• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It's like war reenactments. :p
I mean, if the creators of Jersey Devil for PS1 had a Kickstarter for a spiritual successor, I sincerely doubt there would be much traction for that.

And if a Banjo-Kazooie spiritual successor Kickstarter could be successful like a Castlevania one, I’d say that speaks pretty well for Banjo.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You know Steve would need to please the fans to bring money, right? And if Banjo pleases the fans, he would bring money? It's not really black and white.

Manga names were never canon to begin with.
Eh, I disrinctlty remember an interview pre-launch where a representative said the name was Akira Kurusu.

D

Deleted member

What if the leprechaun comes in my bedroom with an axe instead?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I have never in the history of ever put Pop-Tarts in the Toaster, that's just ludicrous I don't have time for that... Also I don't have a toaster to do so.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know Steve would need to please the fans to bring money, right? And if Banjo pleases the fans, he would bring money? It's not really black and white.
Except Steve recognized by this generation of gamers and for good reason being from one of the most history-impacted games of all time.

Banjo for the most part is only remembered by the nostalgic fans that played his games back in the 90s. This generation mostly doesn't know who he is.

Compared to Steve. Banjo is much less known.

D

Deleted member

Who doesn't put milk in cereal?

Y'all are degenerates.
I dunno, sometimes I just like pouring some cereal in a bowl and eating it in huge handfuls like the animal I am. It can make for a good snack.
Also I think I've bought milk only twice in my adult life when I don't plan on using it for cooking, so I don't always have it around.

D

Deleted member

Except Steve recognized by this generation of gamers and for good reason being from one of the most history-impacted games of all time.

Banjo for the most part is only remembered by the nostalgic fans that played his games back in the 90s. This generation mostly doesn't know who he is.

Compared to Steve. Banjo is much less known.
True, but although Steve is an icon (so is Banjo), many butthurt and salty fans would likely boycott the DLC just because their favorite character wasn't chosen, Nintendo may be aware of this.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I dunno, sometimes I just like pouring some cereal in a bowl and eating it in huge handfuls like the animal I am. It can make for a good snack.
Also I think I've bought milk only twice in my adult life when I don't plan on using it for cooking, so I don't always have it around.
Who doesn't have two gallons of milk on stand by at all times?

I'm calling the police.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Hot take: Sakurai would pick Steve if Nintendo gave him a Microsoft list.

-He’s a Minecraft fan.

-He wants a creative moveset regardless of the character’s design and would find Banjo a boring “generic hero”.

-He has a history of picking off wall choices -:ultpiranha::ultduckhunt::ultwiifittrainer::ultrob::ultgnw:

-He would want to appeal to the mainstream and causal audience.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
True, but although Steve is an icon (so is Banjo), many butthurt and salty fans would likely boycott the DLC just because their favorite character wasn't chosen, Nintendo may be aware of this.
You do realize that most Minecraft fans would outweigh those people right? Wouldn't make a difference. There's a huuuggge gap between the popularity of Steve and Banjo.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm currently calling the female trainer for Sword & Shield 'Fiona' or 'Lydia', but we'll have to see what their 'official' names end up being and if I'd rather use that name or if I'll do what I did with X & Y and choose my own (I called her Aimee rather then Serena)
I said this Wednesday, but the SwSh characters are probably going to be called "Bertrand"/"Randolf" and "Brenda".

Both are British names; "Bertrand"/"Randolf" are names which are connected to "Shield" ("Rand" means "Rim (of a shield)"), Brenda comes from "Brand" (as in a sword).

Noipoi

Howdy!

-He’s a Minecraft fan.
-He wants a creative moveset regardless of the character’s design and would find Banjo a boring “generic hero”.
Hotter take: He wouldn't pick Steve or Banjo.

Because neither of them are on that list.

D

Deleted member

Who doesn't have two gallons of milk on stand by at all times?

I'm calling the police.
I live alone and don't think I can get through a gallon of milk by myself before it spoils, let alone two. It's no problem when I'm using 3/4ths of it for sauces, marinades or deep frying, but otherwise I see no reason to keep it around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

-He’s a Minecraft fan.

-He has a history of picking off wall choices -:ultpiranha::ultduckhunt::ultwiifittrainer::ultrob::ultgnw:

On top of Banjo being a "generic hero" his excuse would probably be :ultduckhunt: 2.0.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
His name is Akira though
People told me it was the game's canon name when I started P5
He had no canon name when the game first came out, he only had a manga name which people used as canon, including myself when I named him Akira Kurusu. Similarly to Yu Narukami, the 'official' name came after the game and originated from the anime, which came after both the game and manga (the manga calls Yu 'Souji Seta' and a stage show also before the anime used 'Hayato Asakawa'). Yu Narukami was first used in the anime and then brought into the games as his canon name in Persona 4 Arena, which referenced some anime things, like with Shadow Yu's intro. It was then used again in Persona 4: Dancing All Night. Funnily enough, Yu's surname, Narukami, is too long for Persona Q's English Version, so you have to use a different name for him in that game or use Nrukmi like I did.
Persona 3's Makoto Yuuki has a similar situation. The manga called him Minato Arisato, which most used as his canon name for years, including myself, which continued into Persona 3 Portable where the female protag option was named Minako Arisato by fans and more-or-less used as her unofficial 'canon' name (Makoto is dual-gender though, so it works for both of them, though most people still call her Minako, even those that use the Makoto name for the male). However, years later, even after the Persona 4 games, Persona 3 was adapted into 4 Anime Movies where they named him Makoto Yuuki.

Back to Joker, the name Ren Amamiya was first used for the anime adaption, but when Persona 5 Dancing in Star Light and Persona 3 Dancing in Moon Light were released, Joker and the P3 Protag both used the names of Ren Amamiya and Makoto Yuuki respectively in the games (though the artbook just calls them P5 Hero and P3 Hero) thus making both names into their Official Names that will likely also be used in further crossovers, such as the possible Persona 5 Arena.

Thankfully for Nintendo, since the P5 Protag has the Code Name 'Joker', they didn't need to use either of the names and could just use the name that everyone who played Persona 5 would have heard during their playthroughs of P5 regardless of what names or original names they used for him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You do realize that most Minecraft fans would outweigh those people right? Wouldn't make a difference. There's a huuuggge gap between the popularity of Steve and Banjo.
Tbh, Minecraft and Banjo fans probably have some overlap. Although I expect Banjo, Just Cause Guy is probably gonna be chosen over him and all other fighters.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Needles to say, both banjo and steve would bring cash.

Also needless to say... one is gonna bring A WHOLE LOT MORE CASH THAN THE OTHER.

D

Deleted member

Needles to say, both banjo and steve would bring cash.

Also needless to say... one is gonna bring A WHOLE LOT MORE CASH THAN THE OTHER.
But at what cost?

Our dignity?

Our sanity?

Our humanity?

Nah, let's just get Chief in here instead.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Oreos...

The cream is my favorite part, but I like the cookie part too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom