• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trying to get the timing down on the illusion canel...

Wufei74

Smash Rookie
Has anyone managed to get the timing down on his cancel? If I can get it timed right I would probably use it a lot more.

It sort of reminds me of a move in Tekken Tag, with Jin. I think it was called a lightning dash? I don't really remember, its Forward Neutral down Forward, and you kind of wave dash in tekken.

ANYWAYS :p Just curious if anyone has the timing down to where they can do any of the 3 distances they want yet.

waks

Smash Journeyman
Im not sure, but I think it depends where you press B on, which is one of the first 3 frames when the move is done.

Going to training mode and slowing things down might help you get the timing down :3

ashark8doom

Smash Rookie
Yea its really tricky timing I was fairly decent at it for like a day but then the next day my timing was off again.

Waks good suggestion I completely forgot about slowing time down in training I was making those stop watch items spawn to slow it down....:ohwell:

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
u press B while wolf is like "invisible" he's in like a void between where he starts and his destination, looks like red lightning, throughout 3 frames (each frame is 1/60th of a second) he travels that distance, press B during one of the 3 frames, the first being the shortest and the last being the longest

Wufei74

Smash Rookie
Yes I understand how it works, it's just hard to get it down without sitting there spamming b after I phantasm.

Crocuta

Smash Rookie
Yea, this has been pissing me off a bit lately. I can get on streaks where I do 4 or 5 in a row but then nothing for the next 15 minutes. I also seem to trigger the shortest one the most often which I suppose is telling me I am pressing B to soon. Do you guys think this move will ever be viable to do in a real game? Seems too hit or miss to rely upon to me.

Top Bottom