• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Two Sides of the Same Aegis: The Pyra & Mythra Social thread

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It is odd. Min Min's color alts were revealed the day of her reveal. We got Steve and friends the day of his reveal. Sephiroth's alts hours after his reveal. But Pyra and Mythra's haven't had theirs revealed after over 24 hours. i'm starting to suspect she may actually be an alt costume for Pyra & Mythra. If she was just a simple color alt like the one you did, I don't think it would cause too much concern. To anyone that hasn't played Xenoblade 2 would remain ignorant to the color alts significance.
Just watch as he spills his spaghetti when he tries not to explain what the alt color represents, in the presentation.
:popcorn:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
So what do you think the girls' Classic Mode will be? Here's my take:

Two Blades Awakened (fights characters with different types of blades)
Round 1: :ultlink: on Great Plateau Tower (Battle!! - Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Round 2: :ultbyleth: on Garreg Mach Monastery (Still, Move Forward!)
Round 3: :ultcloud::ultsephiroth: (free-for-all) on Northern Cave (Those Who Stand Against Our Path - Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Round 4: :ultpit::ultdarkpit: on Reset Bomb Forest (Battle!! (Torna Ver.))
Round 5: Pyra/Mythra on Gramps' Back (Counterattack)
Round 6: :ultshulk: on Battlefield Gaur Plain (You Will Know Our Names)
Final Round: Ganon (After Despair and Hope)

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Passing by from Geno and Doom Slayer's following to leave my congratulations.

Ever since Rex's case a couple of years ago, I had a feeling that something would be done to represent XB2 somehow. Either with a special case returning Rex or...this reveal. And I'm glad to have XB fans getting a chance in such a cool way. Pyra and Mythra look fantastic and fun to play. I'm glad that transforming characters are back in the table as I always liked that mechanic for Zelda and Sheik but it makes even more sense here as they're both so intricate to each other.

Can't wait for the proper showcase to see what can they exactly do, the music and the Mii costumes that might come with them as part of XB or else.

Rejoice, Pyra/Mythra fans!

:bowser:.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
So what do you think the girls' Classic Mode will be? Here's my take:

Two Blades Awakened (fights characters with different types of blades)
Round 1: :ultlink: on Great Plateau Tower (Battle!! - Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Round 2: :ultbyleth: on Garreg Mach Monastery (Still, Move Forward!)
Round 3: :ultcloud::ultsephiroth: (free-for-all) on Northern Cave (Those Who Stand Against Our Path - Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Round 4: :ultpit::ultdarkpit: on Reset Bomb Forest (Battle!! (Torna Ver.))
Round 5: Pyra/Mythra on Gramps' Back (Counterattack)
Round 6: :ultshulk: on Battlefield Gaur Plain (You Will Know Our Names)
Final Round: Ganon (After Despair and Hope)
The DLC Classic Modes don't really include the other DLC fighters. The Smash team has got to assume a player only purchased that individual fighter. A Pyra/Mythra mirror match is possible though, but their Classic Mode wouldn't include Byleth and Sephiroth.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
The DLC Classic Modes don't really include the other DLC fighters. The Smash team has got to assume a player only purchased that individual fighter. A Pyra/Mythra mirror match is possible though, but their Classic Mode wouldn't include Byleth and Sephiroth.
I know, I just did this for fun.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I think I've seen about everything in Ultimate after knowing such a cute girl like Pyra/Mythra is being playable.

I.D.

Smash Lord
References I managed to spot:

1. Pyra and Mythra's official figure poses
ref1.jpg

ref2.jpg

2. World Tree
ref4.jpg

3. Handling a man's turtle!
ref5.jpg

4. Mythra meets Jin and Lora
ref6.jpg

A bit of a stretch, but the fact she's using Chroma Dust (Torna move) while fighting Sephiroth (self-explanatory) and Simon (whip) make me think this is referencing her first appearance in Torna

5. Xenoblade 2's box art
ref7.jpg

Rex and Pyra looking at the World Tree with Uraya deciding to photobomb

6. Malos and Akhos
ref8.jpg

Sacred Arrow + The colors make it really obvious that they are referencing their boss fight.

7. Amalthus
ref9.jpg

The blue skin and white hair make it really obvious. Inkling is less obvious but he's most likely referencing Amalthus' tentacle armor.

8. The big X logo
ref10.jpg

DE xeno logo.jpg

Barely a reference but still, the big X logo of the series, formed by the swords clashing.

Needless to say, if you spotted any others, please share them.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So, how long will it be until we see people draw Pyra having tea parties with :ultpeach: and :ultzelda:?
Everyone knows Byleth is the true tea aficionado know.

On another note I just saw Mythra using the same forward smash as Pyra, so I suppose I'll change my theory that Foresight and Smash Flare are always on and are just passive effects.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Everyone knows Byleth is the true tea aficionado know.

On another note I just saw Mythra using the same forward smash as Pyra, so I suppose I'll change my theory that Foresight and Smash Flare are always on and are just passive effects.
The foresight dodge is waaay too good, so there's no way it always works for dodges. There has to be something to gaining it. Dunno what tho xD

zferolie

Smash Hero
Question for those who finished that game. I still have to(a bad thread creator i am), but i am pretty sure i am close. Climing the tree.

I got stuck farming for KOS-MOS, and it burned me out. Has KOS-MOS been increased in terms of drop rate? Also, i never did any of the dlc, can i do that battle stuff now or is that a new game plus thing?

Also, game explain also did theirnown analysis, talking about moveset amd references.

And here are a few more fanarts.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I.D.

Smash Lord
Question for those who finished that game. I still have to(a bad thread creator i am), but i am pretty sure i am close. Climing the tree.

I got stuck farming for KOS-MOS, and it burned me out. Has KOS-MOS been increased in terms of drop rate? Also, i never did any of the dlc, can i do that battle stuff now or is that a new game plus thing?

Also, game explain also did theirnown analysis, talking about moveset amd references.

And here are a few more fanarts.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Don't bother with getting Kosmos until the postgame. Think of her as an optional superweapon because that's basically what she is. Farming legendary cores from superbosses is really easy with the right setup, you can get her in 2-3 hours (4 if you are really unlucky).

By battle stuff you mean challenge mode? That's also postgame stuff. Don't worry about it. Just relax and enjoy the ending of this fantastic game.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Don't bother with getting Kosmos until the postgame. Think of her as an optional superweapon because that's basically what she is. Farming legendary cores from superbosses is really easy with the right setup, you can get her in 2-3 hours (4 if you are really unlucky).

By battle stuff you mean challenge mode? That's also postgame stuff. Don't worry about it. Just relax and enjoy the ending of this fantastic game.
But when should i go abut doing new game plus? I REALLY want T-ELOS lol.

Also, did they make it easier to swap drivers and blades?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's going to be a bit of a long wait. Watching gameexplain's video and it just makes me wanna play them.

I reallyy wanna play as Pyra :D
(I know i'll also like Mythra too, but yeah I'm drawn to our fire sword lady)

ps this should be my ten thousanth post, yay :D

I.D.

Smash Lord
But when should i go abut doing new game plus? I REALLY want T-ELOS lol.

Also, did they make it easier to swap drivers and blades?
By post-game I mean anything that happens after beating the final boss. And you don't need new game plus to get T-elos, you just have to beat the final boss.

When should you go about doing new game plus?
My recommendations:
Get all your party members to level 99.
Unlock all blades you can unlock before new game plus.
Finish the little ardun quest in Torigoth (assuming you haven't accidentally killed him yet) and once he turns into a unique monster, defeat him at least once.
Even after unlocking all blades, get 99 legendary cores to unlock the new blades as soon as you want in new game+.
Some people say to complete all affinity chart on your blades before doing new game+ but that takes really long, you will be putting it off for too long. You can just do that later.

With swapping driver and blades I assume you mean bonding blades to other drivers. In new game+ you can exchange additional experience points for overdrive protocols. Once you get to superboss territory you will have more experience points than you know what to do with.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Anyone still in disbelief? I cannot believe my most wanted characters finally got in.
I'm one of those people that, while not on any of my personal Most Wanted lists, am always glad when 1st Party Nintendo characters make it in. Smash has always been a Nintendo game and while it's cool to see fighters from popular games like Dragon Quest and Minecraft, I think in general 1st Party just feels better.

(I'm going to say that Banjo has that 1st Party feel since they started off on Nintendo and of no fault of Banjo's ended up somewhere else, hah.)

I got Banjo so that's all I could ask for, it's a great feeling to get your Most Wanted in! I also haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles 1 or 2, but Pyra and Mythra seem really freakin' cool and they make me want to play the series.

zferolie

Smash Hero
By post-game I mean anything that happens after beating the final boss. And you don't need new game plus to get T-elos, you just have to beat the final boss.

When should you go about doing new game plus?
My recommendations:
Get all your party members to level 99.
Unlock all blades you can unlock before new game plus.
Finish the little ardun quest in Torigoth (assuming you haven't accidentally killed him yet) and once he turns into a unique monster, defeat him at least once.
Even after unlocking all blades, get 99 legendary cores to unlock the new blades as soon as you want in new game+.
Some people say to complete all affinity chart on your blades before doing new game+ but that takes really long, you will be putting it off for too long. You can just do that later.

With swapping driver and blades I assume you mean bonding blades to other drivers. In new game+ you can exchange additional experience points for overdrive protocols. Once you get to superboss territory you will have more experience points than you know what to do with.
Ah i thought T-ELOS was one of the new game plus blades. That shes just a post game blade makes me very happy. Who were the new game plus ones again?

And thanks for that quick guide. This weekend i may work on this game, getting to post game at least and working towards T-ELOS. And im pretty sure i never killed that monster we were raising.

Anyone still in disbelief? I cannot believe my most wanted characters finally got in.
Im still slightly in shock haha. I just want them now!

Also guys, not sure if you saw, but mew2king started playing xenoblade chronicles 2 because of this reveal

I.D.

Smash Lord
Ah i thought T-ELOS was one of the new game plus blades. That shes just a post game blade makes me very happy. Who were the new game plus ones again?
They are the members of Torna except Jin and Malos: Sever, Akhos, Obrona, Patroka, Perdido, Mikhail and Cressidus.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I do feel like it really hasn't fully clicked. I was a bit in shock when it happened, and now I'm not sure xD

Sakurai really rocked the boat, or at least did something I didn't expect and am really happy about. The presentation can't come soon enough.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
The foresight dodge is waaay too good, so there's no way it always works for dodges. There has to be something to gaining it. Dunno what tho xD
Bat within doesn't always work, you need good timing. And degrading dodges from overuse is already a check against this.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Bat within doesn't always work, you need good timing. And degrading dodges from overuse is already a check against this.
It'd still be overpowered. In competitive play being able to slow down an opponent that long just from dodging would be way too good.

Even if Mythra doesn't have any quick ko options, which we don't know, it'd still let you have free damage. And who knows maybe you even have time to charge a smash a bit or combo and change to pyra and ko.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Never played the game but both characters look very good playstyle wise. Although, I may prefer using Mythra more than Pyra. I like Mythra's presentation, attitude and voice direction.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I wonder if Mythra's Photon Edge is a much-better version of Sephiroth's Octaslash? I mean, she seems to be warping everywhere as she's using it. Should make it harder to be hit while using it.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I wonder if Mythra's Photon Edge is a much-better version of Sephiroth's Octaslash? I mean, she seems to be warping everywhere as she's using it. Should make it harder to be hit while using it.
It looks more like Quick Draw, you need to actually hit the initial dash for any of the followups to happen. And jumping all over the place can actually make you more likely to take random hits.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Changed my main already :D :ultpyra:

It's too bad there probably won't be a dual icon. Or maybe there can be at some point.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I also wanted to stop by and say I was happy for you all! They weren't my first choice, but I can't deny that they look fun to play! I'm mostly just sad I haven't gotten a chance to play XB2 yet. I'm trying to get into XB on the Wii first, but the length has been a bit daunting to me. I intend to finish it eventually though!

I have to say that I really enjoy their trailer after having watched it a few times. They do a really great job with characterization and humor imho. The differences in personality between Pyra and Mythra are very apparent.

My favorite part of the trailer personally was Mythra's introduction. Slicing the remote bomb in half and then that great quote:

"Oh hey, were these guys planning on winning? Gee, I feel kind of bad now."

The delivery is just so great... Very uncaring, confident, and badass at the same time! :laugh:

Top Bottom