• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK Rankings & UK Season 2010-11.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Ignoring Willzbeef and Blinkybeef for now, I think you're trying to put too much functionality into a single spreadsheet. As such, I've started work compiling an online database, which, once I've inputted all the data and written the php scripts needed to maintain it, should require much less manual labour and be more easily accessible to the community.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
response to willz in quote
Willz Says:

Everyone from 1-6 (and other players like amcd and VA) **** me, but I can beat everyone else.

and prof, I do not over-estimate myself. I set goals and I plan on achieving them, and that's becoming top 10 in the UK by next year. I've been playing this game seriously for less than a year, and if me going from a decent brawler to someone who's gradually getting better at melee isn't an achievement in any way, I don't know what is.

i look forward to getting a gay bracket at the next monthly and getting another low placement which doesn't represent my skill in any way :)

rustediron

Smash Lord
Willz Says:

Everyone from 1-6 (and other players like amcd and VA) **** me, but I can beat everyone else.

and prof, I do not over-estimate myself. I set goals and I plan on achieving them, and that's becoming top 10 in the UK by next year. I've been playing this game seriously for less than a year, and if me going from a decent brawler to someone who's gradually getting better at melee isn't an achievement in any way, I don't know what is.

i look forward to getting a gay bracket at the next monthly and getting another low placement which doesn't represent my skill in any way :)
Willz, MM.

That would be pretty cool Hugo, let us know how it goes
I'm still not entirely sure what exactly the community wants, but as I understand:

-Points are awarded as: Base points * Entrants * Depreciation
-Depreciation is calculated by taking the last 5 tourns made from London Monthlies they've attended and nationals

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Willz Says:

Fair enough you got a point, but you still don't beat 70% on that list statistically lol, but doesn't mean you can't come to this monthly and place higher then all of them and having a goal to be higher then them is obviously the way forward....

But you know how the journey is to improving, you know you can say something and then someone comes along and then says you can't do it and then you have to prove them wrong, that's just the way of smash lol :(

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Willz Says:

saying i'm better than 70% of the UK guys will make *****es know about me and will remind them I am ****ing amazing (and incredibly cocky)

das how i roll

i am da bess the UK ever had

and okay hugo i accept your mm and i will win with ease

Tamoo

Smash Master
Hugo: In the end, there's been a lot of cuts and changes to the system, i'll probs message you the format when i'm free in a couple of hours. So far, we're only including SNY and GT3.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Willz Says:

but you're like 3 foot tall you won't even be able to reach my neck LOL

i apologise for being taller than you and i apologise in advance for being better than you in a few months time :(

Kone

Smash Master
Points depreciate by the last five tournaments that we have decided to be ranked, not, by the last five tournaments a player had made.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
LJ duno if you can or fancy it, but want to come up to Worcester 2moro for some games? I've got my loan so I'd be up for paying for half your ticket etc :) Lemme know

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
As much as I wanted to leave this big post, I decided to delete it to avoid flaming. I still oppose this but prof convinced me enough to make it leave it be.

I do wish you (kone and everyone else involved) best of luck.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Points depreciate by the last five tournaments that we have decided to be ranked, not, by the last five tournaments a player had made.
I read earlier in the thread that consideration was being given to a system whereby some monthlies count towards points, but missing them does not result in depreciaton (whereas, for larger tournaments, it will). Has this then since been ditched?

L-J

Smash Ace
George: Sorry man i've already got stuff on tomorrow. Thanks for the offer though - hopefully we get to play soon if not at the Monthly (which i'm no longer 100% for, but hopefully i'll be there)

Hugo: I told you on msn already but for everyone else's benefit yes the idea of Monthlies counting for those that attend and not for those that don't has pretty much been dropped. The idea atm is to declare certain ones as 'Ranking tournaments' depending on the current circumstances.

Ed: Right now it's looking like the next monthly probably shouldn't be declared a ranking tournament imo - as you said too many factors against it, even though there's no imminent national :/

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
To Blinky post, I think you are being over-critical about everything and not really focusing on ANYYYYY of the positive things that the List has (I didn't read all of it lol so this could of changed but I will read it all but from what I read in some of it and what you're telling me on msn).

So far we have already had Bullet Bill thinking about hosting another PH from this thread and also Tamoo looking into doing it in Reading, it also creates healthy discussion,a decent format to look at the UK's overall placing of people who attend tournaments and just a new concept to the new generation of this scene, just enjoy the ride and make and contribute the list and you will see how all will be fun.

Everyone already has been pretty motivated from the list so far (and this doesn't take away from them being motivated before) and i've seen nothing toooo negative come from it except for precision of rankings...but yeah, just sit back and enjoy **** man and not have to search deep into the precision of everything cos the overall thing will be good and fun like it's meant to be lol :ohwell:

J03

Smash Master
Keep on talking like that and when you come to London I will have to stab you in your neck :mad:
the problem is you guys are far too similar, you both talk above your weight and your both ****e at smash in the large scale of things. The whole 'this town aint blah for blah blah' is wrong too coz weve had many douches at each point lol

Pro you lost to yomi...yomi... just lol

edit: the post looks like flame but tbh pro needs to pipe down and man up if you gonna beat fuzz ever

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
the problem is you guys are far too similar, you both talk above your weight and your both ****e at smash in the large scale of things. The whole 'this town aint blah for blah blah' is wrong too coz weve had many douches at each point lol

Pro you lost to yomi...yomi... just lol

edit: the post looks like flame but tbh pro needs to pipe down and man up if you gonna beat fuzz ever
:confused: My post to Willz was a joke, I thought that was pretty obvious as i'm pretty sure he knew lol so I don't know why you're trying to come at me with loads of negativity.

And why would I pipe down, i'm not even being loud or saying anything to begin with except for saying Willz isn't better then 70% of the people on the UK Ranking list lol, I haven't actually talked about myself or hyped myself up in anyway lol...:confused:

So nice try on your random post to offend me.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Willz Says:

prof stop being cocky and overestimating yourself please. you just embarrass yourself and look like a loser tbh.

i am always serious, and what prof said to me was VERY uncalled for. I would report that to the cyber police, but i'll give him a second chance

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Willz Says:

prof stop being cocky and overestimating yourself please. you just embarrass yourself and look like a loser tbh.

i am always serious, and what prof said to me was VERY uncalled for. I would report that to the cyber police, but i'll give him a second chance
kk :( I'll be humble and quiet and reserved and say nothing from now on.

This monthly i'm not gonna win cos I don't think i'll be able to beat Charles for a long while, I don't think it's likely i'll get 2nd either lol, I think I might get like 3rd or depending on who are the top people going.

But wish my luck guys :)

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
THIS LIST MEANS NOTHING TO ME you people are just gona put urselves under more pressure thus resulting in more choking, more johning... I dont care about those who think they're better than me big friggin deal... I remember when everyone wanted to talk sh.. about j3ly overrating himself now most of the uk scene is doing the exact same thing difference is he proved it.

I on the other hand will destroy j3ly, MM £2 IC vs Mario.

to be honest i can see most people fearing me and a lot of peach counterpicking will be happening in the near future (they wil tey anything to get on the list! anything!!) but i'm prepared.

L-J mm
yeniths mm
bullet bill mm
jolteon mm
edwin mm
jo3 mm

gonna prove this list means sh.. and others need to stop getting deluded

and to those actually on the list, well done

Kone

Smash Master
http://ssbmrankingsuk.co.cc/rankings.php <- Preliminary result, will improve visuals and add more functionality later.
Also, it'd help if, when posting results on smashboards, there could be a standardised format, and furthermore, a dedicated thread for ranked tournament results.
This thread is the dedicated thread. Ill just update the first post with current rankings list aswell as the results for the contributing results. No need for a separate thread ;)

THIS LIST MEANS NOTHING TO ME you people are just gona put urselves under more pressure thus resulting in more choking, more johning... I dont care about those who think they're better than me big friggin deal... I remember when everyone wanted to talk sh.. about j3ly overrating himself now most of the uk scene is doing the exact same thing difference is he proved it.

I on the other hand will destroy j3ly, MM £2 IC vs Mario.

to be honest i can see most people fearing me and a lot of peach counterpicking will be happening in the near future (they wil tey anything to get on the list! anything!!) but i'm prepared.

L-J mm
yeniths mm
bullet bill mm
jolteon mm
edwin mm
jo3 mm

gonna prove this list means sh.. and others need to stop getting deluded

and to those actually on the list, well done
One of the reasons I enjoy ranking lists is EXACTLY for this reason ;). But, don't forget results won't lie. At the moment the list is based of two tournaments so it isn't as accurate as it should be yet. It can't be until we hit the fifth tournament point. By the time we do, it'll be hard to complain to much that players above you aren't better than placing better.

guess ill be expecting you to go peach
Yup, if we meet, Ill be bringing out the Old Skool peach ;)

Btw Jam is pretty motivated in smash at the moment. Combined witht eh fact I live in Brum now and can pick him up to go to events expect to see him alot more regularly ^_^

Andy - Just talk to me on msn about this please if you don't have anything positive to add. I understand you may disagree, and, want to hear your opinion. Maybe fruitful :) I also respect that you edited your post. Thank you.

J03

Smash Master
AD: ive been learning the matchup a bit more, and ive also been practicing peach but i doubt shell make an appearance just yet lol, but yeah i cant make the monthly =./

AmcD

Smash Ace
Btw don't take this as being negative but the order of what has been done is wrong.
Really we should of got a national tournament schedule in place first then thought about rankings. Obviously by doing the rankings this means people might step up and host blah blah blah but isn't always the case.
Without having a steady tournament flow then the rankings won't truly reflect the positions and if monthlies are counted.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Kone said:
Something like

London Monthly (Sept 18th)

Late year tournament

Early new year London monthly

March/April tournament

Early summer London monthly

SNY2

BBill: Are you doing PH3 and if so when? could you take that late year tournament slot? I fully plan to run a national in Reading with Tamoo in March/April so if you ran PH3 we could have a full season lined up

Kone: Can I have your msn? to talk about hosting etc..

J03

Smash Master
well at current we only have the GT and PH series, we need a steady midlands and northern host imo. im thought about hosting but the issue is always the same, i cant house 30+ people lol and most peeps aint willing to pay for hostels and such =/

X1-12: good stuff :)

EDIT: late year tourneys are a baaad idea, december and november are essentially out of the question if you want a decent national turnout

AmcD

Smash Ace
Well if monthlies are going to be included can the others go towards points then?
I just don't see why people have to go to London for a monthly to have points included for the rankings (so it coincides with regular attendance)
I'm only bringing this up due to the quote by X1-12 as there is 2 London monthlies included in what seems to be the national tournament schedule :S

X1-12

Smash Champion
Well if monthlies are going to be included can the others go towards points then?
I just don't see why people have to go to London for a monthly to have points included for the rankings (so it coincides with regular attendance)
I'm only bringing this up due to the quote by X1-12 as there is 2 London monthlies included in what seems to be the national tournament schedule :S
I think the plan is that if the London monthly is booked early and the only tournament for a few months then it will be announced that it will be a ranking tournament. If not it will just be a monthly.

J03

Smash Master
lets just say Alan isnt the only one who has a BIG problem with monthlies being included.

for example i consider myself to have a 100% tournament attendence, i miss many monthlies and a couple v.low key tournies, surely someone with my determination to keep my 100% record should not be punished for missing monthlies that dont even have pools lol

X1-12

Smash Champion
lets just say Alan isnt the only one who has a BIG problem with monthlies being included.

for example i consider myself to have a 100% tournament attendence, i miss many monthlies and a couple v.low key tournies, surely someone with my determination to keep my 100% record should not be punished for missing monthlies that dont even have pools lol

If its a random monthly with no pools it won't be included. The idea is if a monthly is going to affect the rankings you will be informed a month+ before so you can plan to attend it + sort out moneys

Also what's so bad with late years tourneys? PH2 was early December and that went fine, had like 45 turnout irrc

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
yeah ill MM 1000000 pounds?

see you at the monthly...

Pro: ive been rumbled xD

Ben: Jam still is top 5 lol
You were rumbled lol :confused:
You mean he was hacked lol?

Btw don't take this as being negative but the order of what has been done is wrong.
Really we should of got a national tournament schedule in place first then thought about rankings. Obviously by doing the rankings this means people might step up and host blah blah blah but isn't always the case.
Without having a steady tournament flow then the rankings won't truly reflect the positions and if monthlies are counted.
loool Are you mostly annoyed because you feel you're not able (and others) attend London Monthlies regularly so you (and others) won't be able to attend it thus not an accurate list being made.

And yeah I agree on a steady flow of tournaments...Bullet Bill and Tamoo have offereed to look into doing another one

If its a random monthly with no pools it won't be included. The idea is if a monthly is going to affect the rankings you will be informed a month+ before so you can plan to attend it + sort out moneys

Also what's so bad with late years tourneys? PH2 was early December and that went fine, had like 45 turnout irrc
lol In this case (since this monthly is meant to be a Ranking Tournament) there ain't gonna be any doubles like people wanted lol...

Top Bottom