• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight of Smash 4 (Ottawa, Canada) - Results

Cbone

Smash Journeyman
my shoutoutz

Ottawa

Navo: haha fun times on brinstar =) ive chosen a character to counter pick every 1 there in secret...hopefully i can test him out on you sometime!
Rimi: thanks for the last minute advice and fox practice before the crew battle!=)
Locke: haha i needed that win! good matches though in pools. i can see why that 2nd match on FD must not have been fun=P
Fogel: thanks for the tourny! everything seemed to go smoothly
Saus: your link sucks...roll marth jk your link owns me =(
Phrozn: im changing to YL lol jk
Mouse: my doc > your ganon=)! haha good matches
Arsenic: get a copy of smash and ill lend you my cube!
Shuriken: lol i had no idea that it was so easy to beat ness' on that DK stage *Ness Theme Music*

Toronto

Raynex: i could not handle your fox on FD at ALL! even though i did some friendlies vs you on FD i still counter picked you there in pools...falco reflex >_<
Unknown: lol only played you in the crew match, good fox it was intense
Kirbykaze: good friendlies! i wish i could have gotten in some more matches against your shiek =(
Worldjem: good stuff with marth! fun pools matches and lol at the same thing happening twice in a row! random tippers and bairs for the win!
Runawayfire: good first teams match...that second one never happened...=)

Quebec

PKM: watching your DK is awesome id like to get some friendlies in sometime=(
Chet: ty for helping me go 0-8 against you in 4 different tournaments during pools >_< one day...youll counter pick me peach and ill take her down=P
Vwins: good friendlies thanks for the 10 straight 2 stocks=P. i was able to learn alot though.
ThatGuy: nice job in teams =). our second pools match was pretty suck =(
Damax: good matches in pools your falcon and marth are both good!

sorry if i forgot anyone!

Fogel

Smash Lord
I'm not going to write long shoutouts because I don't have time, but thanks everyone for coming. Special thanks to ThatGuy for helping with brackets and money stuff, and Navo for recording matches and doing vids.

Navo: If you were recording matches from pool 1 I may be on a couple of them. I'm always default sheik (ie: dark blue) with no tag, and I'm probably the one losing because I'm not good at this game. I can't remember exactly who I played on that TV though, sorry :(

Navo

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the help everyone
with vwins and cams help I've figured out all the matches and they should be done withing the week (hopefally) just be patient. I'm making them the best quality possible which takes about 6-10 mins per match to render. I'm almost done doubles.
should i make the thread when i'm done the doubles and post them? or should i wait till everythings done and post it all at once?

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Ottawa:
Fogel: Thanks a lot for the housing man. The venue was incredible, the tournament was a blast and the trip was definitely worthwhile.

Saus: Holy ****, your Link got so much better since Starfurry. GGs in pools man, shame about not getting out. Keep up the good stuff.

Phrozn/Cbone: Sorry we didn’t play more friendlies. GGs and keep up the good stuff guys.

Arsenic: Stick to the Samus man, it’s pretty good. Don’t get down about having to fight a Marth. GGs.

Locke: Thanks for all the dittos man. I had a lot of fun playing them ^^. Learned a bunch in them as well, hope we get a chance to play again.

Gpwn: I wanted to play more friendlies with you -.-. Blah, your wide variety of characters is pretty cool and crazy. Good stuff in crews too man.

Dice: Didn’t get to play you. Good Falcon though.

Rimi: Wow, you should change your name to John Johnson already.

Montreal:
Vwins: Wow, thanks for the **** in brackets? I still wanna face your Marth some and get more matches with you. It helps push me to get better.

Bam: GGs in pools and brackets tearing me apart. You’re too good.

Chester: Thanks for all the matches man. I hope I get to play you more later, always lots of fun.

Jason: Wow, thanks for all the **** friendlies and help man. You’re way too ****ing good. I wish I could have played more against you.

Testrider: I can’t believe David didn’t like date **** you or something. GGs in pools. Your up-smashes were too much lol.

Kage: You’re way too good. Way to **** everybody dude, spot on the PR well earned.

Thatguy: Nice meeting you, sorry we didn’t do our MM. GJ ****** in doubles, you’re a cool guy. Hope to hang out with you if we make it up to the montreal tournament.

Jarc: Nice Jiggs man. Totally different style then Nate, but it works so well. Lol @ getting drugs from homeless people.

Wak: GGs in pools. Wish I could have played your Y. Link though.

Toronto:
Ambrose: Your driving saved us all. Then we kicked some *** in doubles.<3 Ambrose. You’re too good.

David: Too bad you had an off day. You still ***** crews so hard lol. <3

Ryan: Brackets were gay, you’re better then me, I got lucky. Both of us johning during the match was hilarious though. Your snoring 4 stocked us all at Fogel’s. GGs and GJ ****** teams.

Bernard: You and your stupid blue twinkle. GJ ****** teams, your pool and then brackets.

Nate: We made it out of a death pool. Good stuff taking Bam out man.

Josh: Almost got killed at a gas station eh? :O Omg you got so much better, I saw a bunch of your matches.

Eric: Your snoring was painful as well. GJ getting better man, and ty for taping our **** of Ottawa.

If I forget anyone, I’ll edit later. GGs to anyone who’s name I don’t know but whom I played. Hope to see you all again, definitely a worthwhile experience.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
my shoutouts

locke) - you are soooooo nice omg i love you srsly i'm not with testrider either! buttsecks? <3 <3 <3 <3 you're sooooo pokable omg i love touching you :D

rimi - dash attack combos are pro watch drephen son.

dice - i don't think i poked you ): sigh. <3 <3 <3 **** tech chase on your last stock in pools made me happy ^__^ d-air's best follow-through is grab. and grab's best follow-through is grab. in fact grab --> walk --> grab is the most epic combo ever. gj in crews ****** bernie lol. <3 <3 <3

reggie - moar hugs are required imho <3 <3 <3 i love playing with you even though you **** me like every single game <3 <3 <3

vwins - i didn't get to play you ); i was looking forward to being ***** by your sheik/peach/fox/kirby/whoever you felt like playing :p

bam - i wanted to play your fox/falco :0 i didn't get the chance ):

jason - you're too fvcking good jesus. ty for the friendlies lol i wish i got more of them with you ):

thad - lol we're even for your silly zelda counterpick now i guess (even though zelda still ***** kirby >__>) i'll just have to **** you at SFF3 i guess

bernie - lol choked in crews :/ don't worry i ****ed up pools big time in fact my entire pool was ****ed up so lolz gjs on finishing 4rth in singles AND doubles jesus.

mike - lol laziness. you know what my shoutout to you is anyways honey. gjs on taking down gumbot and pkm's sheik in a 2v1.

ambrose - pool of death is gay.

eric - snoring ***** me. btw next time we are sharing that sleeping bag ^__^ <3 <3 <3

testrider - i plan to date **** you at SFF3 if you go. plz go. i'm bringing chloroform and everything <3 <3 <3 you're fun to poke ^__^ also i srsly don't get why ppl complain that you're salty srsly it's not that bad ^__~

SAUS - sheik is gay.

ThatGuy - gj in doubles and <3s you're amazing ^___^

Kage - we didn't get our mm wtf next time i'm going to have to like glove-slap you and challenge you for your honor.... your warrior's honor. ^__~ you're amazingly jesus good and you totally deserve your pr spot. lol i'm kind of glad we didn't crew battle quebec's b-team with all the choking going on with us in crews and because you'd **** our entire crew for free... >__>

Jarc - gj in teams <3 hugging you next time we kirby ditto. pacman > mime kirby wtf mime kirby is emo.

Fogel - ty for letting us stay in your house ^___^ <3 great tourney ^__^ this weekend was awesome lolz

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Worldjem - good matches, keep working on that marth.
Yeah good matches and nice to meet you in person. Great games with you.

Worldjem I enjoyed our marth dittos so keep to the tipper faith.
Will do man. Good games with you. I'll be adding you to msn soon so you can give me some more tips on how to play marth ;) lol

Worldjem -I didn't play you, which is good because marth is gay.
What are you talking about ROBERT? (lol yes I remembered) I faced your Peach on Yoshi's and 2-stocked it lol. But, then you went rawr and beat me the next game.

Worldjem - Good stuff man. Work on relying less on forward smash, because i found it easy to predict. Also try to fair space animals off the map after you knock them back off when edge guarding.
Thanks for the tips man. I'll definitely work on my Marth. Good games with you.

Erix: "hey wak, i'm *enter a name I dont understand at all*"
"who?"
"have you already forgot who I was?"
"are you erix"
"yeah!"
hahah, your marth can't do anything against my roy, my ganon, my samus and my mario... but you 4 stocked my falco and I had a hard time beating you with fox XD (when I was beating him...) I will keep this in mind if I ever have to play you again :p. T'was nice to finally meet you in real life to.
Yeah lol I go by worldjem7 or ER!X and for the most part people see me here as worldjem but, I guess I'll keep ER!X around because it seems to affect people as much as worldjem does lol. Good games with you and yeah that was so crazy, how did I 4-stock your Falco and I can't even beat any of your Low Tier picks lol. Nice to meet you in person too (Finally lol).

Worldjem: good stuff with marth! fun pools matches and lol at the same thing happening twice in a row! random tippers and bairs for the win!
Yes. Hooray for Randomness!!! lol. And remember after every win you get you have to go "CUE BONE-BONE-BONE" lol. Good games man.

Eric: Your snoring was painful as well. GJ getting better man, and ty for taping our **** of Ottawa.
LOL sorry I don't think I usually snore like that. Sorry for keeping everyone up.

eric - snoring ***** me. btw next time we are sharing that sleeping bag ^__^ <3 <3 <3
LOL That's probably the only time I'll be able to **** you because I'll definitely never be able to **** your Sheik. lol. Lol share sleeping bag. Yeah, if we can even FIT into my 30cm wide sleeping bag lol.

I'm no good at posting shoutouts so I post responses to shoutouts lol.

good games to all

D

Deleted member

Good **** guys, sounded like a pro tournament.

And wow Ottawa got *****, just like I knew it. Yay Toronto, we didn't fail at something, and we finally backed up some trash.

Man...imagine if Noah and I had been there..man I don't even want to think about the results of that crew battle. 15 stocked, imo.

lol <3

WarranThad

Smash Ace
worldjem i honestly dont remember playing you

when during the day was this?

if this was later in the day, i have an excuse <_<.

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
Jakes input is always enjoyably cocky.

I bet that cocky will get censored cuz of the **** in it.
Wow, SWF doesn't fail this time.

Oh yeah, **** shoutouts. Just <3 to everyone that was there.
And an extra <3<3 to those people I hugged. DragonHawk gets <3 times 63483 since we hugged about that many times throughout the day.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I think I caught you right after you finished playing Bam and I asked you for a match.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
oh, i was high as **** at that point.

i dont remember much after i played bam/chester/runawayfire.

Damax

Smash Lord
That and you kinda just rushed into the game without letting me think of a ban. But, it's fine. No worries. :ohwell:

good games
thinking of a ban? It was supposed to be done before the first match, not on the last one while it was 1-1, learn the rules? :p

Beside what would you have banned in a marth ditto? seriously. same advantages anyone? I didn't even randomly ban corneria against you, thought it was pointless enough. I highly doubt you'd have banned FD also. if you can't play good on FD you just can't be good.

ain't saying you are not good. Limit break I had I guess. <3

also<3 water from the sink. I was getting really dizzy. felt like collapsing to me.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Well OBVIOUSLY I mean before we start the match and not halfway through it. And I'm not bad on FD it's just some people are better or just like it more. Toronto has a Marth that plays VERY well on FD, enough, so that I can't beat him on that stage, so I ban it against him. In any case, I know what to ban against you next time we face lol.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Did you even read my first post? I said it was fine I'm not johning.

And besides how is saying that someone is better than you a John?

Damax

Smash Lord
Well OBVIOUSLY I mean before we start the match and not halfway through it. And I'm not bad on FD it's just some people are better or just like it more. Toronto has a Marth that plays VERY well on FD, enough, so that I can't beat him on that stage, so I ban it against him. In any case, I know what to ban against you next time we face lol.
lol oh well, I had a limit break. I wouldn't take it too seriously if I were you. My stage is usually pokemon stadium... but then again I'm just too freaking random. ask around.

Fogel

Smash Lord
A few updates on the first page: Singles brackets are up, full singles results are updated, pools results are up.

Pool 1 had a tie for 1st and a 3-way tie for 3rd, Pool 3 had a tie for 1st and a 4-way tie (!!!) for 4th.

Here's how tiebreakers worked, in order of priority:

1) Match wins
2) Game wins
3) Head-to-head record

No tiebreaker johns please, this is how I've always done things at every ToS and no one has complained prior to this. Also, complaining about "death pools" and "hard brackets" is lame, the competition level at this tourney was high, you are going to play good people no matter where you ended up.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I know its a bit late for shouts - but still:

Ottawa:

Fogel: Your house is so cold, but so freaking inviting. Thx for the water, and comfortable furniture in your living room. :)

Saus: You surprised me in the very first set of matches we played. I never imagined I could get combo'd so hard. I mean, I knew it worked...but having someone do to me? Illcakes man.

Phrozn: Didn't play you. You look smart with glasses on though. Does it help yo mindgames?

Cbone: Lots of potential. Was fun playing you - and no worries, I love FD. =D

Locke: I wish I had the chance to play you when you were in your prime. Melee is dying down now, and I can see its taken a toll on the ottawa dudes. You're still a menace with your Marth, and it was definetly fun to finally get a chance to take you on. GGs in crews. and on denying David's hug. tooo funny.

GPWN: I'm glad I hunted you down and got to play a few matches with you. I get alot of practice with David, who plays a whoooolle lot gayer than you with Sheik, so I was really glad to be able to face another good Sheik and see how I measure up. Btw, your tongue is a menace in doubles. GGs man.

Dice: Fun and random Falcon dittos ftw? You did good against my Fox too - don't even ask about what happened on Corneria. I honestly think I should've picked another stage. Its pretty good for Falcon actually...I only did it because my crew was like "you know what to do" . Then again, it could have meant something completely different. :/ Nonetheless, GGs.

Rimi: Fox dittos. Woot. So much fun. We should've had Peach dittos.

Montreal:

Vwins: I didn't play you. But you know I would've 4 stocked you as usual. :)

Bam: Thanx alot for knocking me out Max. How did you hack my fsmash and make me SWD across Poke Stadium? Too good. I need to learn how to follow the techchase better. GGs.

Chester: REeeeeeeggggiie. Fox does get boring I must admit. I actually did the same thing you did; I played my Falcon in almost all my pools matches. Playing other chars really makes me get less repetitive with Fox. Also, I'm glad I got my revenge after that great robbery @ Starfurry. Love you forever. See you in January Nukka!

Jason: I'm going to practice my *** off, and in January, I'll be ready to take you on. Still, you're also too good. Thanx for 3 stocking me twice I think it was?

Testrider: Fun brackets match. I wish I could've faced your Ganon in friendlies. Maybe when I come down we'll play? GGs.

Kage: Mr. Warrior...You're one rank above me!? You goin down. Now I need a 4 stock to revenge trans AND tos4. :(

Joel: Thanks for those chi-something-ritos. You knee'd me like 189 times in doubles. I attribute our dubs loss to your random and effective kneeing strategy. **** you. :)

Jarc: James Bond driving ftw.

Thad: You're so random when you're high.

Wak: Awww...didn't get to play you :(

Toronto:

Ambrose: OMFG WE ALMOST DIED. Thx for the ride there. Nice spinout on the highway w/ our lives at stake btw. kthx.

David: triple dash attack ftw. You're my new hero!

Ryan: Too fun! GGs in doubles. We'll get em' next time. Sorry bout the gay brackets and shiet. It was still worth it though right?

Nate: My gawd, sickest beats in the world in our car. Crazy weekend, good times. Don't forget, you beat Bam.

Josh: DENNYS FTW. God that breakfast woke me up and made me feel hella good. Thats TWO amazing weekends chillin together man. We have to pull a hat-trick.

Eric: I was so impressed with your matches at this tourny. I can't believe how much you've improved. Thx for comin all the way down with us and reppin GTa man.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
Sending sauce against raynex was pretty..dumb I think.

He only had one stock, and it was like asking to get counterpicked sheik after.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Oh yeah, for anyone in Ontario who feels like adding me, feel free to throw crazy2467(@)hotmail.com on your MSN.

I'll post shoutouts after I'm done my exams/projects =(

P.S. Nice crew battle, I was expecting more from SAUS though. Not enough SCRAAA :(

Top Bottom