• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turnip to float combos.........

Dory..?

Smash Apprentice
What are some of the best to use, because sometimes i'll throw to float then Nair and just get ***** either with a sheild grab or just bad timing.......

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Well you can try turnup to float cannceled fair. You have one or to options with this make sure your spaced enough not to get change grabed, or you can try to go straight to down smash or jab depending on how fast the characters grab is.

or you can just float high enough to down air combo. Which ever you perfer.

Kroy

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least suspect. That's right you know.
What are some of the best to use, because sometimes i'll throw to float then Nair and just get ***** either with a sheild grab or just bad timing.......
To help try floating THEN throwing. That way you are set up to punish them base on what they do, and you have a much better chance of getting in a combo. There is a lot you can do from a float, but in general a Fair is the answer if they end up eating the turnip causing hitstun. IF they shield or reflect it usually you can get in quick enought to land a D-smash or land a grab, before they can react. If you miss altogether don't try to force a hit in or you'll get punished. Just regroup and make an opening.

Though if they catch it (happens occasionally) just be thankful that wasn't a stitchface you just gave them (or start cursing to yourself if it was).

Overall, I think your major problem to timing is the process.

Float then Throw, FTW.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Turnips are great set ups for F-airs as mentioned above...if the turnip hits. Also u can float above them and do a fast fall back air from float cancel...oh and sometimes this works but its kind of risky...its not a float combo but if the opponent is at a low percentage..preferrably zero...pick a turnip and throw it at them close range..then catch it when it bounces off them and throw it again...hit them 3 times with the turnip so it still doesnt do 2 much knock back then follow up with a peach bomb...but risky like i said if it misses...the turnip knocks them back 2 far 2 do this if they're at mid to high %

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
To help try floating THEN throwing. That way you are set up to punish them base on what they do, and you have a much better chance of getting in a combo. There is a lot you can do from a float, but in general a Fair is the answer if they end up eating the turnip causing hitstun. IF they shield or reflect it usually you can get in quick enought to land a D-smash or land a grab, before they can react. If you miss altogether don't try to force a hit in or you'll get punished. Just regroup and make an opening.

Though if they catch it (happens occasionally) just be thankful that wasn't a stitchface you just gave them (or start cursing to yourself if it was).

Overall, I think your major problem to timing is the process.
Float then Throw, FTW.
Imo throw then float, let them assess the turnip, dodge it or whatever, but while they're doing that I usually nair, azen does it really well.

floating
V
/----------<throw turnip
/ <nair fair etc.
/
/
running------------^jump
------------------------------------------
^
floor
All the lines represent peachs movement, and the jump is a short hop turned quickly using a backwards throw with turnip, followed by imo preferably a nair, fair works to. Sorry the diagram kinda sucks its hard to center it right. Hopefully you get the idea.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Last I checked, Peach can't throw a turnip out of a float, she can only Z drop them.

So here's what you do: ZD, FF, fair/nair/bair. That's all you can really do out of a Z drop in terms of chaining.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Jump, throw turnip, start float, see what they do. If the turnip doesn't hit them at all, don't just rush in. Either get another turnip, or try to fake them out with something (dashdance, wd, whatever..) If you just rush in if the turnip doesn't hit anything and they don't shield you'll probably be punished for it. And no, you can't throw a turnip while floating, unless you z drop it. You can release your float and throw though, or aerial with the turnip in hand.

Top Bottom