• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You all take great pride in your likes, when in reality, likes generally do not define a person.
I am likeable, yet my like-post ratio is weak.

Double K

Smash Lord
Also if we're talking about Anime here's my favorite Anime:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Part 2, 4 and 5 especially)

One Piece

That's literally it and so that's why I need to watch more Anime.
Wa̘̗̙̞t̨̥̮̦c͠ḩ͙̥̝ ̗͍̮̻S̛̖̹̝̙y҉̝m͕̰̪̺͖̝p҉̘̜͇͉̯ḩ̭͚̞ó͙g̠e̥̙̞̕a͈̺̻̱̘͇͘r̼̻͟ͅ

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
Hey remember when we talked about accessability last night?
This guy helped make Bayonetta so I think he knows his **** lol
Somehow I really like this. I haven’t used that mode, but trying to get pure platinum on just the normal difficulty is crazy annoying already and I know more than a few people who just aren’t cut out for that level of difficulty. And it’d suck for them to be barred from a game.

Edit: ayyyy a hundred posts

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There's that.

But he's also just one of the swellest guy's I've met.
I read swellest as swollest and now I'm imagining Noipoi as the most ripped ****ing 17 year old.

But you the guy's a super nice fella don't tell him I told you

D

Deleted member

You all take great pride in your likes, when in reality, likes generally do not define a person.
I am likeable, yet my like-post ratio is weak.
Exactly I find you to be a very likable person and yet you have one of the worst Post to Like ratios here.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Everyone else: "Oh no, I couldn't possibly show my niche interests to someone I was dating, it'd just be way too embarassing!"
Me:
****. I just remembered we're still waiting for Discotek to release the 2001 series. It might be the only series that comes close to PokeSpe in terms of childhood anime/manga nostalgia for me.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
In terms of likes my sworn goal is to get more total likes than osby osby and I'm so close I can almost feel it.

It's nothing against you osby I just set out to do it one day like a month ago and I'm getting close so that's exciting. :drshrug:

After that I've gotta reach my girl Luigi The President Luigi The President because she got way more likes than I did while I was sleeping.

After that we'll see how high I can go.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Okay but Opossum Opossum has Merric as his profile pic and he's at 91K.

Surely this isn't widely true.
Opo doesn't count. He's a literal ****ing Opossum. You're not allowed to dislike a Opossum. They're too cute and they play dead.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Fate/Zero's pretty fun. I highly recommend it.

And if you're into any shonen at all, watch Hajime no Ippo.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'll speak British and you'll like it, Mister!
Well **** you too then I'mma speak Australian, mate!
If you two are speakin' in o'her dialec's, 'hen I'll join in wi'h a bi' ov Cockney. Playin DGS really got me in th' mood, af'er all.

Or maybe you'd prefer Scots slang? Ah may nae hae th' female sword/shield protagonist as an avatar anymair, bit th' spirit o' th' scotswoman still bides wi`in me!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If I had to pick my favourite anime

1. One Piece
2. Sailor Moon
3. JoJo
4. Welcome to the NHK
5. Barakamon

I was going to give honourable mentions but I was just making too big a list haha

Double K

Smash Lord
Bayonetta was designed with the intent of multiple difficulties. Games like Sekiro actually lose their appeal with the addition of easy mode, as many people have noted that when you figure out how to perfect parry, the game becomes laughably easy, and regular parrying is forgiving enough.

Difficulty and accesibility are two different things and lower difficulties, while making the game easier for people to get into my removing frustration, is not allowing disabled people to get into the game.

signed, non-neurotypical

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don't want an "Easy Mode" in Sekiro. I want adaptive difficulty. That way the game is still challenging for everyone in their own difficulty but not TOO challenging as to seem like you've hit a wall. Best of all worlds if I say so myself.

D

Deleted member

This discussion really raises the question:

Which is more important? Total likes? Or Like-Post ratio?

Cast your votes now!
In terms of "like-post ratio", everyone would do better than me. In terms of "number of likes", I would do decent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Thanos Police Officers is pricked by thorns while picking berries.

Robin Hood discovers a cave.

Edea Lee thinks about home.

Dorothy Gale accidently detonates a land mine while trying to arm it.
16.jpeg
I think it's official; Explosions are to me what feet are to Rob Liefeld. Hopefully I can improve on them over time though. I think I at least conveyed the size of it through the type of explosion I illustrated, though it definitely lacks a certain intensity. Perhaps more edges around the base of the explosion can convey that better next time.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well **** you too then I'mma speak Australian, mate!
Serious time: One of my cousins actually moved to Australia a few years ago.
If we're talking about favorite anime/manga, here are the ones that come to mind:
  • Cowboy Bebop
    • Best anime ever. Don't @ me.
  • My Hero Academia
    • A smart battle-shonen/character drama series. Relatable characters and a surprisingly good plot
      • Read the manga though
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood)
    • A good time regardless of which series you watch
      • Brotherhood is better though
  • Code Geass
    • Mind****s and Plot twists, everywhere.
  • Kekkai Sensen
    • Part slice of life, part comedy, part battle shonen, this show is whatever the **** it wants to be and I love it
  • There She Is!
  • Jojo's Bizzarre Adventure
    • Part 1 is okay but kind of bland
    • Part 2 is actually one of my favorite animes
    • Part 3 is long and drawn out
    • Haven't watched Parts 4 or 5 yet
  • One Punch Man
    • Witty subversion of the Shonen-battle/Superhero genres
  • Attack on Titan
    • Overrated
  • Persona 4 The Animation
    • A really good retelling of the games. Watch it if you haven't played Persona 4
  • Persona 4 Golden The Animation
    • OVA series for P4 The Animation
  • Kill la Kill
    • Kind of subversion, kind of playing straight shonen-battle genre
    • Girls (and guys) in skimpy outfits tho
  • Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
    • 200 CCs of wholesome and an easy top 10.
      • It's also getting a Season 2 which is hype as ****
  • Squid Girl
    • 200 more CCs of wholesome
      • My first anime ever, which gives it a special place in my heart
  • Ouran High School Host Club
    • The Harem trope reversed and played straight. Lots of fun as a whole.
  • A Certain Magical Index
  • Fruits Basket
    • Like Ouran, but with half-furries and it takes itself more seriously
      • It's also getting a remake which is exciting
  • Fairy Tail
    • Standard Shonen fare, except they continued with it
  • Seven Deadly Sins
    • Standard Shonen fare, rushed ending now included
  • Sword Art Online
    • Garbage story with a good budget
    • The only reason why you should watch it is so you understand the Abridged series, which is just better
  • The Irregular at Magic High School
    • Not good
      • I couldn't even finish it
  • My Bride is a Mermaid!
    • Looking back the premise is funny (Mermaid Yakuza), but it's really generic and I regret it
  • Baka and Test!
    • Pretty sure I watched this one with my dad of all people
      • It's a ****ing acid trip is what it is. I'd recommend at least one episode so you know what the **** it is.
  • Oreimo
    • Why did I watch this
  • Eromanga Sensei
    • Like Oreimo, but worse.
      • Elf is best girl but you know she's going to lose to the sister so what's the point?

That's kind of all the anime I've watched. I still need to finish some big series (Jojo's, Gurren Lagan, Soul Eater, etc.) and catch up on some of the newer ones (Konosuba, Rising of the Shield Hero, etc.)

I'm always open to suggestions. I'll likely have the time over the summer.
*lists favourite anime, also lists anime he didn't like* Bless you, my man.

However...

I noticed a severe lack of piracy in your best anime list. Have you considered experiencing the story of the Pirate King? *promptly killed by ninjas*
If you two are speakin' in o'her dialec's, 'hen I'll join in wi'h a bi' ov Cockney. Playin DGS really got me in th' mood, af'er all.

Or maybe you'd prefer Scots slang? Ah may nae hae th' female sword/shield protagonist as an avatar anymair, bit th' spirit o' th' scotswoman still bides wi`in me!
I need to learn how to write a Welsh accent, because one of my characters is... well, Welsh.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Cast your votes now!
Ratio. Big difference between someone with say, 2000 likes but 200 posts vs someone with 2000 likes but 1900 posts.

That said, neither should really be taken as a marker of poster quality. If all we valued was likes I think it'd promote too much group think and prevent people with different but still valid opinions from making contributions.

Been in forums where it was just a circle jerk over asshats and the amount of likes people got certainly didn't make them any better.

Double K

Smash Lord
I don't want an "Easy Mode" in Sekiro. I want adaptive difficulty. That way the game is still challenging for everyone in their own difficulty but not TOO challenging as to seem like you've hit a wall. Best of all worlds if I say so myself.
The thing about adaptive difficulty, is it wouldn't really address the issue with the game's difficulty, unless you amped up the posture regen for bosses

and NG+ players are figuring out optimal paths to get to where they need to, and avoid enemies harder than Resident Evil

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
Bayonetta was designed with the intent of multiple difficulties. Games like Sekiro actually lose their appeal with the addition of easy mode, as many people have noted that when you figure out how to perfect parry, the game becomes laughably easy, and regular parrying is forgiving enough.

Difficulty and accesibility are two different things and lower difficulties, while making the game easier for people to get into my removing frustration, is not allowing disabled people to get into the game.

signed, non-neurotypical
I just kinda lump difficulty and accessibility into one category lmao
I have a hard time making my fingers physically move fast enough sometimes (which is why I’ve, once again, almost lost interest in smash). Still love me button mashing games where I do my Absolute Best to try and pull of some intentional and neat combos.

Non-neurotypicals rise up!

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

Is it weird that I wish I had a Scottish accent?

Cast your votes now!
I vote for like-to-post ratio. Total likes can be accrued easily just by time. The ratio rests slightly more on post quality (in theory).

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Because he's actually carrying Poinoi on his back.

#Noipoilore
I always imagined Noipoi and Poinoi being like Pit and Dark Pit or Madeleine and Badeleine where they're two sides of the same coin and while they fight a lot, they have a reluctant alliance where Noipoi is nice to Poinoi and Poinoi acts mean, but secretly all he wants is a friend so he appreciates the care.

#Noipoilore

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom