• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK Crew for SNY!

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
@Prof on the basis of never having played Swizzy, J3ly's consitent plaicngs, Swizzy recent singles placings. I put J3ly as a definate due to the fact he seems to be in a good form atm plus mario is weird. However i did not know of europes lack of experience in terms of ganon. But you see stuff like this makes it obv why i would not be team manager ;) lol just wanted to get my view in :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
A Mario IMOOOOO isn't much of a great option for crews, but he could still be part of the top 10 and if he counters anyone specific then he would be played.....A GANON IS AN AMAZING OPTION AND IS VERY LIKELY TO COUNTER SEVERAL PEOPLE!!!

But fair enough since you haven't played him.....but despite J3ly's placing if it went to J3ly and Swizzy being in the crew....Swizzy would be BY FAR the better choice.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Sorry for the double post....mods get over it.

Prof
Fuzzy
Edwin
Swizzy
Tamoo
AmcD
J03
Alpha Dash
Gantz
J3ly

This is what the top 10 should be IMO

I still have no idea who i'm gonna go out against specifically lol....like what character and stuff but apparently im the gimp man and i'm meant to take some stocks off of someone who is really good which is gay for me lol.

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman
i agree with prof. but i think jely should be in the crew battle as well. i need to know what days to book off. i will give my money to prof so he can book it for me. also what does the list look like for the b team?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
NOOOO give it to Ricardo and give it to him soon as the booking stops in like a week you waste!!!

And I don't know what team B is gonna be like lol....who wants to be the captain of team B!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

You need to book off the 10, 11 & 12th of August

Kone

Smash Master
I agree. Starters should be; Edwin, Tamoo, Prof, Fuzzyness, Gantz/Jo3, AmcD & Swizzy. Drop
Jo3 or Gantz and replace with either AD or J3ly for specific counter picking if needed. Starter, imo, should be Tam or Jo3/Gantz.

Theres also a good chance that AmcD wont be at this which would mean both joe and gantz should start.

UK 'B' (depending on turnout);

These are suggestion for places...

Jolteon
Bullet Bill
Deathgazer
Kone
Coey
Aiko
Craiigg
LJ
Yeniths
Blinky

and?!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'm telling you right now......don't make Gantz start off lol....he's a waste and he's someone who needs to be specifically put against imo....

Yeah thats right....i'm talking about YOU RAFIU!!!!

Brado

Smash Lord
LC in consideration for Team B ;) maybe play-offs for places if it comes too it? Not to fussed but it'd be cool to be considered lol

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Wow theres a shock to me, considered for team A? Of course I dont mine I'll provide the spice and the hype like a typical OOC member lol. now i'm hearing this im gonna do nonstop training for this (OOC smashfest every week! open invite!)

IN MY OPINION THOUGH, its not about throeing a bunch of random players together just to keep character variety. We need someone who GETS THE JOB DONE! We do want to win after all.

(A)
Fuzzy
(A)Prof
(A)Retroking
(wtf cant we have substitutes? hm might be a bad idea actually)
(A)Frostbite
(A)Chrisboi
(A)Swizzy
(A)Gantz (falcon killer)
(A/B)j3ly (space animal killer)
(A/B)me/alpha dash (also space animal killer, i will also PROMISE grab>>death)
(A/B)Bullet Bill
(A)Jo3
(A)Last Dragon (if we can force him to come)
(A/B)Jolteon (nice gimps, we SERIOUSLY need the gimps)
(B)Warning ( very big MAYBE if he attends)
(B)crabman
(A/B)Tamoo
(B)Deathgazer
(B)L-J
(B)Yeniths
(B)JJL

you can see where im going with this

DEFINITELY CONSIDER MYSELF AND J3LY, J3ly plays an unpredictable style and I do well against spacies no matter how good the person is I'm guranteed to take out stock.

Falcon, (Couple of space animals), marth, gannon, mario, ICs, jiggz, it does kinda seem like we need a sheik tbh

Kone

Smash Master
Playoffs wont do anything Brad imo.

Alpha : Like your post, like your colours. However, I would be in B ;)

J03

Smash Master
i cannot believe Coey is being left out of all of these lists. Without AmcD i believe Coey should be a strong contender for first 7, let alone top 10.

imo

Fuzzy
Pro
Edwin
Myself
Tamoo
Mike
Coey

in that order

then

Alpha Dash
J3ly
Gantz

----------------

Personally I think Alpha dash is a must for top 10 seeing as IC's can really **** people over, I've him out of the top 7 as I believe anyone who is chosen mainly for counter picking should not make the top 7 which should be reserved for our strongest all rounders and experienced players.

I've put A.Dash over J3ly as, like prof said, Mario doesn't really have many great match ups, plus his main talent is against foxes, and we have plenty of fox killers.

Mike should make top 7 as Ganon is mega hard to play against under pressure, Fast fallers can get destroyed by a few touches and Mike is a Marth, Sheik and fox killer.

I believe myself over Gantz as im really sick vs all of the top tier, especially sheik and jiggs and i have much experience playing European players. On top of that i believe my Sheik will provide us with an extra option

Gantz should make the top 10 as hes consistent and smart, however i worry about his ability to adapt within a match.

Coey imo should make the top 7, his luigi is pipe and his patience can force mistakes which he punishes well. I would have liked him to come to GT3 to prove to you what i know, he also has European experience

Tamoo might have had a bad tournement but in the end he placed well, confidence knocks can happen to anyone but i know hell be a great asset to us, especially if he rests more lol

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
soz i know i missed out some names but thats because i havent played all these people you guys are naming. my bad.

so whats this top 10/7 thing about, is it only 7 people playing and the other 3 substitutes?

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman
I'm telling you right now......don't make Gantz start off lol....he's a waste and he's someone who needs to be specifically put against imo....

Yeah thats right....i'm talking about YOU RAFIU!!!!
:mad: STUPID BLACK PROF FACE!! U DONT KNOW MY POWER! i will book the time of work and give ric the money on saturday.

J03

Smash Master
A.Dash we have a team of 10, 7 of which play per crew match. Therefore you have your initial 7 who are likely to play in every crew match and 3 others who can get switched in. So not so much subs are alternates lol, Like Man United playing Ji Sung in the Champions league but preferring Scholesy from the prem

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
A.Dash we have a team of 10, 7 of which play per crew match. Therefore you have your initial 7 who are likely to play in every crew match and 3 others who can get switched in. So not so much subs are alternates lol, Like Man United playing Ji Sung in the Champions league but preferring Scholesy from the prem
i get you well i guess im glad to be on the team.

j3ly

Smash Champion
swizzy has to be in this

so do chris nd frost cos they are ****. that would be 3 marths tho. tesco crew has a hideout in finsbury near them we regularly train at. if they step up their activity we cud get them back into shape.

i maybe good against fox cos uk has many, but falcon is my best matchup and has been for ages. everything i do to fox is easier on falco too we just dont have many so it doesn't get displayed. my shiek matchup is good, mario can cg her + CC to grab. mario can catch the uninvincable frame with weak bair too.

me gantz and alpha dash. its a shame we dont have many old timers who still play, but at the same time its good that players from newer times are looking convincing. playing in a crew battle with hype would be.. enhancing to say the least. lots of new connections in the cerebellum.

i read once that smash is broken into 3 parts. technicality, mindgames and mentality. di is really important tho.
handling pressure is part of smash too. its about turning that stomach lurching feeling into mental adrenaline instead. apreciating that your reflexes are much much faster and knowing that you cant play your best without that adrenaline. i cannot speak for gantz, but i think AD gets nervous. i feed off people watching and noticing.

all i can say is playing for my country would bring out my best play and make me improve loads. no second rate player is going to beat me. also between now and SNY i wanna go into the hyperbolic time chamber with edwin.

i really want this opportunity to show how i can adapt

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
If AMcD registers then he'd be top 10 without even hesitation imo, co3y is a bit more shakey but definately a consideration.
I don't think you should add a sheik for the sake of adding a sheik. Just make sure you have the best players you can. At the very worst Jo3 can go sheik.

Talking about frostbyte and chrisboi isn't worthwhile, cause they won't even bother going.

Also, has j3ly registered? I'm just checking cause his name hasn't been added yet.

L-J

Smash Ace
I swear there are like too many fox choices for team B lol
This is so true lol. I'm deffo liking the idea of a team B - would be fun to have a chance to play against the Dutch and have the '2nd tier' of UK players test their mettle against some of Europe's best.

j3ly

Smash Champion
j3ly nd deathgazer booked

if someone could confirm it went thru that would be kl

floor space in the tesco corner. there will be a tesco suitcase full of goodies too.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
for real its gonna be strait up practice and i wanna play you a lot more j3ly too. you know what it is GT2 i wasnt nervous, GT3 certain matches were kinda nerve racking but the reason for that is because i hadn't played much people appare from my crew recently the more people i play is the less nervous i get playing them in a bracket because it will seem like such a normal thing to me. not gonna lie i'll probably get mad nervous in this crew battle just because i dont wanna let my team down but I'm DEFFO gonna work on that. ima practice and watch a lot more matches and learn matchups and get advice from as much players (especially IC mains) as possible. i'm gonna be a beast at SNY

j3ly

Smash Champion
howd you like a lil wager man? we shud play some times between now and then. child travelcard, i could pass for 14 if i put on a high voice.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
i wana play more than just the one time so whenever you can get ur scrauny lil behind here let me know, i work full time though so ill ret free some days up

Kone

Smash Master
i get you well i guess im glad to be on the team.
If we play France you'll definetly be used AD as they are peachless.

swizzy has to be in this

so do chris nd frost cos they are ****. that would be 3 marths tho. tesco crew has a hideout in finsbury near them we regularly train at. if they step up their activity we cud get them back into shape.

i maybe good against fox cos uk has many, but falcon is my best matchup and has been for ages. everything i do to fox is easier on falco too we just dont have many so it doesn't get displayed. my shiek matchup is good, mario can cg her + CC to grab. mario can catch the uninvincable frame with weak bair too.

me gantz and alpha dash. its a shame we dont have many old timers who still play, but at the same time its good that players from newer times are looking convincing. playing in a crew battle with hype would be.. enhancing to say the least. lots of new connections in the cerebellum.

i read once that smash is broken into 3 parts. technicality, mindgames and mentality. di is really important tho.
handling pressure is part of smash too. its about turning that stomach lurching feeling into mental adrenaline instead. apreciating that your reflexes are much much faster and knowing that you cant play your best without that adrenaline. i cannot speak for gantz, but i think AD gets nervous. i feed off people watching and noticing.

all i can say is playing for my country would bring out my best play and make me improve loads. no second rate player is going to beat me. also between now and SNY i wanna go into the hyperbolic time chamber with edwin.

i really want this opportunity to show how i can adapt
Good post.

If AMcD registers then he'd be top 10 without even hesitation imo, co3y is a bit more shakey but definately a consideration.
I don't think you should add a sheik for the sake of adding a sheik. Just make sure you have the best players you can. At the very worst Jo3 can go sheik.

Talking about frostbyte and chrisboi isn't worthwhile, cause they won't even bother going.

Also, has j3ly registered? I'm just checking cause his name hasn't been added yet.
Yup re: frost and chris. Edwin spoke to them and they said they weren't coming. Unless they register before closing they shouldn't be discussed.

This is so true lol. I'm deffo liking the idea of a team B - would be fun to have a chance to play against the Dutch and have the '2nd tier' of UK players test their mettle against some of Europe's best.
Exactly. I don't see the harm it in at all.

j3ly nd deathgazer booked

if someone could confirm it went thru that would be kl

floor space in the tesco corner. there will be a tesco suitcase full of goodies too.
Cool Adam. Charles updates the website so when he check it today I am sure you'll be added to the list. Also, just to make sure you are aware, you got to sleep on floor space in bedrooms or the one specified sleeping room. Buy yourself a lilo to sleep on. Cheapest way to get a decent night kip.

for real its gonna be strait up practice and i wanna play you a lot more j3ly too. you know what it is GT2 i wasnt nervous, GT3 certain matches were kinda nerve racking but the reason for that is because i hadn't played much people appare from my crew recently the more people i play is the less nervous i get playing them in a bracket because it will seem like such a normal thing to me. not gonna lie i'll probably get mad nervous in this crew battle just because i dont wanna let my team down but I'm DEFFO gonna work on that. ima practice and watch a lot more matches and learn matchups and get advice from as much players (especially IC mains) as possible. i'm gonna be a beast at SNY
It is proper nice seeing people taken crews and general improvement so seriously, keep it up :)

Kone

Smash Master
You know I'd be more than happy to lead the crew out Ed :D

my opinion:
Charles
prof
Edwin
Alan
me
Joe
swizzy
alpha
jely
gantz
At the moment this is the exact team I would select with you leading it out Tam ^_^. Only change would be if alan was not coming (he could be going to ibiza instead).

Tamoo

Smash Master
Hmm hard to call, I'd have to say:
coey
yeniths
kone
jolteon
lj
deathgazer
Crabman
bullet bill

can't think about the other, probably missing some really obvious people

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
obviously i dont know if all of these people are going but... hmm maybe:
The lust
JJLinyard
(anyone know about kman, synapse and el nino?)
clockmire
blinky
warning

All these are possibilities

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah blinky and lust? Jjl as backup?
I'd say clockmire deserves a chance too

el nino has quit, kman is on the verge of quitting I think and don't know if synapse or warning is coming

Kone

Smash Master
Hmm hard to call, I'd have to say:
coey
yeniths
kone
jolteon
lj
deathgazer
Crabman
bullet bill

can't think about the other, probably missing some really obvious people
Myself, Ben and Will should be definites. We have proven our worth for a very long time now and will be the veterans in this team.

i think blinky should be making the B team?
Yeah blinky and lust? Jjl as backup?
I'd say clockmire deserves a chance too

el nino has quit, kman is on the verge of quitting I think and don't know if synapse or warning is coming
Lust or clockmire for a falcon option? ive never played andy so don't know his level. Also, craiigg is booked for this though haven't heard from in a while.

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
A good option who people haven't seen recently would be Beast for the B-team.

Also, my opinion for A-team for what it's worth:
Charles
Prof
Edwin
AmcD
Jo3
J3ly
Tamoo
Alpha Dash
Gantz

(and me)

Pretty much in that order, except I didn't wanna place myself.

My reasoning - top 4 are obvious, Jo3 is experienced, and will do better against european styles than most, so again a definite.
The next 3 have all placed highly in recent tournament, and play awkward characters, so they make a lot of sense, and Gantz is just good.

Haven't seen co3y play for too long, but he's a possibility instead of Gantz IMO. Also, same goes for Craiigg if he's coming. He was pretty awesome at ZEST4.

I know I'll do well if played against the right people. Haven't had time to read the whole thread, just glanced at page one so the only response I've got to anyone who's got doubts is ask the top players who they have the most trouble against out of the mid-level players.
Also, anyone who's not STILL not sure, come up to London and play me ;)
I'm free from 2nd August until the tournament. Looking at OOC and Tesco Crew for some smashfest invites since you guys are probably the best practice for me (and the most fun)

Tamoo

Smash Master
What clockmire has going for him is tht he can cone up on a jiggs and just ****, he's played that matchup sooo many times now that he beats me as badly as Charles lol

L-J

Smash Ace
I personally guarentee I will lead our B team to victory in our first two matches before taking out the A team in an epic final encounter.

Disclaimer: The victory part may not be true, but we'll give it our very best, tally ho!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

COEY

Smash Lord
i've just skimmed through the last few pages, cba reading everyones opinion. would this take place after singles? because it should be the last event imo, or at least after pools. if so can't we base peoples performance in singles, and also through the exhaustable amount of friendlies which will have taken place between the first day and then?

i'm not surprised i've been left of the a team list, it's been far too long since i last made a tourney. this will be my massive comeback!

joe's mentioned im good against fox, but tbh the match ups im most comfortable with are sheik, falco, falcon, then fox, and i'm quite happy against peach/jiggs/marth. especially when they have little luigi experience.

i'm quite happy to be left out top 10 for now, but come sny i've got a lot to prove :)

Kone

Smash Master
i've just skimmed through the last few pages, cba reading everyones opinion. would this take place after singles? because it should be the last event imo, or at least after pools. if so can't we base peoples performance in singles, and also through the exhaustable amount of friendlies which will have taken place between the first day and then?

i'm not surprised i've been left of the a team list, it's been far too long since i last made a tourney. this will be my massive comeback!

joe's mentioned im good against fox, but tbh the match ups im most comfortable with are sheik, falco, falcon, then fox, and i'm quite happy against peach/jiggs/marth. especially when they have little luigi experience.

i'm quite happy to be left out top 10 for now, but come sny i've got a lot to prove :)
Heya Will. Looks like we'll both be lining up for the UK 'B' team :dizzy:. Anyway, I don't agree with crews being the last event. In fact, I think the complete opposite which is exactly what will be happening teehee.

Basically, from my years of european experience there is very little enthusiasm left by day three. Most people are tired and are deflated with going out in pools (majority of people do) and/or not performing aswell in the bracket.

Im going with crews first and will be the first and only event on day one. This is to start the tournament of with major hype, get people involved, not start so seriously (ie money events) and also give insight into some interesting matchups that may occur in singles.

I understand that the argue against the above is the notion that we can choose our crew based on performance. However, I feel as if most players have had ample time/recent tournaments to do this already. Heck, I believe GT3 was the perfect place to do that.

Lastly, Prof v Zgetto in the final of crews when they havent played each other before infront of a large crowd would be magic. Prof v zgetto in crews after singles (Where maybe prof didnt perform aswell as we would all like) would not be as interesting/thrilling. Hope my point comes across?

Regardless, happy your making this William. If you go with floorspace I can lend you a blow up bed ^_^

Top Bottom