• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turning off items in Classic Mode and All-Star Mode

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
Since even solo player mode will be a little more competetive in Smash 4 I would like to discuss items in these modes. Now, there is a big problem with solo mode; It is very luck based. Especially in Brawl. If you play All-Star mode and you only have one stock, chances are huge that you will die from the following things:

-Bombs spawn on you just as you throw out an attack and explode (this happened to me 3 times last time I attempted All-Star).

-Bots obtaining all Dragoon Pieces (and they always hit you with the Dragoon)

-Bots obtaining and Smash Ball

-Bots obtaining either a normal hammer or a golden hammer.

These things are mostly just bad luck rather than anything else. If you're in a 3 v 1 situation getting a Smash Ball can prove difficult and if you fail only once (and they do spawn quite often) you will get your ass handed to you by a Land Master. And remember that picking continue will result in huge score loss.

I would like the option to turn off items in solo mode.

I know people might not care about the solo mode score thingie, but I do feel that it might be entertaining to play just for the variety (let's face it, we'll all play For Glory! the most) and I most certainly will play the solo modes to increase my scores.

What are your thoughts about this?

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I've wanted this option for a long time. Sometimes it really seems like items can really screw you over in single player modes.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
I just want to turn off explosions in Multi-Man mode. And I like items...but seriously it's just annoying. "Yes, I've beat 97 Wire Frames....WHAT? What just sent me flying? Nothing hit me?"

Same with Cruel Melee/Brawl/Smash whatever. Actually, what the hell will the new Multi Man mode be called?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I just want to turn off explosions in Multi-Man mode. And I like items...but seriously it's just annoying. "Yes, I've beat 97 Wire Frames....WHAT? What just sent me flying? Nothing hit me?"

Same with Cruel Melee/Brawl/Smash whatever. Actually, what the hell will the new Multi Man mode be called?
Multi Man Smash.

K.Louis

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2836-0421-0500
I think this would make a lot of sense especially with the Smash Power Ranking whatever Sakurai was talking about.

Top Bottom