• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TSA and CCX Present - NJ's SMASHACRE Monthly Tournaments - Nov 3rd! Final Farewell :(

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I guess I'll have to find some way to beat Marth with Jigglypuff. Every good Marth I've played I can't beat them with Puff. I don't know how to get past Marth's Edgegaurding. So much range.

JFox

Smash Hero
LOL!!! Jiggs is complaining about marth's edgegaurding. Thats a joke. uhhh hands down best recovery in the game?

And you need to play smarter/more patient. You just fall into a ruitine spamming of moves. Sometimes waiting is better than moving.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Well, If I try to grab the ledge, he f smashes me, he counters every single on of my ways of getting back on the stage. If I go above he jumps up and f airs me. If I come from the top he u airs me. He practically gaurds the whole stage! It should be called stage gaurding!

I roll - wavedash back fsmash, grab f smash
I jump b air - wavedash back f smash
jump - f air
hang on the edge- d tilt, f smash
attack grab - fsmash
jump f air - f smash

come from above, u air

and when I'm on the stage, his range game makes it impossible for me to attack him!

I recorded it so I can show u, but it might be a while b4 I get it on my comp.

Magus420

Smash Master
F-smash is on that list way too much. You are clearly being predictable. If you aren't going to go over, play around just offstage rising pounding outwards to stall and stay just out of range and make an opening and then go.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
O yeah I forgot about air dodging. I do use it. He just dash dances grabs to fsmash. Thanks for the tips guys, I'll show u what I mean when I get my video up. If my capture card still works. My big problem is that I'm best at camping at the ledges but Marth is better at the ledge so I don't know what else to do and thats why I lose.

Magus420

Smash Master
The floaty characters can smash DI up and jump before you can grab them, or at least make timing the grab extremely difficult before they can jump for the less floaty ones. It also requires some damage for that universal reverse d-air setup to work. Probably 60ish or more if they mash very well.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
The floaty characters can smash DI up and jump before you can grab them, or at least make timing the grab extremely difficult before they can jump for the less floaty ones. It also requires some damage for that universal reverse d-air setup to work. Probably 60ish or more if they mash very well.
Well most ppl suck at smash DI and can get wobbled starting from 0 :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom