• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ubisoft character discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
With the confirmation of a Rayman trophy, please discuss the potential of a Ubisoft rep.

Rabbids: Probably the most likely outside of Rayman, the Rabbids are a bunch of psychotic rabbits that branched off from the Rayman series and became their own thing. A very annoying and irritating thing. They don't rely on fire arms or anything that would need to be removed from them in order to make them fit. They've also appeared in a Smash bros like fighting game before.

ZombiU Survivor: *Description to be added*

Aiden Pearce: Unlike Sam Fisher and the Assassins, Aiden doesn't need to rely on guns and knives. He could easily be the most unique character out of all the Ubisoft choices by simply using his club and his hacking abilities. But he's too new as a third party and compared to other choices he has no business being in Smash.

Sam Fisher: *Description to be added*

The Prince or Persia: *Description to be added*

Child of Light: *Description to be added*

Jade: *Description to be added*

Related threads:

Rayman: http://smashboards.com/threads/rayman-hero-of-the-glade-of-dreams-discussion-thread.324674/

Assassin's Creed Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-brotherhood-animus-stage-added.324488/

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I don't see a Ubisoft rep happening. I think they may just be adding trophies from other companies, such as Ubisoft. It's a really nice touch if you ask me.
P.S. @ NintenRob NintenRob you may want to add more to the op. As it stands I think it might get locked by the mods.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I don't see a Ubisoft rep happening. I think they may just be adding trophies from other companies, such as Ubisoft. It's a really nice touch if you ask me.
P.S. @ NintenRob NintenRob you may want to add more to the op. As it stands I think it might get locked by the mods.
Any suggestions?

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Yet it would be odd how they just placed the trophy there... some say that it might be an AC assassin, but honestly I don't know.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I see Rayman as very possible DLC.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Well... there is the idea that there will be only third party character trophies; specially if they have been related to Nintendo somehow.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think Ubisoft is deserving of a character

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I would take Ezio over Lucina any day and maybe robin. He is cool as hell but it would be hard to add him and not have blood everywhere.

Mr_Anderson

Smash Cadet
I really hope that, if there is a Ubisoft rep, that it's Travis Touchdown. He's my most wanted newcomer, just barely beating out Crono. Neither are particularly likely, but this trophy gives me a sliver of hope for Travis. His games are bloody and foul, yes, but I still think that the violence and profanity could be tuned down a bit for Smash.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I would take Ezio over Lucina any day and maybe robin. He is cool as hell but it would be hard to add him and not have blood everywhere.
Assasins creed isn't particularly bloody for being an AAA serious game about assasination. but dunno if assasins creed is the best ubisoft representative for smash. although it's certainly not imposible.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
We already have THREE 3rd party characters (Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man) Do we really need more?
If people can hope for Snake to come back, why can't other people hope for a Ubisoft rep?

Anyways, aside from Rayman, there is no popular/memorable/gaming icon character to be in Smash coming from Ubisoft. Goblox? Barbara? Sam Fisher? The Prince of Persia? An Assassin's Creed boring-ass protagonist? That awful dude from Watch_Dogs? Nah. I mean, there is Aurora from Child of Light, who would fit perfectly in Smash, but she is neither popular or a gaming icon like Rayman, Pac-Man and others.

So unless Rayman is somehow playable, I don't Ubisoft is getting a rep, at least not in SSB4/SSB5. Perhaps in SSB6, if there is one.

Lordo

Smash Rookie
The Rayman trophy definitely increases the chances of a Ubisoft Rep popping up. Even though there are tons of other 3ed party characters that I'd much rather see in Smash first, I'm wondering who could represent Ubisoft in Smash bros? To me an AC character or a raving Rabbit seem to be the most obvious choices. Any suggestions? Maybe Prince of Persia, Sam Fisher, or even that Watchdogs protagonist?

Morbi

Scavenger
Ezio; it would be his second appearance in a fighting game. :denzel:

But seriously, Rayman was the most plausible Ubisoft representative. I doubt we are going to get one.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
The Rayman trophy definitely increases the chances of a Ubisoft Rep popping up. Even though there are tons of other 3ed party characters that I'd much rather see in Smash first, I'm wondering who could represent Ubisoft in Smash bros? To me an AC character or a raving Rabbit seem to be the most obvious choices. Any suggestions? Maybe Prince of Persia, Sam Fisher, or even that Watchdogs protagonist?
Rayman is actually a much better choice than the other ones. Rabbids don't really have demand other than a small handful of very out view people. Assassins, Aiden Pearce, Sam Fisher, and the Prince would need work to fit in.

They needed to take away Snake's guns, knives, and cigarettes when adding him. So there goes a lot of any of the assassins chances due to most of them using knives as their main weapons. (And a guns for a select few)

That also effects Sam Fisher. Who really, to my knowledge, would be harder to work with than Snake was.

Aiden could probably be easier to fit into Smash compared to Snake. Mostly because he doesn't need guns for a moveset. He has hacking and his nightstick. But he REALLY has no business being in Smash.

Rayman could literally be dropped into Smash without any work to make him fit. He's one of those characters that could fit in instantly with the rest of the cast and the world of Smash in general. The Rabbids could also but no one wants them. Plus they'd probably be a Smash Run enemy if Rayman got in.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Maybe if you guys sugggest a character with a little desciption to why they could be in, I will edit it into OP.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
As Rayman is the mascot of UbiSoft, has a trophy, and is really the only plausible choice, it's a no-brainer.

Rayman needs to be added as DLC, if he isn't some kind of surprise fighter.

I imagine Micheal Ancel went to Sakurai like Kojima did and there just wasn't time, so Sakurai just added a trophy in the plans of upgrading him to DLC fighter after the games get released.

Lordo

Smash Rookie
Rayman is the best fit and I doubt Sakurai would ruin the surprise of Rayman by announcing his trophy first like that. Most likely, there won't be a Ubisoft rep, I know. It's more likely that the post just gives us more insight into the variety of trophies in this game. Other 3ed party characters may also show up as trophies if you have their game or something along those lines. Just wondering if Ubisoft has someone other then Rayman who could make the cut… and it sounds like they don't have a lot of support.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Rayman is the best fit and I doubt Sakurai would ruin the surprise of Rayman by announcing his trophy first like that. Most likely, there won't be a Ubisoft rep, I know. It's more likely that the post just gives us more insight into the variety of trophies in this game. Other 3ed party characters may also show up as trophies if you have their game or something along those lines. Just wondering if Ubisoft has someone other then Rayman who could make the cut… and it sounds like they don't have a lot of support.
Well your only other, plausible, choice are the Rabbids. So you can see why it's hard. :laugh:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Blaggh, does anyone want to take over? I only thought I would get in before the crowd for this, mods can change who has the OP can't they?

Lordo

Smash Rookie
Well your only other, plausible, choice are the Rabbids. So you can see why it's hard. :laugh:
If you go off sales figures alone, then an Assasin makes sense. But what a waste of a character slot that would be… I'm glad that won't happen lol.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Go ahead, tag a mod now if you want.
Alright. I PMed a mod.

If you go off sales figures alone, then an Assasin makes sense. But what a waste of a character slot that would be… I'm glad that won't happen lol.
I think Sakurai may be an AC fan. I say this because he tweeted a picture of two Assassin's Creed games next to his cat.

Last edited:

Lordo

Smash Rookie
Alright. I PMed a mod.

I think Sakurai may be an AC fan. I say this because he tweeted a picture of two Assassin's Creed games next to his cat.
I don't blame him, I'm a fan of the AC franchise myself. Smash Bros is a great advertising platform so if Sakurai is a fan and Ubisoft knows this, then I wouldn't put it beyond Ubisoft to pay Nintendo for a chance to have Ezio or Altair show up. It's pure speculation but Sakurai is impossible to predict. I'd still rather see a million other characters first.

Last edited:

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Alright. I PMed a mod.

I think maybe he was just tweeting a picture of his cat, and the AC games were just what he had played most recently? I imagine he's plays as many games as he can because he's a game designer by trade. OI mean, they never talk about it, which I find weird, but I guarantee Shigeru Miyamoto has 100%-ed every Grand Theft Auto. No reason to look too deep into it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I think maybe he was just tweeting a picture of his cat, and the AC games were just what he had played most recently? I imagine he's plays as many games as he can because he's a game designer by trade. OI mean, they never talk about it, which I find weird, but I guarantee Shigeru Miyamoto has 100%-ed every Grand Theft Auto. No reason to look too deep into it.
Yeah. Probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom