hate this magnificent creature (also Makoto...oh mah gawd they have Makoto here)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
What if Joker doesn’t drop at exactly Midnight?

Do we panic?

Or what if he does but no one can get him?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Lootcrate suspicious what?
It might mean nothing but it still feels very suspicious, like they jumped the gun on something they weren't supposed to give out yet.

Banjo-Kazooie was supposed to have an item in the lootcrates in February, to go with a "sidekicks" or duo theme, but the item was pulled and Banjo-Kazooie disappeared from their website or whatever. The official Loot Crate twitter also tweeted about Banjo-Kazooie and asked if people would be hyped for them in Smash, but it was deleted and no explanation was given for any of this, just they let people get refunds and apologized that it was gone.

edit: apparently it was actually delayed, but I don't recall this being mentioned in the B-K thread so I guess it was never publicly explained. woops. There's still other stuff leaning in Banjo's favor, though, as I mentioned.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You guys.

Mementos without hazards might be a legal stage choice.

RIVERS IN THE DESERT PLAYING IN EVO GRAND FINALS COULD ACTUALLY HAPPEN.

Shroob

Sup?
Just noticed the Velvet Room's song was white, unlike the other 3 categories of songs.

I wonder if it means it'll randomly choose a stage type.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
>Mii Costume theory except it actually holds some weight

View attachment 209334

The Tails and Knuckles Mii Costumes returning from Sm4sh is definitely one of the more interesting additions this update. It certainly makes things more intense in terms of speculation, and leaves popular picks who were Mii Costumes (Geno, Lloyd, Heihachi, Monster Hunter) in an odd state of limbo. I'd personally lean towards complete disconfirmation.

KOS-MOS for Bandai Namco rep?

inb4 Brave is actually ****ing Agumon
SCENES WHEN THE 5CHAN VELVET CROWE LEAK WAS REAL

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The Mii costume theory sounds cool on paper, with the remaining 3rd Party costumes being released with that company's character. However, that would imply that there would be 2 Sega DLC reps, because if the the theory were the case, Jacky and Akira would also be released with Joker, but that didn't happen. So either there's FOUR Sega reps in the game, the costumes would be released some other time rendering the theory moot, or some 3rd party costumes will be cut altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom