• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turbo Tech & Guides

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
Does anyone here play Turbo or, does anyone here play Mewtwo specifically in Turbo? If so, please discuss some tech for turbo and true combo setups. I've discovered some of my own and have a video for you guys but would like to know if anyone else has some cool stuff to discuss about it! Please & Thank You!

WILL BE DOING SIMILAR POST FOR ALL CHARACTERS IN THE NEAR FUTURE!

Keman

Smash Apprentice
Just a heads up, (I've not played a lot of turbo but this holds true for smash in general). Always remember that CPU's act differently then Humans. Just because something works on them doesn't mean it will on a human. As we DI, SDI, Tech whatever.

I'd just assume people could DI away from the UpB conversions?

Last edited:

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
Just a heads up, (I've not played a lot of turbo but this holds true for smash in general). Always remember that CPU's act differently then Humans. Just because something works on them doesn't mean it will on a human. As we DI, SDI, Tech whatever.

I'd just assume people could DI away from the UpB conversions?
You are correct, CPU does act differently, including their DI. However, judging by your comment, you haven't seen my PVP Turbo videos, have you? GHod and I have been testing "bread and butter" combos in Turbo since PM 3.0.
Every combo you saw has a guaranteed version and a DI follow version. Yes, your opponent CAN DI to the left or right, slightly, making the Teleport followup more difficult however, you can just tilt your Teleport a little to the left or right to follow that DI better and if you can't follow it enough, you still have enough time to reverse the direction Mewtwo faces out of Teleport, meaning you can still hit them with a BAir. The only combo that isn't "true" that was seen in the video was "The Mewtwo Special" which is Dash Attack > Side Smash > Shadow Ball and the only way to avoid that is to DI the Smash Attack upward while at a high enough percent or Air Dodge out of it, leaving you WIDE open for a Teleport Shadow Claw which as you can see, you don't want to happen in Turbo. Everything else is either guaranteed or based on reading the opponent. For example, DAir > FAir > Confusion > Grab = at this point, you'll down throw and your opponent will either miss their tech, allowing a free down/side smash or shadow ball, or they will tech in place or toward you, allowing an immediate down tilt into FAir, or they will tech roll away, which is what Shadow Ball chasing is for, to punish away techs.

I hope this answers any questions you may have had about these combos and your concern was justified, so I felt the need to provide a very detailed explanation. While you are partially correct, it is somewhat DI dependent, it is only so if the percentages are high enough, low percentages don't really need a lot of DI followup, especially on 0.8.

Last edited:
Top Bottom