• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uhm rate plz

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
your definetly not a noob :)

You have a pretty good luigi,My advice would to be working on the edgegaurding,Don't be afraid to when he's far back.Dair works great against Doc also.

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
Knowing how to wavedash without owning a Game Cube, is not noob to me.

An okay Luigi! Work on edgeguarding and just don't roll as much. His fireballs are best used when trying to hit something off the stage or approaching. (Wave dash, fireball)

coolhat

Smash Journeyman
Hi good luigi for not owning a cube. One thing is u WILL get burned against better players on that WD-Usmash if u use it enough. And another thing is try and work on ur edgeguarding and also when ur coming back, torpedo just under the edge, that way he cant hit u, and u can still come back since u still have ur up-b and ur tornado. Other then that good luigi

Umpy

Smash Apprentice
WAY to many WD->Usmash switch it up and use dsmash it is like a little tiny bit slower but more range. when ever a person is in the air shield grad FTW! so as soon they fall grab and rack up more damage. other than that nice luigi. i don't own a GC either. your not the only one. :[

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Work on your recovery. Save your jump forward B under the stage and use your jump and up B when you get to the ledge.

Don't Use so many Fireballs.

The tactics you used against that Doc won't work against other players and characters. Up smashing doesn't work most of the time. Incorporate Forward tilt into your game.

You have the tech stuff down alright. You just gotta work on some mindgames spacing and precision.

skip430

Smash Cadet
Good luigi, I think you should short hope more. I also suggest not doing aaa, but a or aa followed with an uptilt and a combo. Your good at wavedashing and luigi in general, only suggestion is us a/aa and short hop more.

C 3

Smash Ace
Not bad, not bad. A few things you could work on would include:

Wavedashing

Some ppl would say otherwise, but don't use the D-tilt.

Edgeguarding was a bit weak. Don't be afraid to go out there and get your opponent :) or hang on the ledge and keep him off from there.

Don't leave yourself open with pointless aerials that won't hit him, you were punished for that multiple times.

Learn to be a bit more defensive sometimes.

We as Luigi players can get gimped soooooooooooo easily. Get off the edge asap.

Make use of WD - jab - grabs. Actually grabs in general first, then that.

Like I said Luigi is easily gimped. The general order for recovering is:

missile to close range of the stage
tornado recovery
double jump
Up B

If you can't tornado recover..... practice.

No offence, but play better opponents if you want to become really good at this.

Other than those things, you're off to a good start.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Top Bottom