• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two New Secret Characters Posted on Official Site

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Finally! R.O.B.'s official confirmation! So happy today...R.O.B. looks amazing in HD. Ganon's looking pretty good as well.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Despite the fact I wanted the super handsome Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf look, it's really hilarious to see how expressive is this Grumpy Ganon

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know it's sad when people fail to realize that it was too late for Hyrule Warriors content in Smash to begin with. It's not that hard to wait until they incorporate such material in a sequel.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Why does Ganondorf still look horrible? Rob on the other hand looks awesome
Ganondorf looks awesome, you kidding me? He was ugly as hell in Brawl and pretty ugly in Melee, but now he looks really cool. What, do you think he looks horrible because he isn't his HW design? But I must agree with ROB, it looks great.

D

Deleted member

Too bad they totally blew their chance to give Ganondorf a cool, unique moveset using his sword and a magical projectile. They put so much time into changing up Bowser, so why not do Ganon too? WHY?!

And no, I will not get over it. >:-(

Last edited by a moderator:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
R.O.B. looks... BEAUTIFUL.

-He actually looks plastic now (he looked very metallic in Brawl)
-He's in HD
-A lot more of his movements are comical and less serious

DEFINITELY using him all the time in matches. Unless Mewtwo comes back. Then I'll bounce back and forth between them.

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
And Jr/Jiggly are in the amiibo pics. Since G&W was shown in the Pac Man trailer, Duck Hunt is the last character to be seen.
Do you have a link for the Jr./Jiggs pic? I can't find it anywhere...

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
My R.O.B. Never look better, lol is more like a plastic models. So lol and wow.
I still main him because is soo plastic and awesome.

ezm1100

Smash Rookie
NNID
ezm1100
3DS FC
4313-2554-8581
They all ready showed them anyway and its not like people don't know all the characters already.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ganondorf is one of my most favorite characters in the LoZ series and potentially my favorite villain in any game really. I just get all nervous when I fight him no matter which Zelda game I play. He was frightening in OoT, mysterious in WW, absolutely beastly in TP, and down right terrifying in HW.

Which brings me to the point: I really wished they would have made Ganondorf have an alt costume of his OoT model and his HW model. It would of been so much better though I do dig the grey and red palette swap. Yeah, we do have Hyrule Warriors for that but it would if been amazing to have it in Smash Bros, too. The same could be said for Zelda and Link as well.

Last edited:

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Hmm perhaps Sak-man is prepping for an upcoming smash wii u direct..
:)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Man, Ganondorf looks great in HD. I don't get why some people were complaining about him being "ugly" or whatever.

Oh and R.O.B. looks great too. Looks exactly like his real-life counterpart.

Derekburn

Smash Apprentice
I cant wait for wii u version!!! I'm getting kinda tired of not being able to play alongside my brothers

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I feel like I'm rather alone in liking his Twilight Princess design the best. Maybe it's my general TP bias, but I much prefer the intimidating Ganondorf in TP over Fabio!Ganondorf in Hyrule Warriors. I'm just not a luscious locks man.

That said, of course Hyrule Warrior's Ganondorf has the best moveset, but after giving Ganondorf an established Smash moveset in Melee, it makes sense that they're unwilling to change it too drastically as that would alienate those who really liked Smash!Ganondorf. That's exactly why Dr. Mario was his own character instead of an outfit- Sakurai thought that giving him a different moveset from his Melee one would be a disservice to his Melee players.

beestmode

Smash Cadet
Cool can't wait to see who's next to come. I call Rob Wall E lol but he's ok i really like ganon though.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Too bad they totally blew their chance to give Ganondorf a cool, unique moveset using his sword and a magical projectile. They put so much time into changing up Bowser, so why not do Ganon too? WHY?!

And no, I will not get over it. >:-(
If it helps, Sakurai still managed to **** up Bowser's voice.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
If we get two characters next week and two the week after…

We get Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Duo on separate weeks.

Trailers anyone?
Interesting idea bc we haven't seen what happens when an unlockable newcomer gets a trailer (besides Dark Pit but eh).
Next up should be :4gaw:
Glorious HD G&W.

Then DLC XD
woah lets not get ahead of ourselves! The game isnt even out!

(but i really do want to know if there will be any)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
heFadedWarrior, post: 17787412, member: 237266"]Ganondorf looks awesome, you kidding me? He was ugly as hell in Brawl and pretty ugly in Melee, but now he looks really cool. What, do you think he looks horrible because he isn't his HW design? But I must agree with ROB, it looks great.
In my opinion, he looks bad. Also, I prefer his Wind Waker look over Hyrule Warriors Gannon

Last edited:

al-LAYN

Smash Cadet
I think I'm the only one who wished for Ganondorf to be replaced with Toon Ganon(dorf). Oh, well.

R.O.B. looks... BEAUTIFUL.

-He actually looks plastic now (he looked very metallic in Brawl)
-He's in HD
-A lot more of his movements are comical and less serious

DEFINITELY using him all the time in matches. Unless Mewtwo comes back. Then I'll bounce back and forth between them.
Yes, yes, and yes. My feelings exactly.

Top Bottom