• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I'd like to propose a toast to all the other stupid ****ers like myself who, while playing as Cloud, without a doubt, absolutely, definitively, HAVE to push the left or right taunt button when picking up an Assist Trophy or Pokeball. Congratulations, you're a rare ****ing breed.
That's me..I also have to use it when getting a Summon Materia in Midgar..
I have literally never heard of it until now nor did I know it was even a word and I have constantly made that typo numerous times in the past but always managed to catch it. The more you know I guess.
Same here..explains why its in my phone's autocorrect..
He was a Nintendo Mascot from his inception until his sale. Like, he was used for Nintendo marketing even when Banjo wasn't specifically a part of what was being sold. He was up there with Mario for as long as he was around.
Indeed he was, Banjo-Kazooie and Mumbo Jumbo also had official Nintendo Bean Bag Plushes released in the same line as characters from Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing, and Yoshi's Story.
Those plushies being Mario, Bowser, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Wario, Toad, Diddy Kong, Peach, Baby Yoshi (in many colours, like my black one), Banjo-Kazooie, and Mumbo-Jumbo.
They were seen as A-Listers along with those characters..considering how many of those characters weren't from Super Mario 64 or Mario Kart 64, they must have been seen as fairly important since that list would just be Diddy Kong, Baby Yoshi, Banjo-Kazooie, and Mumbo Jumbo.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, hot take...

Milk in cereal is disgusting... no matter which you pour, first.

It ruins the flavor, and you just end up with soggy cereal mush soup...

The only way to eat cereal is dry. End of story
But it's the best when the cereal gets soft so it doesn't slice open the roof of my mouth.

...I think I have an overly-sensitive mouth, now that I think about it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Banjo was actually a pretty big deal back in the day and helped solidify Rare as Nintendo's golden boy.
It's quite telling that people still talk about and remember the games quite fondly, when 90% of the other platformers from that generation got banished to the shadow realm.
Yeah, dude I gotcha. So, basically there was only two times in history Mario was "dethroned" as Nintendo's mascot. One was in 1994 after the release of Donkey Kong Country, where DK became front and center for a while, and again from 1998-2001, where Banjo-Kazooie was basically Nintendo's mascot. I mean Mario will always be the face of Nintendo no doubt, but DKC and Banjo were such major worldwide phenomenon that the Plumber had an metaphorical "sibling rivalry" going on at those times.
Man, even his legacy screams nostalgia: the character. :bobomb:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
For real though what would your Dream DLC be? (Including up-to three Bonuses and Three Seasons if you want)

Season 1:
-Joker
-Erdrick (only cause I respect Erdrick fans and cause he is super likely)
-Geno
-Banjo
-Sans

Bonus: Isaac

Season 2:
-Chorus Kids
-Mach Rider
-Skull Kid
-Duster
-Doom Guy

Bonus: Rex/Pyra

Season 3:
-Elma
-Dixie
-Steve
-Pokemon S/S Trainer
-Jimmy T.

Bonus: Scorpion
Season 1:
-Joker
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Nightmare (potential Siegfried echo?)
-Erdrick (why not?)
-Banjo

Bonus: Fawful

Season 2:
-Rayman
-Shantae
-Dixie
-Rex & Pyra/Mythra
-Geno

Bonus: Ganon

Season 3:
-Chibi-Robo
-WarioWare rep (Mona, 9-Volt, Jimmy T, Kat & Ana)
-Cynthia (Garchomp, Milotic, Spiritomb)
-Karate Joe
-Dr. Coyle

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Milk first Vs Cereal first
Cereal first, duh. You put the amount of cereal you want in so that the milk and be poured on top and fill the bowl as needed. Milk first means that the cereal will float as you add it so you either have too little milk or cereal.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Reception of the final product aside, Yooka-Laylee wouldn’t have had an incredibly successful Kickstarter campaign if there wasn’t a demand or fondness for Banjo-Kazooie.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
technically, by how you usually test displacement, milk goes first

however, there are fast-moving tiny drops of grain that will send milk everywhere and also are too light to sink to the bottom effectively

so cereal first gets all of that junk in nice, vitamin d goodness

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The replies so far fill me with a faint hope for humanity again

Okay, hot take...

Not this one though.

D

Deleted member

If people don't want to talk about Banjo vs. Steve.

How about Erdrick vs. Sora then. :troll:
Sora would be way cooler because he would have a more unique moveset. S O A N Y W A Y S B A C K T O B A N J O.

Banjo just has a ton of small things that point to his inclusion. The Duck Hunt/Swordfighter glitches, the fan polls, Phil Spencer's tweets, it all adds up. Now, I'm no sleuth, but all of these little things make Banjo seem a bit more likely than he might initially seem to be. Once again, it's just a hunch, so there's no reason to be a...
Stop trying to act cool, because you are failing terribly.
That's the most generic legacy I've ever heard.

can you put this in laymans terms because it's almost midnight dude

im gonna have to stop you there
...Jerk about it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Banjo just has a ton of small things that point to his inclusion. The Duck Hunt/Swordfighter glitches, the fan polls, Phil Spencer's tweets, it all adds up. Now, I'm no sleuth, but all of these little things make Banjo seem a bit more likely than he might initially seem to be. Once again, it's just a hunch, so there's no reason to be a...
As did Isaac, Skull Kid and Shadow. Look how those turned out...

I would keep expectations low if I were you to avoid being disappointed again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay, hot take...

GET THIS HIDEOUS POST OUT OF OUR SMASH BROS WEBSITE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Reception of the final product aside, Yooka-Laylee wouldn’t have had an incredibly successful Kickstarter campaign if there wasn’t a demand or fondness for Banjo-Kazooie.
BloodStained wouldn’t have had an incredibly successful Kickstarter campaign if there wasn’t a demand or fondness for Castlevania.
Shovel Knight wouldn’t have had an incredibly successful Kickstarter campaign if there wasn’t a demand or fondness for Duck Tales.
[nostalgia-influenced bootleg reboot] wouldn’t have had an incredibly successful Kickstarter campaign if there wasn’t a demand or fondness for [item of nostalgia that has not been adapted for decades].
It's like war reenactments. :p

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Okay, hot take...

Finally... Someone who gets it.

D

Deleted member

Man, even his legacy screams nostalgia: the character. :bobomb:
So you ask people to tell you about Banjo's legacy, prompting a few people to actually tell you the impact he had in that generation of gaming, and then you brush it off as nostalgia.
yeah ok dude

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sora would be way cooler because he would have a more unique moveset. S O A N Y W A Y S B A C K T O B A N J O.

...Jerk about it.
Agreed about the last part.

First part? "Everything adds up" is a dangerous line of thought, but you already seem careful about it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So you ask people to tell you about Banjo's legacy, prompting a few people to actually tell you the impact he had in that generation of gaming, and then you brush it off as nostalgia.
yeah ok dude
its a ****ing joke man, chill out

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
While on the note of cereal, last time I went shopping, I saw there was a new brand that was based off Pop-Tarts and out of pure curiosity I decided to pick up a box. Word of warning, unless you like the taste of pure sugar and feeling of your teeth slowly rotting, I recommend not picking it up.

D

Deleted member

As did Isaac, Skull Kid and Shadow. Look how those turned out...
I feel like Banjo has slightly more stuff pointing to him. All three of those pretty much only had "where's the assist trophy?" to back them up (Though, Shadow also had the echo fighter argument). I really cannot stress this enough, but for me Banjo is just a hunch. I'm not extremely over confident about his inclusion, and I really hope people don't start demonizing me for having an opinion. I doubt that will happen though, because I expect more of Smashboards.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
My stance in this is "we make our own canon, *******"
We do. Perhaps the better wording is that Selene is the female Sun/Moon trainer's official name. That is undisputable since they used it for the Figma Figure at the very least.
However, you can use whatever name you want for them. This is true for any character you name in Video Games.
Don't like the name 'Nier' for the main character of NieR? Don't use it.
Don't want to call the Persona 5 protagonist Ren Amamiya? You can name him something else.
Want to name Link 'Erdrick'? Go ahead.
Those are all fine. However, they have names considered as their official names and those are what a lot, or even most, people will refer to them as.
Do I like using the name Hilda for the BW Female Trainer? No, not at all, but using that name makes it easier for people to know who I am referring to without having to type out more characters then necessary.
I'm currently calling the female trainer for Sword & Shield 'Fiona' or 'Lydia', but we'll have to see what their 'official' names end up being and if I'd rather use that name or if I'll do what I did with X & Y and choose my own (I called her Aimee rather then Serena)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom