• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I'm not hosting anything in friday anymore. I'm done with smash. I can finally say this game isn't played for fun anymore by majority of the smash community. I'm just not interested/ having fun anymore. I had more fun playing computers then playing with others. so I'm officially done. good luck in yalls tournaments.

:phone:

Exdeath

Smash Master
I'm not hosting anything in friday anymore. I'm done with smash. I can finally say this game isn't played for fun anymore by majority of the smash community. I'm just not interested/ having fun anymore. I had more fun playing computers then playing with others. so I'm officially done. good luck in yalls tournaments.

See you in SF. :bee:

Noa.

Smash Master
Well it's sad to see you go 2D Jeff. I hope you do end up returning but I would understand if you did quit.

On the bright side that's one less Icies to worry about. lol

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
David you busy on sat?

Most likely I'll be at Keith's tourney but I don't have a ride as of yet and I can't stay at their place this week since I'll be busy Friday. If I'm not at the tourney I doubt I'll be busy.

If you want good news, I'm only using them if others decide to use them. :p
That's not good news for me. I want people to use ICs against me. I love that matchup.

pesticide

Smash Lord
Just got back in town from Alaska cruise. What have i missed this past week?

Oh jeff quitting brawl again? Didn't see that one coming :troll:

Haha just kidding dude. If u really do quit, imma miss ya

On an unrelated-to-brawl note directed @ salty squad HQ people (jeff, gdx, hrnut, or garb?): I'm thinking of moving out with a few friends of mine and am kinda curious how you guys make the whole roommate thing work out well considering it seems like u guys have a bunch of people staying at your 1 house. Do you guys split everything (rent, food, house bills) evenly? Just getting some info before deciding about this moving out thing. Thanks

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
We split utilities. Rent depends on the room. Smaller rooms have smaller rent and etc. Everyone buys their own food obviously lol. We do shop together since we go buy cheap stuff like publix bogo and greenmart

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
A while back I wanted to make a funny and informational youtube video about this subject but I never found the time and the subject just pissed me off everytime I thought about it.

Some tips
(more of a rant)
when moving into a place with your friends.

This is vital. Make a "housemate contract". Maybe you want the top shelf of the fridge and no one should touch stuff that is there. Or you bud has work at 6am every morning, so the tv can't be past 30 on volume after 9pm. Shared chores should be on paper. Taking out trash by turns, or cutting the grass or whatever... You never know, maybe one of your friends is a complete slob and likes to chuck toilet paper in the trash next to the toilet instead of flushing them after he wipes his *** then refuses to take out the ****in bathroom trash like a little ***** because his mom kept doing it for him andnow the little princess thinks that his friends are supposed to do it too.

This is super important if you want a chance at keeping your deposit. Do a walkthrough with the landlord or realtor, mark down everything that is even in the slight bit off/damaged/worn and take photos. You can be damn sure the realtor is going to activate pickled fish **** mode and notice all those things plus more when you move out and charge you for them even if you didn't do the damage. Ah and also make sure that if something breaks you let them know asap so it doesn't come to the end and they charge you for it on walkout. You don't want to be stuck in a house with no AC in hotter than the devils **** florida summers anyway, right? They need to fix that ****. If they don't, then fix it yourself or hire someone but keep all the receipts and have them reimburse you. You see where I'm going with this? You have tenants rights.. Put on the big boy pants, click that **** and read it.

Don't split the house cost by number of people. You are gonna get salty when you find out your bro is paying the same price for a room that is 15% bigger. Get a tape measure, sum the volume of all the private or non shared rooms and determine the quotient of the rooms each person will have vs total space. Multiply quotient by total cost to find how much each friend should pay for their respective areas.

Don't have one person handling all the bills. Rent, water, electricity, internet, etc. If someone complains that they have bad credit and will have to put down a big deposit to have it under their name then that means they will probably be late on their share of every bill. **** that, make them do it anyway. Write down some rules for what happens on a late bill, you don't want some ****** telling you the late charge should be split because their pappy didn't send them a check soon enough. Housemate contracts, dammit. Write that **** down. And keep this delicious nugget of fact in mind. If their names are not on the lease.... they can up and disappear at any time without any repercussion.

Change your goddamn air filters once a month, they are seriously like 50¢ at Home depot. And while you are at it get vacuuming to be on the "housemate contract" chore list. The carpet soaks up all your foot sweat, loose dandruff, pubes n crap. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there and being lifted into the air for your ******* to breathe because you can't change a goddamn 50¢ filter. Plus, if you vacuum your carpet regularly then you will have less of a problem with your realtor at the end when they try to slap a $2200 carpet replacement bill on your greasy forehead AFTER they take your deposit away to repair the ventilation air compressor that has months of foot fungus/dandruff/pubes clogged in it.

God I'm already too pissed to write the rest. ::sigh:: maybe I'll edit this later.

Listen to George Carlin

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I can feel the salt and hate from personal experience in that post lol.

Saving that in a txt file though. Not that I ever plan on moving in with people, but I think there's a lot of true **** in there.

:rosalina:

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Well I'm a nursing major, that pays very well, plus I'll be moving on to become a Nurse Practitioner. I don't think I'll have to worry too much about supporting myself lol.

:rosalina:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
So the car is me action kuro and mooney? Or will they not all fit? And Is action gonna drive to mink house Friday/Saturday?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I believe action is coming with us due to space reasons. I would prefer to drive up Friday night. I'm sure kuro is cool with it. Just need to get ahold of action. Like. ASAP.

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
I believe action is coming with us due to space reasons. I would prefer to drive up Friday night. I'm sure kuro is cool with it. Just need to get ahold of action. Like. ASAP.
Out of sheer boredom and the fact that I want to practice. I'll gladly be at your house around 9 pm or maybe 6 pm...but yea, I'll let you know when I am on my way on Friday.

there your confirmation of me being at your house Friday night.

PS: I'll poke Mooney on Steam now

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Action I'm pretty sure mink wants to leave Friday night so try to be at his house by 8. Cause thats when I get off. And I'm pretty sure he wants to leave soon as I get off

Top Bottom