• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tuscaloosa Competitive Smash 2: Brawl AND MELEE Tournament. Sept. 20 NO GAY DOOR FEE

3GOD

Smash Ace
1. melee singles
2. brawl doubles
3. brawl pools
4. brawl singles bracket
I like this option best...Melee singles should be done after like 2-3 hours tops which puts the brawl doubles starting at 1:00 or 2:00 PM. There should be enough time from there until 11:00 PM to get the rest in.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Assuming 20 people play Melee (which is probably generous) then that'd be 10 teams. Melee double and singles wouldn't take longer than 4 hours if we keep Iori from playing friendlies >_>

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
if we can get melee going quick. we could possible start brawl pools/doubls during the end of the melee tourney. even if we have to wait for a few people it'll probably still save time.

btw, can anyone bring a laptop with tio on it. i essploded mines

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
cool. i will do better than the last time you teamed with me. i will actually help this time :-D

let's team in brawl though :-D we can go double snake. their collective up tilt hitboxes spans like the whole stage.

itll be fun i pwomise :(

3GOD

Smash Ace
I think Shai would probably rather team with NES n00b (than me) since his Captain Falcon is super sexy. Seriously, n00b amazes me each time we get to play - he improves about 3.2 times faster than anyone else.

Also, I'm not sure how, but Shai was playing about 10 times better tonight than he was this summer. He is at least twice as good as last week also, so watch out for him.

It could be that I'm not quite up to snuff with where I was this summer (thanks to Brawl), but I think he's just playing a lot smarter and not balls-to-the-walls aggressive all the time. I took a little time to practice Melee this weekend, but it actually seemed to help Shai do better somehow.

PS - It was good to play you in Melee a little Janitor. You are definitely better than the last Thief Tourney I went to (back in September of last year or something). Keep up the improvement.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
yeah you're a lot better too. i meant to play some brawl with ya but me and shai had somewhat of a little marathon going there. btwizzle shai where are da vidz

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
google maps does a decent job, but it's possible to find the place even without google maps with some luck.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
cool. i will do better than the last time you teamed with me. i will actually help this time :-D

let's team in brawl though :-D we can go double snake. their collective up tilt hitboxes spans like the whole stage.

itll be fun i pwomise :(
Ok I will do Brawl doubles, but I doubt I will do Singles.

why wouldn't shai team with you though. you're very good at this game lol
I think Shai would probably rather team with NES n00b (than me) since his Captain Falcon is super sexy. Seriously, n00b amazes me each time we get to play - he improves about 3.2 times faster than anyone else.

Thanks. That means alot coming from you. I usually remembered you guys teaming when you guys traveled together. I am used to having no team partner (no one asks me :() or some random guy so I would rather you guys team. I agree with Janitor that you have gotten alot better especially with the spacing. <3

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
will google maps give me directions to the tourney.
Last time i checked, the riverside lane address doesn't come up in google...
but the hackberry address does...but campus is kind of weird so you may still need to call once you get around there...

its the exact same place as the tournaments thief held, if you remember.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Last time i checked, the riverside lane address doesn't come up in google...
but the hackberry address does...but campus is kind of weird so you may still need to call once you get around there...

its the exact same place as the tournaments thief held, if you remember.
I should ask this question ealier, but is there anybody able to house me because just in case i want to play brawl or if melee might take a little to long.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
you'll have to ask, anomaly, munkus, or duchock (or thief, but he's really hard to get in touch with)

the tournaments is ending at 11 though, i'm really going to try to avoid staying later than that.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I might be able to, but I would prefer not to, because I have a lot of work I have to do after school on fridays, unless you were gonna arrive late friday night.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord

Also, I'm not sure how, but Shai was playing about 10 times better tonight than he was this summer. He is at least twice as good as last week also, so watch out for him.

It could be that I'm not quite up to snuff with where I was this summer (thanks to Brawl), but I think he's just playing a lot smarter and not balls-to-the-walls aggressive all the time. I took a little time to practice Melee this weekend, but it actually seemed to help Shai do better somehow..
Haha don't hype me up too much now. I didn't practice any between Thursday night and when we played Tuesday (I know, four days without Smash, impossible right?) so I think I was focusing more on your playing and reacting to your movements instead of just trying to do 10 drillshine repetitions or pivot wavedashes or other stupid hard crap that is next to useless. Also I'm finally learning to dash dance camp properly.

As far as teams for this thing I'll team with whomever. NES n00b you might want to team with someone who's actually good so you have a shot of winning (then again, you're a lousy teammate, you just knee everything in sight =p) but I'll team with you if you really want to do horribly. Or 3GOD I'll team with you.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i want to point out that ps1 is a counterpick, i originally had it listed as neutral, but it is instead a counterpick.

also unlike most tournaments, Pirate Ship and Pokemon Stadium 2 are banned.
MAH TURNEE MAH ROOLZ LOLOLOL

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
i want to point out that ps1 is a counterpick, i originally had it listed as neutral, but it is instead a counterpick.

also unlike most tournaments, Pirate Ship and Pokemon Stadium 2 are banned.
MAH TURNEE MAH ROOLZ LOLOLOL
Man, I can't figure out some of these "official" stage lists. I understand Pirate Ship and Pokémon Stadium 2, but Corneria and Distant Planet are also counterpick on these lists. Have people played on these stages?

NES n00b

Smash Master
Wow, it seems like alot of people want partners, but can't decide amongst themselves. >_> <_<

I will team with theONEjanitor because I have no idea who 3GOD would team with if you didn't Shai. PS: I am bad at teams so I would lose them anyways. That's why no one ever asks if I want to team (I think). D=

Edit: WTF do you mean "don't mind"? I feel so sad. =( I am going to go cry in a corner.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Ok Shai...looks like we'll be teaming together (Melee) if that's cool with you. As you know, I have a slew of decent characters, but I think my best teams character would probably be Fox, Falco, and Ganondorf. I could also bust out my Jiggs for resting fun.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Wow, it seems like alot of people want partners, but can't decide amongst themselves. >_> <_<

I will team with theONEjanitor because I have no idea who 3GOD would team with if you didn't Shai. PS: I am bad at teams so I would lose them anyways. That's why no one ever asks if I want to team (I think). D=

Edit: WTF do you mean "don't mind"? I feel so sad. =( I am going to go cry in a corner.
ARE you teaming in MElee or brawl. Because if i come, Noob we will **** in melee top three for sure son. IF we team that onbly way i possibly could come because i know i gonna get some of my money back. REmember Gigs, m*ther f*ckers did know there were smasher that ****ing good from MS and AL. ROADWARRIORS 4LIFE. Don't do it for me, do it for the 5th dimension.

NES n00b

Smash Master
ARE you teaming in MElee or brawl. Because if i come, Noob we will **** in melee top three for sure son. IF we team that onbly way i possibly could come because i know i gonna get some of my money back. REmember Gigs, m*ther f*ckers did know there were smasher that **** good from MS and AL. ROADWARRIORS 4LIFE. Don't do it for me, do it for the 5th dimension.
If you do go yes, we would do Road Warriors. And I would do my **** best to get some money for ya. haha

Top Bottom