• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turkey Throwdown (SA's first Smash 4 Wii U tournament!) November 22nd, San Antonio TX

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Turkey Throwdown Event Photo6.jpg

Hey everyone! The holidays are here and Ultra Arcade wants to give back to the community. But not just the gaming community, we want to help those less fortunate.

To help out those in need, Ultra Arcade will holding a food drive, with plans to donate to the San Antonio Food Bank. More details on this coming soon.

And since Super Smash Bros for Wii U comes out the day before, we'll be holding San Antonio's very first Smash 4 (Wii U) tournament ever! It'll be a great chance to meet new players, swap friend codes, and make new friends!

When:

November 22nd, Doors open at 12:00 pm (Noon)

Where:
Ultra Arcade
5946 Blanco Rd
San Antonio TX

Tournament Schedule:

Doors open, Registration is open at Noon. You may register up until a game's start time.

Super Smash Bros for Wii U: 2 pm
Ultra Street Fighter IV 2:30 pm
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: 3 pm
Killer Instinct: 4 pm

Entry Fees:

Venue fee: $5
All games will be $5 to enter

What do you need to bring?

Cash! Enough for tournament entry, and any food or drinks you may want through out the day

Your own controller/arcade stick: While we will do have controllers, we cannot guarantee there is enough for all participants in the tournament. Especially Gamecube controllers!

Donations! Ultra Arcade will be collecting non perishable food items. There's also talks of a mystery game tournament, where the entry is donating two or more items to the food drive. More information on this coming soon!

More surprises are in store, and stay tuned for more updates on this page. Be sure to follow us on social media:

facebook.com/ultraarcade
twitter.com/ultra_arcade
twitch.tv/ultraarcade

And visit us at www.ultraarcade.com

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Btw, Ruleset for Smash 4 will be added once we get some more info on the game.

I'm thinking it'll probably be

3 stocks
8 minutes

And since we don't really have a stage list.... tentatively it's going to be Battlefield and FD. And I guess any returning stages that weren't banned in past games. Everyone's input is totally welcome.

And I just realized I'm probably going to have to spend a fair amount of time unlocking everything on the Ultra Arcade Wii U's. I think it shouldn't be too hard to convince Brandon to let a few of you guys play for free on Friday to help unlock stuff, if anyone is interested XD

Zhea

Smash Ace
If it's the same as the 3Ds, it's a 140 battles. You can 1 stock suicide it out in like less than an hour.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Well I guess I might need a teammate for teams. I don't want to commit because I need to be done with this by 9. It depends on how efficient this is ran, but if these events do run smooth and we start teams by 7 I will need a partner.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Ggs snorlax. You knew you're stuff...I'll have more smash 4 exp next time we meet, if we do

Top Bottom