• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Twelve-Minute Marth

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wait...

That's a ****ing challenge on Wii U?

@_@

...I suppose a good balance between attack and defence equipment would help, maybe some healing equipment too. Stuff like "First Strike Bonus" or "Longer Respawn Invincibility" may also help.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ ChikoLad ChikoLad : I'm just as shocked as you are with the absurdity of the harder challenges. Even Brawl's challenges were more tolerable to handle.

Anyway, when I saw that challenge, I thought to myself, "You expect me to clear intensity level 9.0 with a character that I'm not even all that good with?". But I guess it could've been worse, as I'm really lousy with using Wii Fit Trainer.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Does the Pity Final Smash effect work on Classic? And would it be useful against the final boss?
no

my recommendation is play a bit of master orders to get equipment, get marth equipped, do some crazy orders, and then get MORE equipped. then go do classic.

you could attempt lower difficulties first, especially to ge tthe hang of the bosses

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
You've got to be kidding me. I'll never complete this game. Ever.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
I can probably do it.

hell no i can't lol

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Already did it. Marth is one of my best.

Anyways, I had an equipment build that was +41 Attack +24 Defense +1 Speed. No perks. I went to town on Master Core and ended up with two lives going into Master Fortress.

I can say though, equipment is a lifesaver.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Challenges like don't make the hammers an option. You either have an insanely high skill with said character or you hammer it. And if you can do neither then it remains not done forever. Stuff makes me remember the NES days in a time before Nintendo understood that games that are too hard and not fun do not sell.

All the very hard challenges should be with any character so people can use their best at it. If you suck with required characters, you luck out.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Smash is fun thought....
My point was the best NES games were the easier NES games.

Super Mario 3, Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Faxanadu, Ninja Gaiden 2, RCR etc etc. All relatively easy and very fun games. All the hard games were just no fun. The one exception would be Battletoads, but most people never got anywhere near beating that as it was just too hard.

The average Smash player will look at the harder challenges/event matches and realise without some major increase of skill, they will never do them.

Last edited:

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
This is actually fairly simple just really hard, what I did was this:

NEW! NOW VIDEO PROOF!
http://www.twitch.tv/smashbro29/c/5651697

If you finish the matches in less than 40-ish seconds each on average (and it'll usually be way less) you have the full time to take on the boss. (you don't get your bat at the boss). In multi man dash attack on the main platform with the bat or down grab for one hit KOs.

Now for the boss breakdown.

1. Hands: Shield like a nutcase, avoid damage here, once the HP gets below 290 they die so really go ham when you can, focus on Master Hand he does slower attacks that are much easier to read.
  2. Shadow Guy: You can hit him as soon as he's done reeling his head forward, time an up smash. Keep hitting him, if you follow my equipment you'll hit like a truck and move really fast, finish him before he finishes you.
  3. Beast: Make sure you start behind him, always wait for the flash and counter his hits, it will end the fight really quickly. Use tipper forward smashes when there's a lull but don't get greedy or he will hit you.
  4. Swords: Stay on the ground for the most part and dodge, get your hits in when you can and don't jump too high or stay in the air longer than necessary, shielding is your friend when projectiles come into play, The big chance is when they set up the sword walls and the slash from the sides make sure to roll in rhythm for the first 4 (1,2,3,4) wait half a second for the big (5) from above and counter, then mash some aerials and he should die.
  5. Shadow Marth: Grab, grab and grab. Time is on your side and the Computer has no response to shielding a lot and throwing.

Now we come to the fortress, more time gets added to the clock and you get a heart that heals all damage, yellow walls and water in segments 2-4 will kill you if you're above 100% and will bounce you around like a pinball if you're close to it (usually into more yellow death). The goal is to destroy 4 pink spheres inside, when you destroy one another path opens to the next.

There are 4 enemy types. Hitting any enemy into yellow kills them instantly (some wll even walk right into it.
  1. Captain Lazerpants: The turret looking things, kill them all and kill them quickly, they will hit you from other parts of the map, they have no limits on their range and they never stop tracking you once they start.
  2. Sword Guy: Run away, there's only one part where you may need to kill him but otherwise it's not worth the effort and risk.
  3. Metroid Wall Thingies: Only bother if they're near a pink sphere don't bother with them in the hallways.
  4. Purple Sparks: At first it may seem they're a huge sphere but that's their projectile, avoid it when it's shot and go in for the kill before they can make another, they'll go down in one hit, very worth it that shot is really strong.
Before we breakdown the segments let's talk about the heart you got. You probably only have 1 life left, if you're over 100% or near 100% use it, do not be a hero. Make sure to take it slow and don't rush anything. Think first.

1. Segment 1 is very straightforward, kill the 2 Lazerpants, avoid Sword Guy, destroy the core and run out, don't go all the way out to FD (unless you see it fit to use the heart here), just until you see a ledge above you.
  2. Go forward and head down the pit, the walls are lined with yellow on both sides at points, stay to the center and veer right towards the end to knock out Lazerpants in the bottom right corner. Tread carefully and eliminate every enemy carefully, be wary that one platform on the lower half on the left has spikes on its left side that are very easy to miss. Strike the core 1-2 times and more enemies will spawn, don't be a hero, take it slow and kill them all then return to the core whack it a few times and they'll transition you back to FD, don't worry about where you land after the final hit magical white screen filling nonsense saves you.
  3. The maze changes a little now, head to the upper path (like you did for #2) because the lower path is a death trap. Then go all the way to the right and go down until you see the core and a little place to stand poking out of a wall, hit the core until Purple Sparks shoots and kill him too before wailing on the core some more.
  4. Climb back up from where you came head left and and go down the new hole in the hallway (note: this is your last chance to use the heart, there is no way up), avoid the Metroid Wall Thingies, I recommend shielding the one that's on the ground and then running along, keep going, Carefully jump and fast fall onto the platforms with Sword guys above the huge pool of yellow water and keep moving along don't dawdle or they will hit you, in the next area jump over the smaller pool of yellow water and make your way to the final area centered around a pink sphere, first off check your right if Sword Guy is there kill him or at least lure him into the pool of yellow you crossed over because he will jump 10 feet out and kill you if you don't. Same routine now, kill everything one by one taking it slow, there's an enemy on a platform above you, double jump and do some Uairs to take it out. Go for the core SLOWLY, after a few hits more enemies will spawn like in section 2 go back the ground floor where it's safe and take them all out and then again SLOWLY AND AS SAFELY AS POSSIBLE hit the core a few more times to be transitioned back to FD.

Whack the sphere around quickly (you really don't wanna blow it all now) and then enjoy your credits sequence.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Does the time keep track of the entirety of matches and menus from the moment you start Classic, or does it keep track like it does for matches in Crazy Orders?

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
Time is not kept track in Classic Mode, which is rather unfortunate. So you have to manually estimate the time needed to complete Classic mode by yourself. I lucked out and got to the Hands battle in about 6 minutes and finished everything else in about 5 minutes with no equipment what so ever.

Polearm

Smash Rookie
In the first 5 stages aim to go for the battles with the least amount of occupants. Use a critical hitter if you have one (ironically you also get another one after this challenge) I would post a video but I dont have 10 posts in yet...

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
Challenges like don't make the hammers an option. You either have an insanely high skill with said character or you hammer it. And if you can do neither then it remains not done forever. Stuff makes me remember the NES days in a time before Nintendo understood that games that are too hard and not fun do not sell.

All the very hard challenges should be with any character so people can use their best at it. If you suck with required characters, you luck out.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but those NES games that were "too hard" certainly didn't hurt sales. Assuming you're talking about the extremely popular games that in turn launched long lasting sequels to nearly every game they produced.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Correct me if i'm wrong, but those NES games that were "too hard" certainly didn't hurt sales. Assuming you're talking about the extremely popular games that in turn launched long lasting sequels to nearly every game they produced.
Well, Battletoads doesn't seem to be around any more. The *real* Super Mario Bros 2 wasn't even released in the US due to its difficulty. Unreasonable difficulty is certainly not a prerequisite for popularity.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo did not ma
Well, Battletoads doesn't seem to be around any more. The *real* Super Mario Bros 2 wasn't even released in the US due to its difficulty. Unreasonable difficulty is certainly not a prerequisite for popularity.
Nintendo did not make battletoads and the fact of the matter was those games sold very well, especially the mario games. Mario bros 1, (presumably the hard one if not including lost levels) was the best selling mario game and 4th best selling game of all time.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Super Mario Bros was included with the system, so it's a bit misleading to cite its sales figures as having any relation to its difficulty.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Otherwise you would say it wouldn't sell well or be popular?
No, I'm certainly not saying that. It was a revolutionary game and the first of its kind. It would have sold very well regardless. I'm simply saying it can't be used as evidence that ridiculously difficult games will sell just as well as those of reasonable difficulty.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
This challenge wasn't so bad at all...though I wish they would've given that challenge to Lucina.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Would Critical Hitter Badge be a good piece of equipment instead of just a normal sword one (transfer from 3DS version)?

I'm thinking about using a similar build to knock this ******** challenge out, and saving the golden hammers for other dumb stuff.

Edit: After a number of attempts, I just hammered the son of a *****.

Seriously, Sakurai needs to actually sit down and do some of this stupid **** he's tasked us with...

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I actually beaten this challenge without using customizations...I think. Took me a couple of tries but I managed to beat that ****.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
It's challenges like these are the reason why I don't bother doing challenges on Wii U. I'm more than happy to complete the 3ds challenges.

Chocoroko

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chocoroko
I tried my attempt to accomplish this goal, but I ultimately died to shadow Marth before the Fortress even came up.

I continued, regardless, and managed to clear the Fortress on level 8.5 difficulty. The Vampire Brawn Badge is so freaking useful. As well as the KO Healer Badge.

My problem might be because I customized my Marth to be very frail; a glass canon. That ultimately would have saved me the first KO defeat. But still, I was running out of time for that 12 minute requirement.

At least I got the satisfaction to dominate Master Fortress for the first time. I'll have to come back to this challenge, unless I use a gold hammer.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
My exact customization (appropriately named 9.0 in 12') when I conquered this back on version 1.01 was as follows:

A +17 D -28 Auto-Healer Brawn Badge
D +85 S -24 Imperfect Shield Cape
D +81 S -40 King's Cape

Grand total:
A +17 D +138 S -64

My very first time beating 9.0 with Marth just happened to be done in 12 minutes, though I have no way of telling how close I was. I'm not even a Marth main, so I'd say if I pulled it off with a -64 speed penalty, there is plenty of margin for error. I only modified his side special to Heavy Blade. Obviously his standard counter works wonders in groups and against several forms of Master Core.

As a general rule, I use a very similar setup for every character on 9.0; that is, one auto heal item (offense or defense) plus my two strongest defense items (though most often without resorting to a negative effect item like Imperfect Shield.) This has served me well for 40 characters on 9.0 so far, and I intend to prove it is good enough for the entire cast.

Top Bottom