• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Oh, I didn't notice that date in my message. So the next one is... two weeks away and we're just learning about it now? Or has there been a thread somewhere?

Too bad I'll be missing it. I could use some prizes a year from now.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
hahaha i know

i called errol to get his email. he was so excited. every since that tournament he had taken to saying "**** haiti where my coupons at LOL"

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
You guys and your coupons. Don't give in to that kind of consumer manipulation!! That being said, carry-out pizza deals rock my socks

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
Any time works for me, just let me know -- I'll just be chugging away on my work list of unspecified length with tasks of unspecified deadlines, yayyy

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
thursday or friday anyone? i could possibly make wednesday as well. my falcon has been really slow as of late. sleep deprivation johns.

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
Those days are about where I'm at too. meetings -> hw -> partyyy

And I watched the exactly 1 roy video on the whole internet, so y'all better watch out

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
oh my god spice box on the 22nd sounds amazing
Pretty nice, but the 15th's got ~eggplant~ (*considers it*)

On that note, friday's still looking pretty good for me. thursday: less so, but I could make time if Friday doesn't work out

So if AnDaLe quits smash and Deku leaves forever, that'll leave... not many people :/

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I let the prize go to my family's house. I'll pick it up when I visit in a couple months. OH man I can't wait.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
How's the new job
Pretty good. There are a bunch of other new people in my department. This is busy season, so they haven't been able to give me a lot of actuarial work to do. Right now I'm working on an underwriting project (our department has a few more underwriters than actuarials).

But this first FAP module is pretty boring. It's general stuff about actuaries. I hope the rest are more fun.

Also, I have just been kicked out of the Melee Back Room. They are starting the membership from scratch. We were all welcome to re-apply, but I didn't feel like it. Too bad...

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yo dudes- I'm a townie, looking to maybe play some melee. What kind of tourneys/smashfests/whatever do you guys do?

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
nothing too consistent. pretty much whenever we happen to have time. pretty sure andale is currently retired from the tournament scene, but maybe deku is still going to some? i'll be free to smash wed night and thursday possibly.

btw i'm thinking of traveling for some tourneys this summer if anyone else is interested. i'll be taking summer session 2 classes here.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Was anyone here at the hendrick house charity smash tournament today? I love how I made more money than the charity...Alex I hope you enjoy your winnings such as a football...

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'm the Tim (the non-Asian one), and bert is Kevin, the guy who got 2nd on singles and doubles.

That's sick, I'd feel terrible, but I'll never be in the situation of winning _too_ much.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
making bank on that charity smash tournament circuit. let's play again sometime 14k.

anyone around for the summer? i'm taking summer classes this year

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
No summer for me :/ I'm going to be interning in Dallas until early August. But I'm free during the first week of finals (and before then too, just need some notice).

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
So what's everyone's Smash prospectus? I'll go out on a limb and guess that people have plans on today of all days, but I myself don't have any plans yet for the rest of this week/weekend although my Thursday has a high chance of being taken.

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
and you should help me with my MP for cs 125 LOL
...... that's so ridiculous I can't tell if you're joking.. but sure, text me if you actually do want help ...with that course that's probably a prereq for any other course. I've been getting some practice in my writing other people's code helping people write their code skills.

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
Dekudeku, still on for tomorrow? your place? my place? i'm going to skip my group meetings, so i'm free basically all day.

Top Bottom