• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You know what would bring in more cash than Banjo and Steve combined?

Legal Halberd

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
But at what cost?

Our dignity?

Our sanity?

Our humanity?

Nah, let's just get Chief in here instead.
**** dignity

**** sanity

**** humanity

Fortnite Jonesy for Smash. None of yall have standards anymore anyway.

Roberk

Smash Champion
It's an Irish thing.

You better have your lucky nipple protection on.
I'm ethnically Irish and I've never heard of this, so I'm calling BS. Getting pinched on St. Patty's Day for not wearing green is fine, but I'll beat the **** out of anyone who pinches one of my nipples.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Whaaaaoo ****, im got hit with a brain blast of dangerous ****ing crazy KH theorys
Stuff like that is what happens when you relax (like when you try to go to sleep or are having a shower).

I've come up with stuff myself as I've drifted off to sleep.

So wat's yer feory?

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
**** dignity

**** sanity

**** humanity

Fortnite Jonesy for Smash. None of yall have standards anymore anyway.
I assumed nobody had standards anymore when they immediately loved :ultpiranha: when it got announced. :troll:

please don’t kill me

D

Deleted member

Before I die, I wanna see a game where Bowser, Eggman, Dr. Wily, Dr. Cortex and the Pac-Man ghosts team up to take down their respective rivals.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hot take: Sakurai would pick Steve if Nintendo gave him a Microsoft list.

-He’s a Minecraft fan.

-He wants a creative moveset regardless of the character’s design and would find Banjo a boring “generic hero”.

-He has a history of picking off wall choices -:ultpiranha::ultduckhunt::ultwiifittrainer::ultrob::ultgnw:

-He would want to appeal to the mainstream and causal audience.
Hot take: Sakurai would pick Banjo over Steve if Nintendo gave him a Microsoft list.

-He planned Banjo for the 64 game but couldn't cause of "Grown Up Problems"

-He wants a creative moveset regardless of the design and would find banjo suitable because of Banjo's dual character potential

-He has a history of picking fan favorites :ultcloud::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultsimon::ultkrool::ultridley:

-He wants to appeal to the core audience because DLC will more likely be bought by that audience

It could really go either way. Steve has a lot going for him but Banjo isn't out of the running.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So like a swole rugby chameleon that shows up outta nowhere to bash someone into a building would be pretty rad.

'COLE BLIMEY MATE, ARE YEE EYES IN YE ARSE?"

I love this gen so damn much.

D

Deleted member

I’d be more than happy with the first three + the ghosts/Spooky from Pac-Man World 2 teaming up against their rivals.
Dang, The cortex hate.

Can we at least get a Pac-Man World 4 with his classic design?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hot take: Sakurai would pick Banjo over Steve if Nintendo gave him a Microsoft list.

-He wants a creative moveset regardless of the design and would find banjo suitable because of Banjo's dual character potential

-He has a history of picking fan favorites :ultcloud::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultsimon::ultkrool::ultridley:

-He wants to appeal to the core audience because DLC will more likely be bought by that audience

It could really go either way. Steve has a lot going for him but Banjo isn't out of the running.
Hotter take:
This "Sakurai was given a list" is total fan conjecture.

The exact words are:
"Nintendo made the selection. He decides if he can make a character from selection."

The amount of creative decision-making Sakurai probably had is completely overblown. He decides if he can make a moveset from the character. That's it. Not who's more creative or who he likes more. Any further and you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Here's a Hot Take for ya: No matter which Microsoft character we get it'll be ****ing awesome AND a momentous occasion because a ****ing Microsoft character is in Smash. Something that would've never even been feasible in Melee, Brawl, or even For.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hot take: Sakurai would pick Steve if Nintendo gave him a Microsoft list.

-He’s a Minecraft fan.

-He wants a creative moveset regardless of the character’s design and would find Banjo a boring “generic hero”.

-He has a history of picking off wall choices -:ultpiranha::ultduckhunt::ultwiifittrainer::ultrob::ultgnw:

-He would want to appeal to the mainstream and causal audience.
Yes most generic heroes are known to house birds in their backpacks.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
D

Deleted member

Tbh, Minecraft and Banjo fans probably have some overlap. Although I expect Banjo, Just Cause Guy is probably gonna be chosen over him and all other fighters.
His name is RICO RODRIGUEZ you UNCULTURED CASUAL.
/s

D

Deleted member

This.

Steve is not as likely as people think, while Banjo is not as unlikely as people think.

Despite the fact that I prefer Steve over Banjo.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Dang, The cortex hate.

Can we at least get a Pac-Man World 4 with his classic design?
I don’t hate Cortex, I love him, I just think adding Crash might overbloat the game too far and I’m more of a fan of these four :ultmario::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman: together.

I’d like to see a game with his classic design in general.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Noipoi

Howdy!
February was a damn good month for me, not gonna lie.

Lego Movie 2, the Hidden World, The direct on the 13th and of course Pokemon Sword and Shield.

Something inside told me Feb would be rad, and I was right. Now let's see what March holds.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I hope all the starters have 100 base speed or more since its implied they're all athletes.

Hope them boys quick I want some quick ass boys.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Two movies I look forward to this month are Captain Marvel and Us.

Still two months away from my most anticipated which is Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

But with my King Kong marathon I'm having this month along with countless other movies I'll be seeing in theaters I also look forward too like Missing Link and Avengers: Endgame. That'll definitely help my patience.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lego Movie 2, the Hidden World, The direct on the 13th and of course Pokemon Sword and Shield.

Something inside told me Feb would be rad, and I was right. Now let's see what March holds.
February was good.

Lego Movie was decent, I loved the HW, the direct and Pokemon Sword and Shield were all fantastic!

D

Deleted member

I don’t hate Cortex, I love him, I just think adding Crash might overbloat the game too far and I’m more of a fan of these four :ultmario::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman: together.

I’d like to see a game with his classic design in general.
I think Crash belongs with those iconic four (Rayman too, but he doesn't have a single main "bad guy"). With Crash's resurgence, and the new demand for 3D Platformers, a crossover like this would be a treat.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So when all the starters are older can they share a pint with their predecessors?

What would they all drink?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have absolutely no desire to see Captain Marvel. It looks painfully average, and the main actress is a total female dog. I'll just read the Wikipedia plot description so I can understand what happens in Endgame.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Hopefully, goddamn ****ing Joker gameplay cause god ****ing damn it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom