• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uganda: The Musical- What KONY2012 is Really About

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
@ Teran- That may be the way that geopolitics works now, but that's not the way that it has to work. A more humanitarian geopolitical world is entirely possible (and I don't just mean the West has to change; China and Russia do some really f'd up things too), but it takes people everywhere to make the choice that lives are worth more than oil or gold or any other resource people are killed for.

Basically, you don't have to play Risk. You could play Sorry.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Risk is awesome, as long as no one is dying.

But it takes way too long sometimes.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
@ Teran- That may be the way that geopolitics works now, but that's not the way that it has to work. A more humanitarian geopolitical world is entirely possible (and I don't just mean the West has to change; China and Russia do some really f'd up things too), but it takes people everywhere to make the choice that lives are worth more than oil or gold or any other resource people are killed for.
You're right, humans don't have to be paranoid and individualistic, but it looks like most people who ever get into positions of power turn out that way.

Basically, you don't have to play Risk. You could play Sorry.
Risk puts more food on the table, AND THAT'S WHY MOMMY DOES THE TERRIBLE THINGS SHE DOES THAT SHE WON'T TELL YOU ABOUT, BECAUSE SHE LOVES YOU.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
SHE'S A HULKAMANIAC BROTHER[COLLAPSE="[img]lolololololololololololoolblankpost[/img]"][/COLLAPSE]

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Falcon and Teran are definitely on the same side. You might want to re-read the thread.

john!

Smash Hero
i think the "good guy" is different depending on who you ask.

edit: i'm not really concerned with what side teran is on because he's neither making a serious attempt at debate nor trying to insult people

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
this thread is a titanic struggle between falcon's idiocy and teran's hilarious roleplay
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFT.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Sure man, totally. This is totally one of those things me and Teran disagree on, I mean he thinks war is basically kinda like risk irl and I think war is basically kinda like risk irl.

Wait. What.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Teran did make serious posts that are pretty similar to the point Falcon was making, which strongly contradicts your interpretation of the thread.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I am funny and Falcon is outright rude.

Due to this, I get away with indirectly saying stuff 100x as bad and looking like a god.

Never trust funny people.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
There have been so many ****ing times where I say the exact thing that Teran says later on but with "humor" and then when I bring this **** up I get "OH HURR QUIT RIDING HIS **** FALCON NOOB ***".

This ****ing place sometimes.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh Gawd, this thread has been consumed by Falcon! :rolleyes:

Anyways, funny story. Some girl in my business class gave a presentation about KONY 2012, and she clearly had no idea what she was talking about. All of her information came from that craptastic video. She said that whatever weekend following when she presented, she was going to some KONY 2012 rally, she was going to make posters and images to put in the streets, and she was going to help make "Kony famous." Something about the whole goal of "making Kony famous" was her point, apparently.

I dunno, I think helping Kony the victims sounds like a better idea for a goal for a "charity" (I use that word loosely) instead of spending all your time and resources pointing the finger at the culprit who probably doesn't even do this even more (although he should have a trial in a court of law, but that's another topic).

Regardless, this isn't the last of this. Up next: ZIMMERMAN DECEMBER 2012! I can't wait for ZIMMERMAN DECEMBER 2012! :awesome:

Top Bottom