• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tyr vs. M2K

prOAPC

Smash Lord
M2K is too agressive, i like that :D
the use of your dair and dsmash is awesome :)
you have to improve your recovery a little more, wave zap helps a lot in this matchup
and i didn't know MK could juggle Lucas that easy :S his uair>our dair? I've never had that problem

clowsui

Smash Legend
it's a reference to tyr and xeroxen's mm, in which xeroxen shot 200% worth of fireballs and tyr used them to his great advantage.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Yeah, M2K showed me a lot of ways that Metaknight can totally destroy basically everything Lucas has. But he hates playing campy so he runs into a lot of my stuff. If he knew the matchup I wouldn't be able to take a stock off of him.

And yea Uair beats our Dair.

I do need to mess around with my recoveries some more. Getting off stage against M2K almost always equals a lost stock. It's kind of ridiculous.

But yeah...God Kais!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Don't feel bad, M2K has had Ninjalink exp. In secret he knows the Lucas matchup really well lmao.

Good job trying though.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
You did great against one of the best players IMO, it's real good stuff.

BTW after playing that match, do you think there is anything else you could contribute to the MU thread, I think I'm going to add that his U-air beats our D-air

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
wtf? You had the lead and you tried to approach? When you have the lead on a Metaknight. Don't approach. That's the key to beating Metaknight in nearly every matchup. You would have much better if you hadn't.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I only watched the first match, but wtf?? I can't get M2K down to his last life with my Snake, let alone Lucas. Very very good dude, keep it up.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I became a God Kai after I beat Lain lol.

I've been driving those guys around all summer anyway. It was just a matter of time.

And thanks for the encouragement everyone. It's easy to see a lot of mistakes that I could have avoided after watching these. Hopefully next time I get to play M2K I'll do a little bit better.

Chuee

Smash Hero
I became a God Kai after I beat Lain lol.

I've been driving those guys around all summer anyway. It was just a matter of time.

And thanks for the encouragement everyone. It's easy to see a lot of mistakes that I could have avoided after watching these. Hopefully next time I get to play M2K I'll do a little bit better.
I always wondered why you weren't one of them since a lot of them play low tiers.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Nice matches.

I think you should use fair more... if you're chased in the air I think it would've helped if you did a retreating fair... it is disjointed and could beat MK in the air if you space it well. It can also go through Ness' fair.

I saw some oportunities where you could've used it but didn't (and got hit).

Your use of dsmash on SV and dair were just awesome. It was just a bad matchup imo, you played superbly.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Yeah, there were a lot of times I feel like I could have played a lot smarter.

Hopefully I'll get to play M2K again this weekend. I'll try to get vids.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
After watching these I notcing that you're trying to moment cancel with D-air when you get sent straight up. Shouldn't you be using u-air because the move is faster?

clowsui

Smash Legend
startup doesn't actually matter. you can fastfall on the very first frame after you input the aerial, regardless of whether it's mk's uair or snake's fair. the difference is how quickly the move ends, because that lets you jump or use a special quicker. if you aren't going to jump (because you were sent vertically or something) and don't have a momentum canceling special, then it doesn't matter what aerial you use.

- steeler (pt main), responding to my claim that dphat didn't di properly at the end of this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4BeYE_GjRc

same idea here

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Oh, well thanks for the info. But something was weird looking in the DI... maybe it's just the shuttle loop, but it looks like he could have DI'd to the corners maybe

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Ideally you should DI every move so that it hits you to the corner of the blastzone and fast fall any aerial. If I DI incorrectly or can't DI far enough and end up going horizontal I use a Fair followed by a jump. Although Uair comes out quickly, it actually has more cooldown than Lucas's other aerials so it's not the best move to momentum cancel with. Fair, Nair and airdodge work about the same for this purpose.

I suck at DIing shuttle loops. You can see it in a lot of my vids.

bobson

Smash Lord
I love how M2K ignored a free stock to go chase the Smashville balloon.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
M2K goes out of his way to pop the balloon against everyone. I've even seen him do it against Ally @_@

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
yeah it's too fun

tyr where is that random friendly i saved on that wii you know which one i mean. idc if it's online i just want it for myself so I can see what I do for future reference (idc about that matchup just the strats and stuff I use cuz I was probably playing perfect)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol I have no idea what happened to that friendly. I don't even know whose Wii it was.

You were playing really well that day. It was scary.

heytallman

CTALL
I go out of my way to pop the balloon as well. It's too fun. I'll watch the matches later, when I don't have studying to do, should be a good watch.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Lol, who doesn't go after the balloon. Who cares about killing when you can refresh your moves. (stares at GnW)

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Though sadly it was only in a friendly, I spiked my friend with Tink while popping the balloon. I was only going for the balloon as well was he, but it pretty much is the only reason I am alive to this day.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
The balloon is the best thing in brawl.

Top Bottom