• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA VII: AVALANCHE - was too good, does no one do shout-outs anymore? WOW

ROFL

Smash Journeyman
lets make this one 2 days!!! and a major!!!

im serious.

we can post it in the tournament listings. have our socal reps promote it at pound. and make it 2 days.

its 8 days before brawl? why not make it as big as we can.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i'm with fabian, smash is boring. it's not because it's actually boring or anything, or because i think the game is dying. nope, i've just happened to have begun to move on from the game that coincidentally coincides with the supposed death of it.

either way though, fabian has the right idea. ucla food > entering the tourny

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I'm going to bug Joe to come to this. What's a UCLA tourny without EzYnJay? Without ROFL mentioning the infamous taunt spike?

I call teamsies ^^

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
okay, maybe I wasn't clear enough...
WHO WANTS TO FREAKING TEAM?! (someone atleast decent >_<)

6th, are you going? wanna team? It was fun teaming with you last time lol

Aesis

Smash Ace
naw i'll prob roll through to say whatsup after the tourny
im not going for the tourny
im going for the food
ucla food ***** all
This is on-campus. Not on the hill. You guys have never set foot in this area before.

I don't think I can do a two-day event. This room is already booked and it's huge. It's within a big complex with Panda Express, Taco Bell, Jamba Juice,, Rubio's, Sbarro, a grocery store, book store, post office, sandwich place, coffee house, etc. So you're covered for food... and public bathrooms.

But... I'll try and book the next day. :)

Edit: but then again, it's in a month... and housing and everything is just way crazy. prolly not going to happen haha

Love,
Alan

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
oh so then it's in ackerman union? i wanna go to this. i will try to make it.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Connor, lets team.

Or someone else that isn't new to this game.

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
I really want to make it to this. It really bums me out that I haven’t been to a tourney since Super Champ Combo. ****, it’s been that long already. Good bye Melee tourney.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like it'll be fun. Would like to go, but don't know if I can. Tssh transportation stopped me from 2 tourneys before. . .this time. . .

AznLanceLord

Smash Cadet
I can probably go. I must win ONE tourney match before Brawl comes out. And the rules are the same as last time right?

festizzio

Smash Champion
I will definitely be zip-tying my controller to my hand for this tournament. IMO there is a UCLA curse, UCLA II was my first UCLA tourney and my controller got stolen. I didn't go to UCLA 3 but one of my friend's controllers got stolen. UCLA IV mine got stolen again. I wonder if mine is zip-tied to my hand whose will get stolen? >_>

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Re: 2-day event: i can try to drum up EC support; i was just talking to Dazwa yesterday about it. He said he'd be interested, but didn't know who else. But you have to think like PC Chris and etc. Could possibly be interested considering UCLA tournies are only slightly below national tournies in terms of attendance

And you know norcal and AZ would come... I wouldn't mind housing or doing whatever to make it as big and as good as possible

Dark_Fire

Smash Ace
this will be the last melee tournament i ever go to

i want to be in doubles, so if anyone needs a partner, i'm mediocre, i can play a decent marth/fox/sheik. if you want to play me beforehand, we can set a time and place, just pm me. i live in culver city, which is next to the LA/SAMO areas

araknophobik

Smash Master
omg aesis
aesis
AESIS
THERE NEEDS TO BE REGIONAL CREW BATTLES
Palmdale, San Diego, Riverside/sb, Norwalk, Los Angeles, 818
its going down muther ****ers >=]

Palmdale: aesis, emerican, rofl, baby boa/boa/teba
san diego: st pat, boss, bone, azn_lep, rickety, edrees?
riverside/sb: knives, evilnem, gimpyfish, me, nashun and jtb as substitue for nate haha
norwalk: mango, lucky, DC, danny, pbody?
LA: dsf, edrees?, etc
818: hugo, larry, etc

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Re: 2-day event: i can try to drum up EC support; i was just talking to Dazwa yesterday about it. He said he'd be interested, but didn't know who else. But you have to think like PC Chris and etc. Could possibly be interested considering UCLA tournies are only slightly below national tournies in terms of attendance

And you know norcal and AZ would come... I wouldn't mind housing or doing whatever to make it as big and as good as possible
ah same, i talked to smashmac, and he might be interested in coming.

Top Bottom